Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 01:27 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,510,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
So in the interest of reducing second trimester abortions, first trimesters should be readily available on demand without restrictions upon insurance coverage or federal medical benefits, as should emergency contraceptives.
Can we make this a poll? I don't know how.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:29 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,862,563 times
I really don't think abortion is neither wrong, illegal, or disgusting.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:11 PM

37,328 posts, read 61,146,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I really don't think abortion is neither wrong, illegal, or disgusting.
I agree.

I do not see it as 'wrong' in the sense like it is a sin or anything. Since the Bible has such a clear stance on the topic. However to be considered a normal daily part of life, does imply a promiscuous lifestyle; which I do feel is 'wrong'.

Abortion is not illegal in most nations of the planet.

And I fail to see where it is any more [or less] disgusting than any other operation.

If a lady is mature enough to be able to make the decision; Can I raise this future child and give it the love and support that it will need? Or would it be wiser to abort? This takes a very mature person to honestly carry that debate.

Does our culture truly need more single moms? I think not.

Do we need more children addicted to drugs? My DW and I adopted such a child. A wonderful man he has turned out to be, though he will forever be a drain on society.

A lady should be able to assess herself and her life; is she at the appropriate place to raise a child?

If the answer is 'no'; then perhaps an abortion is the right answer for her.

We should not be placing blame, or hatred, or 'moral' disgust onto her; for her decision.

Repeating the mantra that she will be ashamed years later, is really just trying to convince folks of such. A 'guilty trip' of sorts.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I agree.

I do not see it as 'wrong' in the sense like it is a sin or anything. Since the Bible has such a clear stance on the topic. However to be considered a normal daily part of life, does imply a promiscuous lifestyle; which I do feel is 'wrong'.

Abortion is not illegal in most nations of the planet.

And I fail to see where it is any more [or less] disgusting than any other operation.

If a lady is mature enough to be able to make the decision; Can I raise this future child and give it the love and support that it will need? Or would it be wiser to abort? This takes a very mature person to honestly carry that debate.

Does our culture truly need more single moms? I think not.

Do we need more children addicted to drugs? My DW and I adopted such a child. A wonderful man he has turned out to be, though he will forever be a drain on society.

A lady should be able to assess herself and her life; is she at the appropriate place to raise a child?

If the answer is 'no'; then perhaps an abortion is the right answer for her.

We should not be placing blame, or hatred, or 'moral' disgust onto her; for her decision.

Repeating the mantra that she will be ashamed years later, is really just trying to convince folks of such. A 'guilty trip' of sorts.
You know, you are so right. People are just having kids just because. Women who want kids and refuse to have an abortion are very, very bad. I don't find those kinds of women attractive. Childfree women are more attractive and intelligent.

We're suffering from overpopulation and still, people continues to pollute the world with more. That's not good. Its better if more people my age stopped having kids, that way my dating chances would be open..

Old 07-03-2008, 03:03 PM

37,328 posts, read 61,146,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
You know, you are so right. People are just having kids just because. Women who want kids and refuse to have an abortion are very, very bad. I don't find those kinds of women attractive. Childfree women are more attractive and intelligent.

We're suffering from overpopulation and still, people continues to pollute the world with more. That's not good. Its better if more people my age stopped having kids, that way my dating chances would be open..

Woman should be allowed the choice to decide for themselves if and when they are ready to become mothers.

I do not see anyone as being 'bad', for wanting to be able to make intelligent and informed decisions about their life.

What I do see as 'bad' is tyranny. And anyone who tries to control others, whether it be by making non-sense laws, or by guilt trips, is attempting to be a tyrant.

I have no idea of what you are 'suffering' from. If you insist that you are suffering from 'over-population' fine. I am not aware that you personally are suffering from such a thing.

Cities draw people, and those cities then may become densely populated. Are cities becoming 'over-populated'? I don't know.

If your city is too big then why did you move there?

Where I live, we have about 8 people per square mile, and 50 deer are harvested from my township each year [according to the US census and the state's fish and game department].

Old 07-03-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Woman should be allowed the choice to decide for themselves if and when they are ready to become mothers.

I do not see anyone as being 'bad', for wanting to be able to make intelligent and informed decisions about their life.

What I do see as 'bad' is tyranny. And anyone who tries to control others, whether it be by making non-sense laws, or by guilt trips, is attempting to be a tyrant.

I have no idea of what you are 'suffering' from. If you insist that you are suffering from 'over-population' fine. I am not aware that you personally are suffering from such a thing.

Cities draw people, and those cities then may become densely populated. Are cities becoming 'over-populated'? I don't know.

If your city is too big then why did you move there?

Where I live, we have about 8 people per square mile, and 50 deer are harvested from my township each year [according to the US census and the state's fish and game department].
Yes, like Los Angeles for example. I don't think anyone should have kids there.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,234,743 times
I'm in the vast minority here, I believe that people shouldn't breed. It's a personal opinion, I don't care to have anyone enforce it. It is nothing but my personal opinion.
_________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Believe me when I say, they may say that now, but when they get older, there is guilt...we think so differently when we're young....we do what is most convenient for us...all in the name of fun..excitement, fulfillment...but as we age...we realize, and our priorities change...and life becomes so valuable...so intricate, and an understanding develops...that said, don't judge...be patient if you can, it is not ours to bear...but I know your pain for those babies.
This is your thinking, not everyone's. So please speak for yourself not others.
I'm Not Sorry.net: Celebrating The Right To Choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I understand the potential for regret.....I am not trying to make anyone feel badly, but at the same time it does offend me to my core knowing, holding and giving birth to my 'polyp', it is just painful to have her life reduce to a hangnail.
But it’s you who chooses to make all of this personal. It’s not. I think you are losing sight of the big picture.
For you and others who have miscarried, it’s very difficult, but it happens to millions of people per year. Millions.
Your emotional turmoil is not a reason to judge everyone else in the world.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:30 PM

28,883 posts, read 30,177,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ever try to get sterilized as a woman?
Didn’t think so, they usually don’t ALLOW it unless a woman has at least 2 children.
They think women might change their minds, what happens once a woman has a child and then changes her mind.
Might want to look at a little bit of reality here.
_________
camping!
Then if you were going to abort, then go by your rules.
Leave other people out of your set of rules.
What they do is none of your business.
I'm sorry, that is an excuse...there are more and more women/teenage mothers, getting pregnant that should not. As I stated before, if people used their minds and used protection, we wouldn't be having this conversation..

Old 07-03-2008, 03:33 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,234,743 times
What's an excuse?
ABORTION IS LEGAL IN THE US. It is the law of the land.

Abortion will always be necessary in this world; your opinion will not change that fact.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:34 PM

I agree with ya. I also believe that young people who are childless should stay that way forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm in the vast minority here, I believe that people shouldn't breed. It's a personal opinion, I don't care to have anyone enforce it. It is nothing but my personal opinion.
_________

This is your thinking, not everyone's. So please speak for yourself not others.
I'm Not Sorry.net: Celebrating The Right To Choose

But it’s you who chooses to make all of this personal. It’s not. I think you are losing sight of the big picture.
For you and others who have miscarried, it’s very difficult, but it happens to millions of people per year. Millions.
Your emotional turmoil is not a reason to judge everyone else in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies