Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 07:13 PM

17,882 posts, read 7,094,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I don't lose sleep over politics you guys are the ones obsessed with politics.

Seriously how much time do you waste on it?
I’m sure you’ll be sleeping for months or years after Biden gets fired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2024, 07:42 PM

11,439 posts, read 11,162,549 times
Will Biden have two Marines standing behind him and a menacing red light fixed above his podium?

Old 05-15-2024, 07:48 PM

8,489 posts, read 3,039,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Here’s Biden’s video message.

https://x.com/joebiden/status/179071...xQytGPb9_RrX_A

14 seconds long and there’s a half dozen jump cuts.
Are the Dems purposely trying to lose?

Old 05-15-2024, 07:50 PM

38,651 posts, read 22,478,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Dana Bash & Jake Tapper will be the mods for the CNN one
Good grief, two Trump-haters, yeah, that aught to be a fair debate. I'll bet they already went over some debate questions, a month ago.

There is no audience, so Biden won't get distracted from the boos, and Trump cannot play to the audience.

Old 05-15-2024, 07:51 PM

8,489 posts, read 3,039,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Trumps not going to debate him. Let’s be real.
Why not? Why should Trump try to stop Joe from suicide?

Old 05-16-2024, 08:32 AM

17,570 posts, read 9,361,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I would accept MSNBC or CNN moderating a debate if Fox News is allowed to moderate one. That seems fair.
No way — TeamBiden is calling all the shots. That’s not me saying that - It’s Politico.

Playbook: Who took the debate bait?

Biden had a plan to sucker Trump into an early debate to shake up the race. I give the win to Biden on that,” longtime GOP political hand MIKE MURPHY told Playbook. “The bottom line: Two guys in a studio with no audience is the hardest debate, and it’s the most revealing. That’s what Biden wants. And round one, he’s getting it.”

BUT, BUT, BUT: While it may seem like Mr. Art of the Deal got played, we weren’t hearing much remorse from the Republicans we spoke with last night. Far from it.

Trump’s team is projecting confidence and gloating that Biden actually fell into their trap. The former president has been a broken record, insisting he’ll debate Biden “anytime, anywhere, anyplace” and pressuring the president to accept.

Biden’s Rules :

Biden chooses the Moderators - done deal in less than 2 hours, when means it was agreed in advance.
Biden chooses the Venue— NO College Campus, no Audience at all.
Biden chooses that Trumps mic will be off when Biden is speaking. I didn’t find anything about .Biden’s mic.

Interesting that Nate Silver claims the Media will not care about these Debates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
They’ll twist that and say he’s trying to avoid a debate.
C’mon man.
That appears to be the plan. TeamBiden says Biden has to debate in view of his poor polling AND his constant talk of “democracy (very tiny “d”) — so the deck is stacked against Trump and they hope he won’t agree.

Biden and Trump agree to debates. And then debate about more debates.- Politico
The president’s team had wrestled for months as to how to approach the debates. Senior advisers felt that they could not skip them, as the reelection campaign has been positioning itself as the one pushing for democracy and transparency, according to two advisers not authorized to discuss internal conversations. Moreover, it would fuel talk that Biden wasn’t up for the rigors of the job itself.

By jumping out first to frame the stakes of the debate, Biden aides felt that they boxed in Trump: the Republican will either have to agree to terms he does not favor – like debating without an audience – or later pull the plug and look like he is ducking Biden, the advisers said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think Biden wants debates while these bogus court cases hang over Trump's head. If Biden waits until September or October, these cases will be exposed for what they are, and dismissed or made irrelevant.

Plus Trump has gag orders preventing him from saying certain things, Biden knows he can benefit from this by bringing up these things and watch Trump squirm and be unable to comment or defend himself.
That’s all True - I actually believe that Debates should ALWAYS be before Voting starts. The Democrat Party has not agreed with that until now. The Trump Witch Hunts are clearly the reason for early Debates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
It was Donna Brazile acting on her own, not as an employee.
Let’s Review: Donna Brazile WAS an Employee of CNN, that exactly HOW she got the Debate questions before the Debate to pass them unethically to Hillary Clinton. She couldn’t have possibly done that without being a CNN employee. Her relationship with the Democrat Party and Hillary Clinton was well known. CNN is culpable because Brazile was ALLOWED access to the questions. She didn’t break into a Safe to get those questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You can be sure that Trump will threaten to pull out over one thing or another including audience in the next month. Biden should hold firm. These audiences are nothing but a bunch of campaign operatives, donors, and hacks that add nothing.
That is certainly the TeamBiden Plan — I bet it doesn’t work, their big Plans fir “ We got HIM now” have failed.

Old 05-16-2024, 08:47 AM

8,833 posts, read 5,161,393 times
CNN and ABC....that`s going to be fair. Are they going to check old Joe for any devices in his ear.

Old 05-16-2024, 08:54 AM

10,078 posts, read 4,812,893 times
Too many stipulations which in itself shows how worried staffers are about Biden and his capabilities. An audience cheering or booing would throw Biden off script. Everyone thinks he be getting stimulants my guess they'll put him on some kind of steroid or hormone therapy. Either way and 80 year old body can only handle so many chemicals.

They'll also try to gin him up with anger. I've seen dementia patients become sharper when angry, they still get things wrong but they are much sharper in the present. But again can his 80 year old body take that.

Old 05-16-2024, 09:04 AM

53,376 posts, read 35,079,755 times
it's hilarious watching doddering dotard xoe pretend to be a tough guy throwing down the gauntlet to trump, when in reality it was trump who challenged HIM months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
It was Donna Brazile acting on her own, not as an employee.
lol!

Old 05-16-2024, 09:22 AM

38,651 posts, read 22,478,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
This will be fun. I'll have my popcorn ready. Hopefully they don't get questions up front nor will they be allowed to read off teleprompters or note cards....I'm talking to you Biden. And we'll need a non-biased moderator.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ntial-debates/

President Biden said Wednesday that he will not participate in the decades-old tradition of three fall meetings organized by the bipartisan Commission on Presidential Debates, instead calling on his Republican rival Donald Trump to join him for two televised presidential debates in June and September.

Another link:
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-says-hell-debate-trump-twice-make-my-day-2024-05-15/

WASHINGTON, May 15 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden said on Wednesday he is willing to debate Republican presidential rival Donald Trump twice before the Nov. 5 election.
"Donald Trump lost two debates to me in 2020. Since then he hasn't shown up for a debate," Biden said in a video message posted on X. "Now he's acting like he wants to debate me again. Make my day pal. I'll even do it twice."
The Democratic president took a swipe at Trump's legal troubles in the video with an oblique reference to the court schedule in Trump's hush money trial in New York.
There were six edits in Biden's 13 second video to challenged Trump to a debate.

If Biden cannot even issue a challenge to a debate in one cut, then what chance does he have to pull off a live debate? There will not be anyone there to cut, paste and edit for him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXDtDUvWbwI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies