Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 10:24 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times

Advertisements

Yes, we have our problems but to all of the "blame America firsters" out there who think that the whole country is full of bigots and that we should strive to be "tolerant" like Europe, please watch this video. It's really eye opening. This crap would NEVER happen in this country today. NEVER!!!

YouTube - European Racism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 10:31 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
There is racism everywhere, your point?

And do not give me that line of "it would never happen here". America has a very vile and stained past when it comes to racism.

You pick one stupid thing and magically say "never here today!" Ignoring the years past.

Plus, how does it bother you? It is their country, if they want to do it that is their business, no one elses.

Its not like people are just so perfect in Africa, they have many that have an outright hatred of others, not only by race but by culture also.

And for being so hostile, Europe still remains more diverse than any area in the world, so it must not be too bad if people are still flocking to and risking their lives to get to Europe.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
There is racism everywhere, your point?

And do not give me that line of "it would never happen here". America has a very vile and stained past when it comes to racism.

You pick one stupid thing and magically say "never here today!" Ignoring the years past.

Plus, how does it bother you? It is their country, if they want to do it that is their business, no one elses.

Its not like people are just so perfect in Africa, they have many that have an outright hatred of others, not only by race but by culture also.

And for being so hostile, Europe still remains more diverse than any area in the world, so it must not be too bad if people are still flocking to and risking their lives to get to Europe.
It's a 10 minute video and you replied 6 minutes after I posted it. Pathetic.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:46 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Absolutely I think America is racist. It's not only racist, it's xenophobic, intolerant, vile, sexist, bigoted, evil, and just plain reprehensible. It also seems to have a particular hatred for Hispanics, and won't let them come here legally. It not only invaded Iraq, it's now causing the Iraqis to turn on EACH OTHER.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised anybody would want to come here at all. Just about any place on earth MUST be better than this. In fact, I don't think it's too big stretch to say America "really ought to be ASHAMED of itself".....and apparently, a large number of us ARE...and, of course, often, the rest of the world agrees. In fact, even Cuba, North Korea, and Libya, (not exactly 'paradises' themselves) recognize how bad America is. It would be wise for us to heed their criticism. They have much to say.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:50 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,608 times
Shame on people who think like you.

We have a way to go, but we've come a long way already.

And our "stained past" should be contrasted with our present, which certainly doesn't warrant a sentiment like that.

"...Just about any place on earth MUST be better than this. In fact, I don't think it's too big stretch to say America "really ought to be ASHAMED of itself"

Well shame on you; and people who think that way.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Absolutely I think America is racist. It's not only racist, it's xenophobic, intolerant, vile, sexist, bigoted, evil, and just plain reprehensible. It also seems to have a particular hatred for Hispanics, and won't let them come here legally. It not only invaded Iraq, it's now causing the Iraqis to turn on EACH OTHER.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised anybody would want to come here at all. Just about any place on earth MUST be better than this. In fact, I don't think it's too big stretch to say America "really ought to be ASHAMED of itself".....and apparently, a large number of us ARE...and, of course, often, the rest of the world agrees. In fact, even Cuba, North Korea, and Libya, (not exactly 'paradises' themselves) recognize how bad America is. It would be wise for us to heed their criticism. They have much to say.
You do realize that a lot of people are nodding their head in agreement while reading your post not realizing that your being sarcastic. Did you see the video, btw? A disgrace and heartbreaking.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post

And our "stained past" should be contrasted with our present, which certainly doesn't warrant a sentiment like that.

"...Just about any place on earth MUST be better than this. In fact, I don't think it's too big stretch to say America "really ought to be ASHAMED of itself"

His post is just as racist as the video. He's actually condoning their behavior. Troll, in my opinion. Did you watch the video? Sickening.

Your combining two different posters comments. The 1st guy is a racist troll. Macmeal was mocking him, being tongue in cheek.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
You do realize that a lot of people are nodding their head in agreement while reading your post not realizing that your being sarcastic. Did you see the video, btw? A disgrace and heartbreaking.
Did not see it, as I have a very 'shaky' track record of opening 'links'....and my computer often seizes up.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post

I agree. I HATE myself. I'm thinking of moving to Iran next month. I'm just sick of all this intolerance, and anxious for a 'fresh start"....didn't mean to annoy you, though. I'm sure you're tolerant of MOST people, if not me...

Old 06-14-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I agree. I HATE myself. I'm thinking of moving to Iran next month. I'm just sick of all this intolerance, and anxious for a 'fresh start"....didn't mean to annoy you, though. I'm sure you're tolerant of MOST people, if not me...
MM,
I've got to be honest. You don't do the best job of letting people know that you're being sarcastic. It's not clear in your posts at all. Maybe this would help articulate your true beliefs. Just a suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies