Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:34 AM

30,608 posts, read 19,329,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
It's hard to feel compassionate when this is what they keep voting for.
Correct, you can't say they're not getting what they voted for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:37 AM

29,632 posts, read 14,763,799 times
It's hilarious, progressives bleat on about gun control and want to restrict or ban firearms, targeting the law abiding, then we see progressives judges, district attorneys, and prosecutors turn the individuals that are actually responsible for crime and violence back out on the streets.

What an absolute joke these people are. It seems like a large portion of progressives, liberals, leftists, democrats, whatever you want to call them, really are on the side of criminals, well , criminals from "marginalized" groups. There are just far to many examples of this to not be true. Equity in law enforcement and criminal justice is dangerous and getting people killed.

Old Today, 10:38 AM

6,011 posts, read 2,259,858 times
There is bail and then there is remanding someone to jail pending trial due to public risk.

I agree with no bail if their are not a risk to flee as that is what bail is designed for and is not a hold in jail until trial card.

But the Judge could have held him in jail regardless of bond decision due to public safety and recklessness of the crime.

I only bring this up because we sort of bastardized bail by using it as a way to hold people in jail with a high number when there was never a need to do so because they can be held without bail being in question.

Not sure why the judge let him walk pending trial, sometimes it is jail space and their directed to let them out before trial and sometimes it's just a dumb judge, not sure in this case since I am not familiar with DC

Old Today, 10:43 AM

24,604 posts, read 17,350,035 times
THIS IS THE PROBLEM. I'm sure no one in that neighborhood shed a tear when that punk was finally collared BUT THEN some Woke judge lets him go ?

Who are these Leftists trying to protect here? It is really obvious that they do not care about the decent people that are just trying to live their lives. WHY are criminals that have proven through their direct actions that they have no place in a civilized society continually treated with kid gloves?

I guess this Liberal Woke judge Might take this punk more seriously when he finally kills someone?

Of course the Left will blame the gun when he does while they conveniently ignore the Thug that is so willing to pull that trigger without a care of who he might injure or kill.

It's like a broken record.

Old Today, 10:45 AM

2,421 posts, read 1,545,321 times
Clearly the issue is systemic.

Systemic victimhood
Systemic absent father
Systemic anti education
Systemic lack of personal responsibility
Systemic soft on crime
Systemic systemic ~

Old Today, 10:54 AM

8,005 posts, read 3,532,451 times
Does Judge Lloyd U. Nolan Jr. hold an elected position? If so how much did Soros contribute to his campaign?

Old Today, 10:54 AM

17,661 posts, read 13,451,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Again we hear about this crap from the foreign press.

I'm glad that the regressives are waking up, now let's see the mainstream media wake up as well

Old Today, 11:04 AM

52,826 posts, read 34,710,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Again we hear about this crap from the foreign press.

I'm glad that the regressives are waking up, now let's see the mainstream media wake up as well
fox and the new york post have it, all other sources are local only (except daily mail of course).

Quote:
Following the backlash, the DC Court System said that the defense 'relied heavily' on Moody's previously clean rap sheet, and he was provided educational support and community resources.
the shooter had all that before he decided to go on a shooting spree, and it appears not to have helped.

Old Today, 11:13 AM
Status: "Wasting time in the internet. Just like you." (set 3 hours ago)

1,208 posts, read 627,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It's hilarious, progressives bleat on about gun control and want to restrict or ban firearms, targeting the law abiding, then we see progressives judges, district attorneys, and prosecutors turn the individuals that are actually responsible for crime and violence back out on the streets.
I do not find it hilarious at all. I find it maddening.

This isnt a one off time this has happened in a blue city. This has been a trend in blue cities for far too long now.

Criminals with firearms crimes that happen to meet the "social justice" criteria of identity politics are given soft punitive judgements, if given them at all.

They are sometimes not even charged.

When the gun grabbing left starts to take this seriously, then I will treat their other concerns more seriously. Until then, the idiot left needs to be ignored or shutdown.

Old Today, 11:23 AM

43,368 posts, read 18,477,138 times
The outcome of the "defund the police" and "the law is too harsh" agendas that played out.

The left did not want the criminals to go to jail and so they aren't in jail now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies