Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM

89,323 posts, read 45,051,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
People work for crews, construction, road construction, landscaping, etc. They are on the job, sharing a ride. Other jobs where people are basically on the road during working hours and not at their brick and mortar.
Many schools don't have a kitchen or even a cafeteria or lunch room. Kids bring their lunch every day and eat at their desks. No big deal. If millions of kids can do it, so can adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM

8,311 posts, read 3,539,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I only asked because you are defending them.
I am not defending or condemning them. It's their money. They can eat fast food if they want to.

Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM

19,741 posts, read 10,178,060 times
I have not eaten fast food for years. My grandsons wanted some sausage, egg, cheese biscuits from McDonalds. 4 of them would have been $26.
I took them to a local cafe instead and the 3 of us ate a real breakfast for $25.

Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM

17,439 posts, read 15,575,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
People work for crews, construction, road construction, landscaping, etc. They are on the job, sharing a ride. Other jobs where people are basically on the road during working hours and not at their brick and mortar.
I’ve worked these types of places. Bring a cooler/lunchbox. No employer is going to say “you can’t bring your own food.”

Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

11,170 posts, read 7,230,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Where does someone with no locker or break room supposed to store the food? Fast food places I have been in didn't have either. There was nowhere to put it.
There's no spare 1 foot square space in the entire building?? I can't believe that. That's the space my cooler, and a decent-sized container, takes up. This discussion is getting behind ridiculous. People are coming up with really lame excuses.

Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

27,354 posts, read 13,605,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I am not defending or condemning them. It's their money. They can eat fast food if they want to.

I just don't understand why a lot of fast food is so popular.

The reality is that the US has a lot of fairly good food and has the most fantastic BBQ scene and some great fresh unprocessed food.

I would rather sit down and enjoy proper American food than waste money on a lot of the often dubious food that you get at drive in's or other fast food outlets.

Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM

12,416 posts, read 8,209,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

The reality is that the US has a lot of fairly good food and has the most fantastic BBQ scene and some great fresh unprocessed food.

I would rather sit down and enjoy proper American food than waste money on a lot of the often dubious food that you get at drive in's or other fast food outlets.
Put the emphasis on fast.

Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM

34,282 posts, read 18,661,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

Because it's loaded with fat, sugar and calories and provides the unwashed masses with instant gratification because they are lazy.

I haven't eaten that garbage in over six years and even then, very, very infrequently.

Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM

17,439 posts, read 15,575,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Put the emphasis on fast.
Nowadays you can order takeout from virtually any restaurant by ordering online. Just as fast.

Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM

27,354 posts, read 13,605,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Because it's loaded with fat, sugar and calories and provides the unwashed masses with instant gratification because they are lazy.

I haven't eaten that garbage in over six years and even then, very, very infrequently.
Totally Agree Pilot1 - and I feel exactly the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies