Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM

13,405 posts, read 7,407,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.columbo View Post
Huh ?

You heard me ... i said they have the money !

(if they don't, we'll give them food stamps)---

Go to 8:15 ---

BTW; He looks Horrible ... Who voted for this guy again ?

MORE GEMS;
"Inflation was 9% when I came to office" LOL
"The guy [Trump] is not a democrat, with a small 'd'"14:47
"Trump never said inject bleach. Why is this allowed to still be said. 1:36
---ETC

Your correct he said disinfectant.

This was one of my favorite Trump videos.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM

15,010 posts, read 12,216,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
At 68 next month I have no plans to retire until such time I can no longer work.....at anything.
And that's a good choice if that's what you really want to do, and have the stamina and strength to keep on keepin' on. More power to you. I just find it sad when a person, who really wants to be retired, not work anymore, finds it necessary due to financial issues to get back into the work force when he/she didn't want to do so. Especially if the person has health issues that make working more difficult.

I'm 76 years old and working at a side gig myself- my main gig is retirement, I always say. It's an at home part time job as an editor and anything else they ask me to do for a company that does medical continuing education courses ( for nurses, lab techs, and other healthcare folks, not doctors). I've worked for them for over 20 years( at night in my pjs when I also had a full time job) , so lots of practice and I'm good at it, and they're great folks who think I walk on water ( kind of humbling, I think). It's the kind of job that I can put aside any time I get a better offer, and work at pretty much my own pace. I like learning new things and I think the mental gymnastics involved with the job helps me remember people's names and maybe where I left my glasses. I think I will probably do this until I'm either too blind or too senile to do it anymore.

Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM

34,129 posts, read 17,188,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Shrinkflation is a constant in all eras. It is the inevitable consequence during any period of high inflation whether that is now, the 1970s or during World War I. .
People who do not notice are lazy, as unit pricing was added decades ago, displayed alongside the price, to accommodate comparison shopping. In the early 70s, just about all tuna brands were using slightly different sizes. It was the poster child as to why the government added a unit pricing requirement.

Last edited by BobNJ1960; Yesterday at 01:17 PM..

Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM

24,046 posts, read 15,157,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
People who do not notice are lazy, as unit pricing was added decades ago, displayed alongside the price, to accommodate comparison shopping. In the early 70s, just about all tuna brans were using slightly different sizes. It was the poster child as to why the government added a unit pricing requirement.
Yes unit pricing helps. And sometimes surprises. The large economy size is sometimes not the cheapest.

Some, like myself are too old to almost have to kneel on the floor to see the unit price.

Old Today, 05:06 AM

30,362 posts, read 23,827,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Your correct he said disinfectant.

This was one of my favorite Trump videos.

Try harder. He stated he's not a doctor. He has talked to doctors. He's wording it how he understands it (because like he said, he's not a doctor), he's asking those who do know what he means...yeah, "great slam" on Trump. Your post doesn't slam him, but it sure reveals a bit about you.

Old Today, 05:10 AM

25,973 posts, read 12,977,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Trump is just the face that these people hate. These people hate Christians, Religion, White People, Non-White people who do not conform to their beliefs, America, the American Flag, Jews, masculinity and many more things. These people hate you, and Trump is the face of the hate.

Its a spiritual warfare happening, the same thing happened to Germany in the 20's and 30's.
^^^the hatred Biden has for small people is on full display with his comment "they have the money"

How cold, uncaring, & callous is that? He doesn't know if they have the money, or not, & doesn't care, but even his feeble mind knows he can't say that...yet. His words are code for "F them, starve to death for all I care"

I wouldn't call it spiritual warfare, because that implies a God, & they hate religion. They believe they themsevles are God. DC Libs like Biden/Obama feel as though we should all be worshipping them, instead of any religious God.

Part of that worship includes not whining about high food prices..."shut up & eat bugs" is what they think, when "we the Sheeple" whine.

They hate corporations for making $, so blame them for the inflation that their own Liberal policies caused.

If we could replace Trump w/ Mother Theresa, they'd attack her too. It's not the face, the name, or the person, it's their defiance of the Liberal Gods.

Old Today, 05:18 AM

9,504 posts, read 5,291,959 times
I went to the store yesterday to buy things I need for a cheese/fruit board for my bowling group. Other than 2 small packs of cold cuts (for my husband and which were about $11-12), my bill was $71. I was flabbergasted.
On my way home, I felt like an ice cream to console myself and went into a local gas station. Magnum ice cream bar (the one with caramel) was going to cost me $5. I told the cashier no and put it back. This is really getting ridiculous. And I don't live extravagantly by any means.

Old Today, 05:54 AM

24,046 posts, read 15,157,834 times
Was it because it was Mother's Day?

We needed milk so I ran into my local grocery yesterday. The little one layer 6 inch carrot cake I have purchased weekly for years for 5 bucks price increased 2 bucks, overnight.

Several other items I regularly purchase had overnight price jumps.

Old Today, 05:58 AM

11,889 posts, read 5,863,180 times
People with closed minds and who are lazy are the ones supporting him. They fail to do their own research and believe everything fed to them. It's sad that they take such a privilege as the right to vote for representation and don't use it to THEIR advantage to better their lives. Then they sit here and complain about the current situations - do't they realize no one feels sorry for them as they are the reason things are what they are?

Old Today, 06:39 AM

59,342 posts, read 27,505,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.columbo View Post
Huh ?

You heard me ... i said they have the money !

(if they don't, we'll give them food stamps)---

Go to 8:15 ---

BTW; He looks Horrible ... Who voted for this guy again ?

MORE GEMS;
"Inflation was 9% when I came to office" LOL
"The guy [Trump] is not a democrat, with a small 'd'"14:47
"Trump never said inject bleach. Why is this allowed to still be said. 1:36
---ETC

Half his Face is drooping --- did he have a Stroke ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P1E9iKf__Q&t=500s

https://www.forbes.com › sites › markjoyella › 2023 › 03 › 14 › cnns-ratings-woes-continue-as-network-has-its-lowest-rated-week-in-more-than-7-years

CNN's Ratings Woes Continue As Network Has Its Lowest-Rated

You might be 1 of the few still watching cnn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies