Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 01:31 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Is that a threat? Consider yourself reported.
Before I had lived on the left coast, I'd have taken offense to that. However, now I know, it's just your culture of PC that makes you group anything contrary to your opinion as some sort of personal violation.

No, it wasn't a threat. It was an expression of hope that you suffer what ever mis-deeds you tolerate around you. That's different than a threat in the rest of America. It's a statement "I hope you get what you deserve" whereas a threat is "I'm going to do something to you."

Is this your first interacting with an outlander?

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Why didn't one of them get a tire iron from their car, a baseball bat, a rock anything! One jump on the guys back while the others grabbed the baby? Lots and lots of solutions were available to those 'witnesses' that went beyond 'feeling bad and impotent'.
Have we as a nation turned into a country of neutered males? Again I ask.....wtf?!
It's the West coast. What else are they going to do? The average person there carries this belief that violence is wrong. They think there's a way to talk everything out. When you can't talk it out, they do some weird psychological thing. (It's like they ignore a part of reality in order to maintain their belief that some sort of pure harmony can be had. They're nuts!) When the occasion for violence arises, they're dumbfounded because they've been bred to reject violence.

That is Cowardfornia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 04:04 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
It's CA, what do you expect?

They tried to stop him? What in God's name does it take to stop someone? And what do they do? Justify the idiocy of bystanders that allowed it to happen.

I guarantee they're all at home tonight talking about how "powerless" they were. Cowards.

That state is a national embarrassment. What a culture.
Excuse me???? I'm sorry, but you are an embarrassment for talking about your fellow Americans in such a manner... this happened about 1 hour from me, and I ABSOLUTELY would've done anything in my power to stop it. We're not heartless, at least no more than anyone else in this country. Have you been watching too much FOX news or what?

Old 06-17-2008, 04:10 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
i think i fear one thousand as much as i fear the nut that did this to an innocent baby. living in cali does not make one a coward or non violent.

at this point i think you are just trying to get people riled up. its sad that instead of focusing on the real problem of child abuse you make it into a irrelevant royal proclamation about a whole national region.

you sound immature for that one.

what ever happened to you while you spent some time on the "left coast", just let it go and heal your self. stop making assumptions about a whole region. its ridiculous.

you sound very bitter, sad and alone.

i pray for you brother.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:32 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
. Have you been watching too much FOX news or what?
What in the hell does Fox News and it's millions of viewers have to do with anything posted on this thread?

Surely you're not going to politicize this horrible crime, are you?

Old 06-17-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Let's think of all the babies blown apart in Iraq....have you tried to help them?
Oh, please. Can't we leave the f'g partisan politics out of ANYTHING?

Old 06-17-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
.....Have we as a nation turned into a country of neutered males?
I wonder the same thing at times. I only hope that none of the bystanders were able bodied males.

If they were, how could they live with the shame of cowardice?

Old 06-17-2008, 04:42 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
One of the stories I have heard is that the baby was so maimed by the time someone drove by, that they thought he was beating a dead animal.

Once they noticed it was a child, then they tried to stop the guy but it was too late.
This could have happened to any of you, it does not mean you are a coward.

All I gotta say is that with all of this slinging insults of cowardliness around, next time one of you "Eagle Eye Tough Guys" sees something odd you better MAN THE F UP or ****, that means road rage too, you never know a child might be in the car and you better police the situation *looking at you One Thousand* I better see you out stopping crime like BatMan.

Last edited by Mach50; 06-17-2008 at 04:54 PM..

Old 06-17-2008, 05:06 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
One of the stories I have heard is that the baby was so maimed by the time someone drove by, that they thought he was beating a dead animal.

Once they noticed it was a child, then they tried to stop the guy but it was too late.
This could have happened to any of you, it does not mean you are a coward.

All I gotta say is that with all of this slinging insults of cowardliness around, next time one of you "Eagle Eye Tough Guys" sees something odd you better MAN THE F UP or ****, that means road rage too, you never know a child might be in the car and you better police the situation *looking at you One Thousand* I better see you out stopping crime like BatMan.

The information that was at hand had witnesses (plural) watching a man beat a baby to death in front of them....no guns, no knives and no wmd were involved. In those circumstances, yes -- me and my ovaries would have manned up and tried to stop the murder of a baby. If he was brandishing a gun....if I didn't have a gun on me, then I wouldn't have tried to intervene directly as I do value my life. But there was no gun, it was a grown man and a bloody bundle that was identifiable as a baby. The onlookers could not tell he was dead already. There was a chance for life, they should have shown compassion and lets face it, balls and tried something. Throw a rock at the guy, come up behind him and bean him with a rock, jump on his back, hit him with whatever you had handy in your car (now here I will say I mostly have old frenchfries and beanie babies in my car, but hell I'm sure I could have found my jack)
The point here is that nobody tried. They stood and watched. And I don't care if that baby was already dead, they could not have known that...not for sure. That was cowardice. And if that was your baby being beaten by a madman, who would you rather have in that crowd? Someone who is appalled and watched it go down or someone who tried anything to save the baby, even if it was a moot point by that time?
Seriously, where is the basic human compassion and decency?

Old 06-17-2008, 05:09 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
The information that was at hand had witnesses (plural) watching a man beat a baby to death in front of them....no guns, no knives and no wmd were involved. In those circumstances, yes -- me and my ovaries would have manned up and tried to stop the murder of a baby. If he was brandishing a gun....if I didn't have a gun on me, then I wouldn't have tried to intervene directly as I do value my life. But there was no gun, it was a grown man and a bloody bundle that was identifiable as a baby. The onlookers could not tell he was dead already. There was a chance for life, they should have shown compassion and lets face it, balls and tried something. Throw a rock at the guy, come up behind him and bean him with a rock, jump on his back, hit him with whatever you had handy in your car (now here I will say I mostly have old frenchfries and beanie babies in my car, but hell I'm sure I could have found my jack)
The point here is that nobody tried. They stood and watched. And I don't care if that baby was already dead, they could not have known that...not for sure. That was cowardice. And if that was your baby being beaten by a madman, who would you rather have in that crowd? Someone who is appalled and watched it go down or someone who tried anything to save the baby, even if it was a moot point by that time?
Seriously, where is the basic human compassion and decency?

So are you on board with the every Californian is a coward non-sense?

Can you tell us that 100% certainty that someone would have stepped up in your state?

I can tell you that if I would have been there and noticed it was a baby, either me or that punk would be dead. So mark that down 1 Californian would have killed the guy.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:10 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
What in the hell does Fox News and it's millions of viewers have to do with anything posted on this thread?

Surely you're not going to politicize this horrible crime, are you?
No, I was referring to his comments about Californians... which sounded suspiciously like something you'd hear on FOX news. Nothing to do with politics, just a lack of common sense towards an entire state. If something like this happened in your state, would you appreciate people calling you a coward for "letting" it happen? I don't think anyone ANYWHERE would let this happen, but we can't judge what a person experiences when faced with this situation. Bottom line, they killed him - so obviously the Californian police aren't afraid to use violence when necessary. And good for them for doing it, even if it was too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies