Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:06 AM

5,816 posts, read 3,240,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Since one of my many long winded debunkings of the most worn out lie in politics was in another thread about the trickle down myth started by you, I'll start my links off with that one:

Volobjectitarian debunks "trickle down" in response to Tonyafd back in 2019

An earlier 2019 debunking of "trickle down" nonsense

The 2018 link of links by me that debunks "trickle down" nonsense.

Honestly, why do people cling to lies that have been so routinely and thoroughly debunked? I just don't get it.

You seem to misunderstand, we are in agreement. Il padroni "the liesure class" is still using that nonsense to convince the gullible that if you lower taxes on the very wealthy, it will trickle down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:35 AM

1,725 posts, read 627,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Overtime in its pure sense has traditionally been used to help the employer deal with a month or two of heavy demand. Employees who work these extended work weeks deserve a reward for the extra time spent at the office.

Companies that make two employees do the work of three are called sweat shops and deserve to fail.
I don’t disagree. It’s time employees were recognized and received a larger slice of the pie. However, I have a problem with unions protecting loser employees. Poor performers who don’t show improvement when given the chance and help should not be protected. Employees who allow substance use to degrade performance should also be let go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies