Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:13 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

No one has denied that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 05:55 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Frank, don't confuse the emotional with reality.

What is up with this personal attack?

Many of the scientists involved in Unit 731 went on to prominent careers in post-war politics, academia, business, and medicine. Some were arrested by Soviet forces and tried at the Khabarovsk War Crime Trials; others, who surrendered to the Americans, were granted amnesty in exchange for access to the data collected by them.[5]
Because of their brutality, Unit 731's actions have now been declared by the United Nations to have been crimes against humanity.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:07 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times
There is plenty of documented evidence to support the Japanese's did indeed conduct systematic and pervasive atrocities, war crimes,, hate crimes, and generally bad behavior.

Nothing, I repeat nothing that a few, I said a few, American soldiers in Iraq have done can compare with the LEVEL of the Japanese's.

There is plenty of historical evidence from first hand accounts to actual photographs and testimonial of Japanese soldiers.

But I realize this doenst exactly sit well with the America hate it or leave it crowd..................so said.

Any body been to an airport lately?????????????????

Old 07-26-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
There is plenty of documented evidence to support the Japanese's did indeed conduct systematic and pervasive atrocities, war crimes,, hate crimes, and generally bad behavior.

Nothing, I repeat nothing that a few, I said a few, American soldiers in Iraq have done can compare with the LEVEL of the Japanese's.

There is plenty of historical evidence from first hand accounts to actual photographs and testimonial of Japanese soldiers.

But I realize this doenst exactly sit well with the America hate it or leave it crowd..................so said.

Any body been to an airport lately?????????????????
But now people are calling the documents "doctored". There are affirmative steps being taken by Japan to deny.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:34 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
But now people are calling the documents "doctored". There are affirmative steps being taken by Japan to deny.
Yes and the same mind set that the Holocaust didnt occur.

Hell MY dad saw what the germans did to the Jews and others at Bergan Belsun.

But this is about the Japs not the Krauts isnt it............

Tell me, how does putting dirty underwear on the head of a man equate to the systematic extermination of 6 (six) million Jews.................
Only a fat head denialist could call them both equal as war crimes.

Lindy English and other got their trial and conviction.
Adoplh Hitler and others got their Trials and Executions..(and yes I am fully aware that Hitler wasnt Tired)

Old 07-26-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Yes and the same mind set that the Holocaust didnt occur.

Hell MY dad saw what the germans did to the Jews and others at Bergan Belsun.

But this is about the Japs not the Krauts isnt it............

Tell me, how does putting dirty underwear on the head of a man equate to the systematic extermination of 6 (six) million Jews.................
Only a fat head denialist could call them both equal as war crimes.

Lindy English and other got their trial and conviction.
Adoplh Hitler and others got their Trials and Executions..(and yes I am fully aware that Hitler wasnt Tired)
Perhaps someone can start a GWB war crimes museum and put the underwear on display so the world will never forget.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:50 AM

994 posts, read 1,544,575 times
Quote:
Perhaps someone can start a GWB war crimes museum and put the underwear on display so the world will never forget.
Let's not forget Italy's war crimes...

Petition For Vatican Apology for Complicity in Italy's Ethiopian Genocide (1935-1941) of 1 million killed with Yperite (Mustard Gas)

“A mechanism spraying yperite liquid was installed in the aircraft and it was arranged that a fine rain bringing death should descend over vast tracts of country. At one time, nine, fifteen or eighteen Italian aeroplanes were going to and fro bringing down an unceasing rain of yperite. From the end of January 1936 onwards, this death-dealing rain descended uninterruptedly upon our soldiers, upon women, children, cattle, streams, stagnant waters as well as pastures. The Italian army commander made the aeroplanes repeat this work of theirs, in order to extinguish completely all living creatures and to turn into poison the waters and grazing grounds."

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/vatican-apology-for-ethiopian-holocaust.html

http://www.rootsinternational.net/ethiopianholocaust.html
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 07-26-2008, 12:00 PM

994 posts, read 1,544,575 times
And let's not forget our own atrocities in Vietnam. Returning soldiers said that there were 'countless My Lai's. Hugh Thompson, returning hero, said that many victims at My Lai were not screaming because their 'tounges had been cut out'.

YouTube - Soundbite Central: Hugh Thompson on HardTalk

Old 07-26-2008, 12:09 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
I just discovered an attack on Iris Chang's book The Rape Of Nanking saying that her photos were "doctored".

There is a palpable hatred of China.

Japan is denying.

Our dear Chielgirl is equating Abu Ghraib to what the Japanese are accused of doing.

Witnesses will all be gone in a few years. When that happens, the wounds will NEVER heal.

Disclosure: I am an American born Chinese who was married to an American born Japanese.

Lots of survivors with horror stories of what the Japanese have done to them not just American POWs but other groups.
What was done to these men was a horror.

However after we dropped the bomb we were in no rush to prosecute and now you can make an argument of who was worse and things become complicated but yes horrors were committed on American POWs

Old 07-26-2008, 12:12 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
There was a great movie by Nick Nolte forgot the name it was an different type of movie .
That he was a "king" who lived in an island in had to do with Japanese .
If anyone recalls it if you could tell me that would be great as would like to rent it again.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies