Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:02 PM

9,544 posts, read 4,370,746 times

Advertisements

Unless the Dems miraculously produce a candidate who isn't bat **** insane before the election, I'm voting for Trump, although I wouldn't characterize myself as a "Trump supporter". However, even I were a full-blown Trump nutswinger, I wouldn't display any signs that I support him. TDS afflicted leftists have proven repeatedly that it's OK to respond to such displays with violence, and I'm too damn old to fight off a bunch of outraged soy boys/girls.

Old Today, 02:02 PM

3,320 posts, read 2,348,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2cents55 View Post
For example if you are a Trump supporter do you wear your MAGA hat in public?
I don't own a MAGA hat.

I put out yard signs since I live in a more rural area, where they won't be touched. Bumper stickers of any kind are a no-no. I don't like the cluttered-up look, and they're a PITA to get off the glass.

Old Today, 02:04 PM

8,543 posts, read 4,783,181 times
I don’t support either of them, so…no.

I don’t put up any signs or stickers of any political flavour anyway. My brand of politics manages to tick off both righties and lefties, and I’m just asking for vandalism because people are stupid enough to get personally insulted by politics.

Old Today, 02:09 PM

569 posts, read 301,898 times
I have never been one to air out my political views in public. Never displayed a campaign sign, hat, etc. and don’t plan on ever doing so.

Old Today, 02:31 PM

5,765 posts, read 4,727,820 times
The only flag I fly is American Flag. If somebody has a problem with that, come and try to take it.

Old Today, 02:32 PM

39,290 posts, read 27,677,316 times
Nope

Old Today, 02:33 PM

6,843 posts, read 9,391,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
*If* I were a Trump supporter I’d be nervous to promote it.
They are far more likely to be a victim of vandalism and/or violence than someone with a Biden flag or bumper sticker. That is a cold hard fact, so just zip it lefties.
The news reports of Trump supporters being targeted far outweigh that of a democrat and everyone knows that.
Yeah, while I didn’t think of this as a reason, you reminded me that a neighbor on my street had a Trump 2020 yard sign that was continuously vandalized. I live in a “blue” part of Colorado and his sign was the only Trump sign I knew of in the immediate area, but it’s sad that people just couldn't leave it alone. I can’t stand Joe Biden, but it’s not like I’d go to my next door neighbor’s house and tear down her Biden/Harris sign.

Old Today, 02:37 PM

73,113 posts, read 62,755,053 times
Neither. I don't have any political posters or t-shirts.

Old Today, 02:38 PM

22,504 posts, read 12,049,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
No way, there's no telling how people filled up with Trump Derangement may react.
^^^^This

I live in an area that used to be red but due to exponential growth among other things, has turned blue. That said, we see "Biden" stickers on cars, "Hate has no home here" placards, and during the last gubernatorial election, someone in our building had a sign in their window pleading with others to keep the state "blue". ETA: Also lots of "coexist" bumper stickers on expensive vehicles---owned by people who don't "coexist" in their neighborhoods.

In an environment like that, we lay low. Sure, we have found other like-minded people and we've had conversations but...we always talk softly.

Last edited by BOS2IAD; Today at 02:48 PM..

Old Today, 03:13 PM

4,573 posts, read 2,291,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
No way, there's no telling how people filled up with Trump Derangement may react.
Agree. I don’t wish to be assaulted, gave my car keyed or my house damaged. TDS runs deep in the left and they are a violent bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.