Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2008, 06:05 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times

Advertisements

But you have pharmacists who won't dispense it based on their "religious" beliefs.
You have people, including people on this thread, who want women to be breeding stock.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:10 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
No, I don't believe that you do follow your own advice. Particularily when you say "assure that access to honest information is maintained", may I ask what is honest about calling a fetus anything but a fetus? What is honest about using analogies as far flung from the truth as invaders and bunions? There is no honesty in that. What there is, is an attempt to seperate the truth from the procedure. It is/was a fetus. It did have potential. It was unique. It was alive (in a very real way, not in a hemorhoid way) and now it is dead. That is honest. And that you have yet to be.

Not all Christians agree that a fetus is 'alive'.

The seminary that I attended taught / teaches that soul-life begins with breath. They teach this because such is the Bible's definition of soul-life.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:44 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
But you have pharmacists who won't dispense it based on their "religious" beliefs.
You have people, including people on this thread, who want women to be breeding stock.
I know you didn't mean the 'you' in your response personally --- as I have no power over anyone.

As to pharmacists.....well, if they are not the only pharmacy in town, and if it is their own pharmacy (not a Walgreens, in other words) they can do as they please, whether you or I agree with it or not.

And women as breeding stock......I honestly do not get that from anyone on these threads. Or if someone said it, it isn't coming to mind straightaway.

I do think it is fair to say that there have been people that have posted that believe in complete illegalization of abortion, regardless of circumstances. I also think that there are posters that believe abortion should be legal up to the minute of giving birth on healthy fetuses. I do think that those are extremists and do not represent the majority, on these boards or in real life.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:45 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

The seminary that I attended taught / teaches that soul-life begins with breath. They teach this because such is the Bible's definition of soul-life.
I am not a christian, or religous and my arguments have nothing to do with religion or christ.
Whether or not a fetus has a soul is as irrelevant to me as the question of whether or not I have a soul.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:39 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I also think that there are posters that believe abortion should be legal up to the minute of giving birth on healthy fetuses. I do think that those are extremists and do not represent the majority, on these boards or in real life.
I don't have too much more to say on this topic, this thread has gotten super long! But I do agree about that much, that would skeeve me out just a little if I waited until say 8 or 9 months before having an abortion. I don't think that's what most people are arguing though, this thread has moved away from that & onto abortion just in general.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:25 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,159 times
Did this thread just go full circle and turn really civil all of a sudden? What happened?

Old 06-30-2008, 04:07 AM

630 posts, read 1,294,521 times
Quote:
ok so if you believe that we have people on this thread who want women to be breeding stock please declare who that is or take back your statement.

also who are these religious pharmacists you speak of. I personally would like to know. that is illegal you know for pharmacists to refuse someone their right to purchase something they have a choice to buy legally. I think I know where your going with this as well. Let me guess you think that all the religious pharmacists in the world are denying all women in the world their birth control and therefore causing the women( who have the choice to engage in sex with a man) to get pregnant therefore allowing no other way out of pregnancy other than abortion. right?? I think I nailed it on the head. Please don't even bother going there. Try to maintain your dignity and refrain from using your keyboard now. haha

Last edited by okie333; 06-30-2008 at 05:08 AM..

Old 06-30-2008, 04:45 AM

Quote:
We wouldn't know that, now would we?
Because a fetus isn't developed enough to think and feel until the point of viability.
It doesn't matter if the fetus can't feel or think for themself yet, it doesn't mean its not the earliest stage of a human life being developed. So i guess you are saying that humans do not need to go through this stage of life to be considered a living being. Well i guess that includes retarded and paralized people who also cannot think and feel for themself. right??? I guess they are not worthy of their own life either right. Maybe we should choose for them if they should live or not.

It is science and that you cannot erase. it is a stage a human life goes through to fully develope and become dependant of his/her mother for life. Just because a human being is being developed inside a woman's womb and is hidden from your eyes does not make them unreal.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

we are not going to bring religion into this scientific topic. religion and the bible have nothing to do with this topic. And everyone has their own outlook and interpretation of the bible and version of christianity.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:57 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Well whether you wish to bring religion into it or not, still many Christians do define 'life' by breathing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies