Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:02 PM

18,191 posts, read 15,761,055 times

Advertisements

I watched the video that was linked above. The hosts of the podcast said that *every* administration protects the minor children of the president, in terms of the press. It isn't a "dem" or "pub" thing, it's what families do and the press knows the rules.

Barron has not been attacked. Apparently Barron said, at the dinner these hosts were invited to attend, that he knows now that he's 18, the press can talk about him, and he doesn't care, doesn't bother him. Sounds like a secure and rational young man.

Old Today, 01:17 PM

26,017 posts, read 22,203,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I watched the video that was linked above. The hosts of the podcast said that *every* administration protects the minor children of the president, in terms of the press. It isn't a "dem" or "pub" thing, it's what families do and the press knows the rules.

Barron has not been attacked. Apparently Barron said, at the dinner these hosts were invited to attend, that he knows now that he's 18, the press can talk about him, and he doesn't care, doesn't bother him. Sounds like a secure and rational young man.
Seems to me as a child that Barron Trump was attacked, and the quote material concerning Peter Fonda was the worst, what an idiot.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...o-barron-trump

"Melania Trump says a Democratic witness at the House Judiciary Committee’s impeachment hearing should be “ashamed” for mocking the name of her 13-year-old son, Barron."

https://www.politico.com/blogs/on-me...p-tweet-234059

According to The Washington Post, Rich, who has been writing for “SNL” since 2013, has been suspended from the show indefinitely for her tweet, in which she wrote that Barron, who is 10, “will be this country’s first homeschool shooter.”

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/polit...ice/index.html

The United States Secret Service has been alerted in response to a tweet by actor Peter Fonda, who said Barron Trump – President Donald Trump’s youngest son – should be separated from his mother and put “in a cage with pedophiles.”

Happily, there was a backlash. I did come across many excited that now that Barron was 18, it was "open season" on him. How pathetic is that? Immaturity in adults has become huge. Making fun of the way that someone looks is where we find the true "children", as adults grow out of that behavior. I don't care what age someone is, that makes the person a real, well, it isn't good!

Old Today, 01:27 PM

23,847 posts, read 12,693,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I don’t remember the left attacking him (and they SHOULDN’T, kids should be off limits), but you’re absolutely correct… once he does this, he is fair game, just like all of his siblings.
Alluding to him having autism(Rosie O'Donnell), which was parroted in this very forum, or saying that he would be "this country's first homeschooled shooter"(Katie Rich, SNL writer), trying to incite people to kidnap him and put him in a cage with pedophiles(Fonda), among many other things, is not the left attacking him?

Can you imagine the outrage if someone had said those very things about Obama's underage kids? I certainly would be outraged over it. I was outraged when the left's favorite, McCain, had made seriously tasteless jokes about Chelsea, but for some reason the left seems to have had forgiven him for it.

Old Today, 01:31 PM

I hope Barron has the same backbone as his father, he'll definitely need it.

(I wonder how long it will be before the left tries to lock him up too)

Old Today, 03:08 PM

4,432 posts, read 1,722,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Alluding to him having autism(Rosie O'Donnell), which was parroted in this very forum, or saying that he would be "this country's first homeschooled shooter"(Katie Rich, SNL writer), trying to incite people to kidnap him and put him in a cage with pedophiles(Fonda), among many other things, is not the left attacking him?

Can you imagine the outrage if someone had said those very things about Obama's underage kids? I certainly would be outraged over it. I was outraged when the left's favorite, McCain, had made seriously tasteless jokes about Chelsea, but for some reason the left seems to have had forgiven him for it.
I dont remember any of those, but not cool. I think Chelsea got it the worst, and thats when the press started backing off. I dont remember the bush girls, and I remember some nonsense with the Obama girls (although I dont remember exactly what). All, including what you mention above, should be off limits.

Old Today, 03:11 PM

2,986 posts, read 3,543,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
What exactly is your issue with this? Seriously? Who cares?

Old Today, 03:19 PM

2,858 posts, read 4,537,634 times
i wonder if it was HIS idea? or was he led by another family member? or if someone else put his name in the hat & he's just going along with it?

Old Today, 03:26 PM

17,481 posts, read 14,724,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
i wonder if it was HIS idea? or was he led by another family member? or if someone else put his name in the hat & he's just going along with it?
Since his two brothers and Tiffany are all delegates, I’d assume it’s a family affair.

Old Today, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Chelsea was at an unfortunate awkward age - but it must have been horrible for her.
Amy Carter, too.

Quote:

The Bush girls were older I think - and just party girls … but pretty darned typical for their age.

I think Malia was caught on camera smoking - but what they got was nothing compared to the vile stuff that both Chelsea and Barron underwent.
It was a lot more than just smoking, lol. She probably could have given the Bush girls a run for their money in partying. Yeah, it is pretty typical for kids to test the boundaries as they're growing up.

Old Today, 03:31 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 22 days ago)

35,702 posts, read 18,057,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I dont remember any of those, but not cool. I think Chelsea got it the worst, and thats when the press started backing off. I dont remember the bush girls, and I remember some nonsense with the Obama girls (although I dont remember exactly what). All, including what you mention above, should be off limits.
I believe Amy Carter got it the worst. And she was a little girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies