Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 08:59 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
I second that... It sounds hard to believe, but Atlanta has become a very gay-friendly city. Plus the city has enough population to give them absolute control over the state, even if everyone else statewide voted against it, there would be no contest.
Does that mean a number of gays in Atlanta are in elected offices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 09:19 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners fan View Post
Thanks. This isn't the thread for your opinion of gay marriage. Show a little restraint. There are a ton of them already.

I am really curious which state people think will be the first. I would have never guessed Georgia.

Hawaii, Oregon and Washington make sense because there are a lot of liberals and secularists there. I am torn on the Northeast because there are so many Catholics in those states but at the same time they are more secular than the South or Plains states.

I think I could safely nominate Utah and Idaho as the last two states!
Good point but Massachusetts is heavily Catholic & so is California. In-fact the churches in California seem to be totally silent on gay marriage. The force behind over-ruling the Supreme court are all out-of-state far religious Right [ie Dobson] & Republicans. But Republicans are a distinct minority in the West.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:25 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,587 times
I think it will be Oregon!

Old 06-16-2008, 09:28 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
There should definately be a gay/lesbian issues subforum in the politics forum. They are at LEAST a third of all the threads here.
Try counting the threads.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:31 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Do I win something if I get it right?

Old 06-16-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlack View Post
Never said they were doing anything to me, i just do not believe in that horrible thing, even though i am not a christian i have always wanted to ask a homosexual how they justify what they do when it is clearly in the bible not to do it.
What does the bible have to do with any of this?

Quote:
these people teach our children,run our churches, are mayors and other assorted leaders, they should lead a decent moral life not filled with evil and something that is blatantly against the bible and nature.
There is nothing evil about homosexuality nor about gay relationships. The bible matters none in terms of civil law in this country because... gasp... not everyone practices religions in which the bible carries weight. As far as nature, homosexuality is perfectly in line with nature- it's observed plenty in nature.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlack View Post
Do you see people in mass movement to sell there daughter's into slavery?
Why do numbers matter? It's in the bible!

Quote:
I thought not, you do see people wanting to marry people of there own gender and have sexual contact with them as well, that is in the bible and it is against the bible, every religion and nature.
Plenty of religions allow homosexual relations, relationships, and unions, including Christian and Jewish denominations. Nature is also full of examples of same-sex activity and it's not frowned upon by nature.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:00 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
I'll say it once, I'll say it twice, I'll say it til I'm blue in the face.....the bible as we know it is a book, a tale of stories, that is all. Until people start realizing that & get beyond their fears, our society has no hope of progressing.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:07 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,026,786 times
Can't you guys show any self-restraint and stay on topic???

As a courtesy I am providing a link if you want to debate gay marriage...
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ge-should.html

Old 06-16-2008, 10:10 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,026,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Good point but Massachusetts is heavily Catholic & so is California. In-fact the churches in California seem to be totally silent on gay marriage. The force behind over-ruling the Supreme court are all out-of-state far religious Right [ie Dobson] & Republicans. But Republicans are a distinct minority in the West.
California and Massachusetts have yet to approve gay marriage by ballot. Also, Republicans are a minority on the West Coast, but not the West as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies