Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM

13,439 posts, read 7,427,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
YTD, DOW up 6%.

Trump years Nov '16 - Nov '20 (even including the CCP Virus Crash), Dow up 55%.

Biden inauguration to date, Dow up 29%.
According to Forbes Trump was only up 28% over of his term not 55%. If your going to post facts back it up with something.

Dow is up 28% under Trump and over the same time frame it was up 62% under Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM

38,243 posts, read 22,292,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So you do admit that food affordability is the worst in 30 years, you just want to spin it, because Biden is in office.

Callous.

Okay, do you agree that home affordability is the worst in 40 years?

Yes, I'm sure you think since Biden is in office it's cool that affording homes and food being the worst in decades is cool. I mean who needs food and shelter?!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/home-...230034360.html

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/mort...ur-dream-home/
Next, do rent.

Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
According to Forbes Trump was only up 28% over of his term not 55%. If your going to post facts back it up with something.

Dow is up 28% under Trump and over the same time frame it was up 62% under Obama.
Trump had three years, and the first year didn't count on many levels, because we all know the first year, for a new president, is still working off the previous president's budget and policies.

Trump's last year doesn't count against him either because COVID saw our mayors and governors take control and agree to completely destroy their economies and lock their citizens in their homes.

You want to compare two years of Trump to the seven years of Obama???

Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM

35,792 posts, read 18,122,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So you do admit that food affordability is the worst in 30 years, you just want to spin it, because Biden is in office.

Callous.

Okay, do you agree that home affordability is the worst in 40 years?

Yes, I'm sure you think since Biden is in office it's cool that affording homes and food being the worst in decades is cool. I mean who needs food and shelter?!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/home-...230034360.html

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/mort...ur-dream-home/
God, this is tiresome.

No, I don't disagree that home affordability is difficult right now. I have 3 sons who are newly married, and would love to buy homes right now. I really hurt for them, and am hoping the housing market turns more favorable.

I am not callous IN THE LEAST.

I'm just recognizing, we don't have to get up every morning and groan and moan that we live a horrible life.

Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
God, this is tiresome.

No, I don't disagree that home affordability is difficult right now. I have 3 sons who are newly married, and would love to buy homes right now. I really hurt for them, and am hoping the housing market turns more favorable.

I am not callous IN THE LEAST.

I'm just recognizing, we don't have to get up every morning and groan and moan that we live a horrible life.
But we can recognize when our economy is getting progressively worse.

We can acknowledge when a president presides over massive inflation, and then he gaslights us by first claiming it does not exist, because Bidenomics has made the best economy ever. Then when he cannot get people to believe that lie, he lies that inflation was 9% when he took office, and he has lowered it to 3%.

Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM

39,124 posts, read 51,378,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
At this point it means zip to most of America. Doesn't help at the gas pump. Doesn't help at the grocery store. It only helps those who are already sitting on easy street.
Yes, the rich made bank. But the market has been good to many more than that. Many 401k plans have doubled in value from the depths of the Trump administration. Those solid corporate profits also have kept the unemployment rate below 4% for the longest period in decades.

Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM

1,057 posts, read 807,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Stock market has been doing great my investments haven't done this good YTD in long time. Can't deny Joe Biden has done a great job boosting the markets.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stock-m...-record-highs/
But you have to give the Dow 40,000 a 20% haircut due to the inflation of the Biden era.

Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM

35,792 posts, read 18,122,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
But we can recognize when our economy is getting progressively worse.

We can acknowledge when a president presides over massive inflation, and then he gaslights us by first claiming it does not exist, because Bidenomics has made the best economy ever. Then when he cannot get people to believe that lie, he lies that inflation was 9% when he took office, and he has lowered it to 3%.
Princess and the pea. I'm done talking about this with you.

Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM

9,568 posts, read 4,386,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
This.
Not.
The DJIA is not doing any better than historical trends would indicate long before the current Idiot-In-Chief was in office. Why is this so hard to understand? Let me help. I'll even use monosyllabic words that you can understand. Ready? Focus. Close your eyes. Think really hard.
The rate at which the DJIA has been increasing over the last 15 years has NOT increased under President Mush Brain. Do you understand? Geebus. I'm starting to think there should be some sort of cognitive dissonance test be administered before people are allowed to vote. This is easy stuff. Seriously.
I have no idea what your cat ownership situation is, but at least part of your username is accurate.

Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM

17,398 posts, read 12,341,105 times
Meanwhile Trump himself considered the stock market a measure of presidential success. Insisted that he did not inherit a glowing economy. Republicans keep pointing out how many middle class folks are invested in the stock market through 401ks. That it’s a grand exercise of capitalism. Except all that goes out the window if it makes a Democrat look good.

Like the march towards debt and inflation wasn’t led by Republicans since Reagan. Same ones that sent our manufacturing overseas. Killed many good union middle class jobs while casting them as the leeches of society rather than the politicians themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies