Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 03:20 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Depends on what part of America you are in, doesn't it? Sounds like lots of towns I know, IN America!!
Well everything has changed since the advent of government funded public schools here in the US.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
It is not a minor thing though, murder is a major issue.
Yes, lets make this a religous arguement.

Good job.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:37 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
The day bacteria has a brain, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, stomach, a face, fingerprints, feet, knees, sexual organs and unique human dna plus the ability to grow into an adult human is the day your argument is anything but a pathetic ploy to dehumanize a fetus.

Please tell me that my twenty week fetus that I delivered in a maternity ward (not the dentists office) was bacteria.........
The day that a fetus is viable is the day that I'll agree with you.
It's not your choice what other want to do with their own bodies.
Do what you want with yours, but leave the rest of the world alone.

Your argument that a zygote is a human is as absurd as what you call absurd.
Believe what you want, live your life by your beliefs, but grant the same respect to others.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:45 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The day that a fetus is viable is the day that I'll agree with you.
It's not your choice what other want to do with their own bodies.
Do what you want with yours, but leave the rest of the world alone.

Your argument that a zygote is a human is as absurd as what you call absurd.
Believe what you want, live your life by your beliefs, but grant the same respect to others.
Yes, a zygote has the potential to be human, more so then a hangnail --- and I'm certain you will agree with that.
However, when talking about abortion you do not see me arguing for full human rights for a zygote nor do you see me worried about pain a zygote could feel nor do you see me talking about a zygotes head, arms, etc....

What you do see me doing (and many many others who disagree with abortion) is to say if it is going to be done, the earlier the better. Better the zygote then the 7 week fetus. Better the 7 week fetus then the 12 week fetus. Better the second trimester abortions happen not at all. That hardly is a draconian view. Why you want to put me in such a small pigeon hole, I don't know.

I will say that trying to pretend a 12 week fetus is exactly the same as an anal polyp is absurd. And you know that as well, even if it doesn't benefit your 'side' to this issue to admit it.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:45 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleer View Post
It makes more sense for women to get fixed.
Ever try to get sterilized as a woman?
Didn’t think so, they usually don’t ALLOW it unless a woman has at least 2 children.
They think women might change their minds, what happens once a woman has a child and then changes her mind.
Might want to look at a little bit of reality here.
_________
camping!
Then if you were going to abort, then go by your rules.
Leave other people out of your set of rules.
What they do is none of your business.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:54 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Yes, lets make this a religous arguement.

Good job.
I didn't even mention religion once in this thread.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I didn't even mention religion once in this thread.
You stated your religious belief that killing a fetus to be 'murder'.

That is your religion, which you are attempting to force onto others.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:01 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,521,746 times
So in the interest of reducing second trimester abortions, first trimesters should be readily available on demand without restrictions upon insurance coverage or federal medical benefits, as should emergency contraceptives.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:36 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I am with you on this........while I do think that abortion at any stage is an ending of a life -- a human one no less, I do understand that abortion can never be eradicated. It is here and here it will stay. My position is that the early done the more humane the procedure is for both fetus and mother.
But it does annoy me to no end when prochoicers use insulting dogma "its just like my toenail" to make a point. Its fallacy, its hyperbole and frankly, its just plain idiotic.
Believe me when I say, they may say that now, but when they get older, there is guilt...we think so differently when we're young....we do what is most convenient for us...all in the name of fun..excitement, fulfillment...but as we age...we realize, and our priorities change...and life becomes so valuable...so intricate, and an understanding develops...that said, don't judge...be patient if you can, it is not ours to bear...but I know your pain for those babies.

Hugs
Creme

Old 07-02-2008, 06:17 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Believe me when I say, they may say that now, but when they get older, there is guilt...we think so differently when we're young....we do what is most convenient for us...all in the name of fun..excitement, fulfillment...but as we age...we realize, and our priorities change...and life becomes so valuable...so intricate, and an understanding develops...that said, don't judge...be patient if you can, it is not ours to bear...but I know your pain for those babies.

Hugs
Creme
I understand the potential for regret.....I am not trying to make anyone feel badly, but at the same time it does offend me to my core knowing, holding and giving birth to my 'polyp', it is just painful to have her life reduce to a hangnail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies