Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2008, 01:47 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
you can google fetal development and get some facts before equating late term abortion with zygotes, blastocysts and George Bush.
you mean propaganda?

george bush should be before Den Haag as a war criminal.

bottom line: keep your personal religious beliefs out of my life. It's that simple.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:34 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,261,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Holy cow! Is that what you learned in school? That's frightening. Please be from another country and just arrived and are 12 years old...please!
First of all, were you unable to read the moderator's words? NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. Second, the Constititution was not written to give permission to do whatever you want. Even the right to free speech has its limitations. There is absolutely no right to reproduce ... absolutely none whatsoever. Interpreting the Ninth and Tenth Amendments to include procreation (as some people do) is asinine because those two amendments mention nothing about it at all. It has to be specific, otherwise it's not a right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I am pro life. I am also a feminist and...most would say...a liberal.
I'm not surprised at all that you would be pro life and a liberal ... but at least you admit it. Most pro lifers ARE bleeding heart liberals who mask themselves as staunch conservatives, which is a load of nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

A true conservative (in the traditional sense) opposes more government intervention of any kind. Pro lifers are always calling for the gov't to step in and regulate or outlaw abortion. If anybody has any disagreement about the political leanings of this issue, all you have to do is look back at Barry Goldwater ... a man who was dubbed "Mr. Conservative". He voted against practically every spending bill in the Senate, but at the same time he was pro choice. He was even honored by Planned Parenthood for his support.

Quote:
And I spend my life working with and attempting to help children get proper care after they are born. I teach parenting an nutrion to young mothers and spend plenty of money out of my own pocket trying to help those who are having a hard time helping themselves.
How surprising. Many people who describe themselves as liberals want the government to step in and provide all of this. If you're spending your own money and volunteering your time, that's something you should be commended for.

Quote:
I am also for national health care and all the other things you think pro life people are against.
Perhaps you should consider who is going to be PAYING for national health care. It will be you & me ... out of our tax dollars. Personally, I don't want my tax dollars paying for all these breeders who can't keep their legs closed, and weren't responsible enough to at least use some kind of contraception. I still say that those who can't afford every aspect of a child's upbringing entirely on their own have absolutely no business having kids.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:02 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
you mean propaganda?
How is scientific fact propaganda?
george bush should be before Den Haag as a war criminal.
And that has what to do with late term abortion?
bottom line: keep your personal religious beliefs out of my life. It's that simple.
I have no religious beliefs with which to inflict upon you. What I do have is a respect for science, and respect for others. Unless they try to distort fact (late abortions performed on 8 cell fetuses?!) to defend a stance they can't otherwise support.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
No emotional response needed. I've talked with women who have been to abortion clinics that have no sonogram machine. They were told that those aren't needed there.

Pretty sad, don't you think?
Anecdote does not equal data.
Could it be that they were distraught and didn't see one, or were they supposed to have been to a doctor first? If it were PP, they would be required to do so.
This is no proof, it's simply one person's comment.
Again, PP has sonograms.
If abortion was not legal, imagine what the conditions could be like. Imagine the coat hangers used, imagine life before 1973.
Abortion is not going away, whether it is safe for the woman or not is based on it being legal.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:20 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
No emotional response needed. I've talked with women who have been to abortion clinics that have no sonogram machine. They were told that those aren't needed there. Pretty sad, don't you think?
How many of these women have also been abducted by aliens? Ultrasound is routinely available at Planned Parenthood clinics. It is an important tool in prenatal care and also in assuring that IUD's are properly placed within the uterus. If a unit is for whatever reason not operational, or if a woman's pregnancy is too far advanced for the machines they have to analyze properly, a referral to an alternate site is provided. Back-fence gossip and rumor do not much of an argument make...that's the sort of garbage that convinced some people that we needed to invade Iraq...

Old 06-14-2008, 03:26 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
A true conservative (in the traditional sense) opposes

Perhaps you should consider who is going to be PAYING for national health care. It will be you & me ... out of our tax dollars. Personally, I don't want my tax dollars paying for all these breeders who can't keep their legs closed, and weren't responsible enough to at least use some kind of contraception. I still say that those who can't afford every aspect of a child's upbringing entirely on their own have absolutely no business having kids.
You sound very angry and unhappy. I'm really sorry that life has left you feeling so cold and closed off from humanity. It must be terribly lonely. I happen to believe that life is a precious, precious gift and worth much more than my money. I will pray for you and hope that some warmth and joy will enter your life so you will understand its true worth.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Interpreting the Ninth and Tenth Amendments to include procreation (as some people do) is asinine because those two amendments mention nothing about it at all. It has to be specific, otherwise it's not a right.
In that case, there would have been no need to write the Ninth and Tenth Amendments at all. It is perhaps the basic premise of Constitutional law that you may not interpret its words so as to give them no meaning. That is precisely what you have just done.

Quote:
A true conservative (in the traditional sense) opposes more government intervention of any kind.
That would be more the blind and doctrinaire type of conservative from my own sense and experience.

Quote:
Perhaps you should consider who is going to be PAYING for national health care. It will be you & me ... out of our tax dollars.
Just to get this straight one more time: We all pay for everything, and we are all the beneficiaries of everything. There is nobody else here but us.

Some things are done more efficiently for us via the private sector, some are done more efficiently for us via the public sector. At the moment, the private sector is providing us with perhaps the least effective and least efficient health care system in the developed world. To many people, that is not an acceptable level of performance...

Old 06-14-2008, 03:57 PM

Not just the developed world, either.
Personally, I get my medical care in Thailand. It's cheap, clean and world class.

Old 06-14-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not just the developed world, either. Personally, I get my medical care in Thailand. It's cheap, clean and world class.
You are not alone in having come to this realization. Medical tourism has become a booming industry. Each year hundreds of thousands leave these shores to obtain the competent and affordable medical care that is available in other lands. Thailand is a frequent destination...

Old 06-15-2008, 01:57 AM

It is, also they're no. 1 in the world for sex-reassignment surgery. To me, with the detail required, it means that they're adept at all surgery requirements/needs.

It's cheaper for me to fly from where I currently live (or from the US), get all my work done and have a nice holiday along with it. All for less than 1/2 the work would cost in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies