Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 10:51 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,312,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Maybe ND Governor Doug Burgum? Not sure how likable because most of America doesn't really know him yet. But he is recognized globally for his visionary business leadership, entrepreneurship and being a philanthropist. Something America needs.

We'll see.
Yeah, Trump is likely ahead right now. But, I expect things to tighten as people focus in on the election. It isn't that Trump is doing well in the polls (he's rarely above 50 percent in any swing state poll) as much as Biden is reporting fairly low support. I think that is disaffected Dems or never Trump Republicans who will ultimately come back.

Trump is typically at his most popular when attention isn't focused on how he would govern.

I'm a little skeptical of Trump's ability to help himself with a VP pick. While a pragmatic executive type could help him with swing voters. Trump has an almost pathological desire to humiliate and demonstrate his dominance over anyone around him. A VP would almost certainly have to state the 2020 election was stolen, the J6 rioters are political prisoners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2024, 11:05 AM

6,346 posts, read 5,173,069 times
This thread is hilarious. Even his own prior VP, not to mention 40+ senior officials who were appointed by and worked for Trump, say he's unfit for office. And they saw him in action...EVERY DAY...and in private. Not the teleprompter / rally / verbal diarrhea version of him. And yet we have MAGAs going GAGA. And these schmucks trying to jockey into being his VP, after he tried to have the last one killed, is beyond shameful.

Believe me, it is still "anybody but Trump" for all Dems. They'll never vote for Trump, I do concede they may stay home...but that's why the next 6 months are critical to ensure voter turnout.

Old 05-13-2024, 11:12 AM

6,156 posts, read 2,917,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
This thread is hilarious. Even his own prior VP, not to mention 40+ senior officials who were appointed by and worked for Trump, say he's unfit for office. And they saw him in action...EVERY DAY...and in private. Not the teleprompter / rally / verbal diarrhea version of him. And yet we have MAGAs going GAGA. And these schmucks trying to jockey into being his VP, after he tried to have the last one killed, is beyond shameful.

Believe me, it is still "anybody but Trump" for all Dems. They'll never vote for Trump, I do concede they may stay home...but that's why the next 6 months are critical to ensure voter turnout.
It's difficult to enthuse people to turn out for President Biden when he's directly caused all of the top problems concerning Americans, no matter his opponent, particularly when the problems concerning Americans weren't problems under his opponent's term in office...

Old 05-13-2024, 12:31 PM

8,133 posts, read 7,510,201 times
Quote:
... trying to jockey into being his VP, after he tried to have the last one killed, is beyond shameful.
This is the kind of nonsense the Left is reduced to. Why has Trump not been indicted for "trying to have Mike Pence killed"? Attempted murder of the sitting Vice President, by itself has to be good for 91 indictments.

Quote:
They may indeed stay home, chanting "From the River to the Sea". Thanks for mixing a little sense in with the nonsense. At my local polling place in the battleground state of Pennsylvania on 4/23, several primary voters took the time to write in "Uncommitted (Gaza)" for every single race on the Dem ballot, though no races were competitive except State Treasurer.

Old 05-13-2024, 01:15 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,312,941 times
Quote:

Eh .the polls are the polls. This is a competitive election. I'm pretty anti Trump and won't be voting for him under any conceivable scenario. But let's face it. Biden is fairly unpopular and Trump isn't so unpopular that he can't ever will in 2024. He did win narrowly in 2016 and came fairly close in 2020.

Old 05-13-2024, 01:39 PM

13,960 posts, read 8,127,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
Eh .the polls are the polls. This is a competitive election. I'm pretty anti Trump and won't be voting for him under any conceivable scenario. But let's face it. Biden is fairly unpopular and Trump isn't so unpopular that he can't ever will in 2024. He did win narrowly in 2016 and came fairly close in 2020.

And given Trumps poll numbers are much, much better than the last two elections. The Dem leadership has to be thinking behind closed doors - do we dump Joe or not?
Quote:
The point here is that Democrats have a Joe Biden problem...

...There’s time for the campaign dynamic to change. The economy is still healthy, and the anti-Israel protests might — might — die down. But the trajectory remains grim, and one effect of a losing campaign is that various factions start caring less about helping you win and more about exploiting your expected defeat for their own purposes.,
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...d=BingNewsSerp

Old 05-13-2024, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
It's difficult to enthuse people to turn out for President Biden when he's directly caused all of the top problems concerning Americans, no matter his opponent, particularly when the problems concerning Americans weren't problems under his opponent's term in office...
^Had a hearty laugh at this one

I would've voted for my neighbor in 2020 to keep Trump from a second term. Take all that sentiment, now add the fact that women (across the political spectrum) are royally p***ed at the egregious rollback of reproductive freedom.

Old 05-13-2024, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
This is the kind of nonsense the Left is reduced to. Why has Trump not been indicted for "trying to have Mike Pence killed"? Attempted murder of the sitting Vice President, by itself has to be good for 91 indictments.
It came from Pence's own Chief of Staff (Marc Short). And several others UNDER OATH. Put it this way--rather than trying to ensure his VP's safety, he remarked "He deserves it". So let me rephrase--Trump didn't stand in the way of Mike Pence being killed. Sound better?

You do realize what a low bar you're talking about here? For a human being...let alone a President!

Old 05-13-2024, 03:28 PM

8,133 posts, read 7,510,201 times
Quote:
It came from Pence's own Chief of Staff (Marc Short). And several others UNDER OATH. Put it this way--rather than trying to ensure his VP's safety, he remarked "He deserves it". So let me rephrase--Trump didn't stand in the way of Mike Pence being killed. Sound better?
No, it still sounds way over the top. But thanks for asking. How close did Mike Pence come to "being killed" by a group of rabble-rousers with a 3/4-size prop gallows made of scrap wood about a half mile from the Capitol?

Quote:
You do realize what a low bar you're talking about here? For a human being...let alone a President!
Jeez dude, it's been 8 years. Are you stuck in 2016, or what?

Old 05-13-2024, 03:47 PM

3,187 posts, read 2,235,887 times
If Trump is essentially sweeping the swing states as these polls suggest, it's likely Republicans won't just win a Senate majority, but get to 53-54 seats which would make it very difficult for Democrats to flip back in the 2026 midterms and possibly beyond. Most voters do not split their tickets in presidential election years, as the outcomes in 2016 and 2020 demonstrated where virtually every state chose the same party for president and senate.

Republicans will also capture a larger House majority, so it should be clear sailing for the #MAGA agenda for at least two years. Trump has learned from his first term, and won't be making what he sees as the same mistakes regarding personnel choices or handling the federal bureaucracy. If Americans can't conceive of him being more unfiltered and unconstrained, they are likely to get a rude awakening next January as soon as he is inaugurated, if not sooner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies