Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 12:47 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Well whether you wish to bring religion into it or not, still many Christians do define 'life' by breathing.
And many christians define the age of the Earth as 4000 years old. Doesn't make it so....

Old 06-30-2008, 02:14 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post

If you want to argue some case for fetal rights, you will have to establish first the means by which a fetus gains the right -- denied to all others -- to invade, occupy, and enslave the established personal domains of other fully qualified individuals. You do not have a case that will establish that argument.
You are actually claiming that a baby invades, occupies and enslaves a personal domain of a woman...that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. First off, the baby doesn't just show up...the actions of the woman facilitate the creation of the baby...and a woman's body is not a domain. Looks like more of the "a baby is a parasite" argument to me and further shows your view of humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Meanwhile, unless you mean to compel each and every woman to bear all of the 20-25 children that she could conceivably bear over a reproductive lifetime, some means of selection between the available candidates will be called for. In considering such a means, into whose hands would you place the primary decision-making powers?
And now you claim that all women would have 20-25 children in their lifetime...

Old 06-30-2008, 06:04 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
men have no choice in this matter. yes, they can choose to use a condom. but once they get a girl pregnant, the time for choice ends. then it's ALL about the womans right. men should have the RIGHT to walk away from a pregnancy too with no financial obligation. because whether or not you wish to believe it, there are deceptive women out there just looking to get knocked up and lie about taking birth control. that can ruin a mans life.
Men do have a RIGHT to walk away from a pregnancy with no financial obligation. It's called CELIBACY, and it really works!

Old 06-30-2008, 06:07 PM

In case noone already mentioned it in this thread, regular birth control pills can be used as emergency contraceptives when the first dose is administered within 120 hours after sex. A second dose is required. Contact planned parenthood for a list of which brands can be used or google "birth control pills" + "emergency contraception"

Old 07-01-2008, 04:19 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Here’s a link to a google search on pro-life people who refuse to dispense birth-control or morning after pills.. Pick any of the articles, they all say the same thing.

pharmacists refusing sell birth control - Google Search

No need for any response Okie, I won't be seeing it.

When people, and I do believe that one or more may have posted on this thread or one of the other 1/2 dozen reproductive rights threads don't believe in birth control or abortion, I definitely see brood mare status for women. I find it amazingly controlling. I also find it more interesting that most of the people who support no repro choices for women are men.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:56 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
Just because there are a few people on the fringe who won't sell birth control doesn't mean people who are against late-term abortion want women to be breeders.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-01-2008 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 07-01-2008, 08:33 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

When people, and I do believe that one or more may have posted on this thread or one of the other 1/2 dozen reproductive rights threads don't believe in birth control or abortion, I definitely see brood mare status for women. I find it amazingly controlling. I also find it more interesting that most of the people who support no repro choices for women are men.
On that you and I agree......whenever there is subjegation of women by withholding the ability to use birth control it is usually done by men and religion.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Any man who is against a woman's right to chose should be required to get a vasectomy....and I bet there's plenty who haven't ...how irresponsible !!!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:35 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
Mini-Triumph.

It's not a parasite or a worm. It's not a blob.

Court affirms law calling unborn 'living human beings'

"...A federal court ruled against Planned Parenthood and rejected an injunction against a state law requiring doctors to tell women seeking abortions that they may face serious medical conditions and will "terminate the life of a whole, separate, unique, living human being."..."

It looks like this:

Old 07-01-2008, 06:50 PM

Why don't you take your concern and channel it into STD/AIDS prevention, sex ed in middle and high schools, free condom distribution/education, and advocating for the availability of Emergency Contraception? If you care so much, that would make a bigger difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies