Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM

17,593 posts, read 14,759,330 times

Advertisements

Two cheeseburgers.

Two fries.

Two shakes.

Indiana.

$45.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM

8,172 posts, read 3,721,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
These peeps need to be making 7 a hour. No wonder fast food at Mc Muckers cost more than red lobster. I never eat at any of these places.
No, you think they should be making $7 an hour.

Besides, why do you care if you never eat there

Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM

34,132 posts, read 17,194,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
For all the people that warn people that automation will come in and replace the high labor cost, how long will it take for the prices to go down reflecting the cheaper cost of robotic labor?

Don't worry, it's a rhetorical question. The cost wont come down, corporate greed will increase and Americans will continue to pay ridiculous prices for awful quality food and they'll find something (probably whoever the president is) to blame rather than rampant profiteering.
Automation will speed up, or casual dining will grab market share from fast food, which will cut fast food headcount, in favor of tipped wage labor at casual dining.

I've been involved in cap ex my whole life, and it does take a while to implement a good system. The payback is always fewer labor hours, btw.

Old Today, 06:29 AM

89,319 posts, read 45,042,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Automation will speed up, or casual dining will grab market share from fast food, which will cut fast food headcount, in favor of tipped wage labor at casual dining.
No, it's going in a different direction. Most people are probably unaware of this, but Chipotle has been testing automated makeline systems.

Here's how it works currently, in testing...

An app order is routed to the automated system.
The receptacle traverses along the bottom makeline and positions itself sequentially under the specified ingredient containers.
The intelligent dispensers dynamically portion each ingredient.
The order is completed.

https://newsroom.chipotle.com/2023-1...GITAL-MAKELINE

Old Today, 06:39 AM

5,207 posts, read 3,134,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2cents55 View Post
Fast food will soon be run by Ai/Robots. No minimum wage needed.
Can I use the drive through with the fusion-powered flying car they promised me forty years ago?

Old Today, 06:42 AM

89,319 posts, read 45,042,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Can I use the drive through with the fusion-powered flying car they promised me forty years ago?
I'm still waiting for my FLYING car. That would make my life SO much easier!!

Old Today, 06:54 AM

17,433 posts, read 15,564,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Flying cars never made sense. AI for repeated mundane tasks does.

Old Today, 06:55 AM

5,207 posts, read 3,134,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm still waiting for my FLYING car. That would make my life SO much easier!!

I like that shirt!

Really what we need is a Moore’s Law for people. If we could only double the productivity of humans every 18 months, we would all own one of those cars, and hamburgers would cost 15 cents again.

Old Today, 07:35 AM

27,341 posts, read 13,597,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Flying cars never made sense. AI for repeated mundane tasks does.
I don't think flying cars are going to get very far given all the obesity caused by the fast food industry.

Old Today, 07:39 AM

36,709 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Both of my parents worked, and we 'kids' had many after school activities, yet somehow, we were all able to eat breakfast at home, and all of us sat at the dining table for a home cooked meal at dinner. The extremely rare times we got fast food was when Dad just "felt like it".

I have worked 80+ hours a week for far too long in the past, yet still managed to make something at home. The rare times I got ff, or pizza, or Chinese food delivered is because a) I was lazy that day, and/or b) I was really craving some chow mein, or pizza sauce and melted cheese, or french fries.

Once in awhile, sure, you're 'too busy', but constantly? That's just bs.
I'm talking about once in a while. Do you really know people who eat every meal from FF take out.
People are saying well just cook at home. IME that is exactly what people do but sometimes life happens and you dont have time so that is what ff takeout is for, convenience when you cant prepare a meal at home not a substitute for preparing meals at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies