Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 06:05 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times

Advertisements

Given that white is just a color and indicate nothing more important than how much pigment one has in their skin, why would anyone care what happened to the "white race." Biologically there isn't such a thing.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:15 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Multiculturalism is good for everyone. I hope one day we will all be so "mixed" race-wise that it will no longer mean anything.

There are far too many reasons for people to be intolerant in this world without adding up something as ludicrous as race to the mix.

Nature favours cross breeding and it is good for the human race genetically and sociologically to expand our horizons a bit.

I could not care less if the "white" race disappears or any other race for that matter , as long as humanity evolves into something a bit less prejudiced and narrow minded. A mixed society seems pretty much like an ideal world to me and an evolution rather than regression.

Why are people so bothered about other people's skin colour or ethnic background ? I do not get it.
My race is an accident of birth. As is my Nationality.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:16 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Sorry my example was a bad one it was late, I was tired.....nonetheless generalizations such as all reps are racists are not only not true, but they are as bad for our country as racist generalizations i.e. all blacks are poor, all whites are racists, all mexicans are illegal....and they don't reflect well on the person saying them.
All republicans are not racist Happ, regardless of bush or cheney (and I've yet to see evidence of their racism...stupidity and general douchebaggery - yes but not racism). If people are still so enamored with blue state/red state nonsense change not only will never happen, but perhaps we don't deserve it.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I figure learning to understand another culture will help people understand their own. I do not see how understand anything is a bad thing unless it undermines a parent's ability to control what their kids learn so the kids grow up as bigoted as them. Then multiculturalism is a bad thing for the parents but not for the children or the society.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:51 AM

208 posts, read 412,203 times
I see multi-culturalism as dangerous for white kids.

But before I explain my position, it appears multi-culturalims means different things to different people.

Some think it means eating ethnic food whereas others think it means speaking a second language.

Multi-cultralism is ethnic evangelism of failed third world culture to white kids while feeding them the idea that Western Civilization (European) culture is evil and oppressive.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:56 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Somehow I knew that was what you meant...

Old 06-11-2008, 07:58 AM

White kids are biologically different from black kids.

Black kids are biologically different from Asian kids.

Etc.

You can look at a picture of a child from Mongolia and see that that child is different from a black child in Mozambique.

Different ethnic groups respond differently to various diseases.

For instance, Osteoporosis affects mostly white and asian females.

Different ethnic groups have different aptitudes. If we were all the same then the entire world would look like one culture. Africa would have engineered rockets, cars and jets as would every genetic group but that's never happened.

There are actually weapons designed to target ethnic groups - they exist. China has them. Israel has them. So to say were just different skin colors is either pandering or dishonesty. Our builds, iqs and facial features are different.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:04 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,613,580 times
No, I don't think exposure to other races is "dangerous" for white folk. If for anything, it's minorities that will feel the impact of a caucasion-less world.

While I don't agree with the latent racism of the likes of Stone and SenatorP, I can't help but snicker at the subtle racism of those on the other side of the aisle who feel as though people of color need white societies to function. No one seems to be all to concerned about Africans expsoure to Mexicans or China not having enough Irish. Why is that?

If white people suck so badly, why has not a single person in this thread put their money were their mouth is and move to a non-white nation?

Seriously, I would sooooo live in China if it was democratic. I guess it would be kinda funny having a caramel kid from NY strutting around.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:05 AM

I live in the fastest growing county in terms of diversity and third world immigrants pouring in. How does it benefit me or my neighbors white kids?

Am I supposed to be excited by their ...

Drugs, thugs, street gangs, graffitis, rapes, robberies, cop killings, hateful glares, home invasions and people yabbering in their language doesn't improve quality of life. Crowded ER Rooms and dirty, roach infested restaurants where washing hands is considered unmacho?

?

Old 06-11-2008, 08:11 AM

Why Multi-Culturalims is Dangerous for White Kids ...

Teaching white kids about some giant misquito in Africa versus hard science as brought to you by European peoples - which will get them farther in life?

How about ...

Refusing to teach white kids about how their ancestors developed modern medicine, cars, planes, trains and automobiles and computers and about space travel and instead teaching them how freaking awesome Jamaica is?

Black kids want to hear about black accomplishments and the black perspective as do most other ethnic group. And that's fine.

So why should white children not be taught about the Renaissance, European Art, George Washington and the Apollo Missions but instead should be taught how freaking awesome Trinidad and Tobogo is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies