Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 06:46 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times

Advertisements

I've had so much else on my mind lately...things that are relevant to me right now, that I haven't reflected on this too much. When I do, it really makes me smile. And it's exciting! These things are finally happening. With all that's going on in the world right now, this is just so nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 06:47 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
It's my opinion. It cheapens real marriage to call two gays married.

I've argued the point before so I won't get into it with y'all. Have fun with it.
How does it cheapen real marriage ... REAL marriage??? To what are you attributing REAL marriage, as opposed to fake marriage? Like common law marriage? Is that fake marriage???

Old 06-17-2008, 07:06 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm trying to understand the emotional attachment to gay marriages here.. it seems that every 3rd post is about gays.. For a segment of the population that is so small, they sure do talk alot publicly about their relationships behind closed doors.
There seems to be no emotional attachment... they have been crying and whining for marriage rights just as a kid begs for a toy at a toy store. Now that they got what they want they will momentarily shut up but will soon find something else to whine and cry about.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:22 AM

454 posts, read 748,892 times
Good for California.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:22 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,075 times
I'm a supporter of gay rights and civil unions but I'm totally appalled by the propensity of some gay rights supporters to visciously attack the intelligence and character of others who don't agree with them. It demonstrates a total lack of tolerance that they are wanting/expecting from the same people they attack. Honestly, if you want to be treated fairly and like a human adult, then start acting like it!! Calling people "boring" or "ignorant" because of where they reside and because they don't agree with you is the epitome of intolerance. Perhaps taking the higher road a time or two would be in order, yes?

Old 06-17-2008, 07:35 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,078 times
I've never had a problem with gay people being gay. I have a problem with gays claiming marriage as a gay thing. It's not.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:37 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
There seems to be no emotional attachment... they have been crying and whining for marriage rights just as a kid begs for a toy at a toy store. Now that they got what they want they will momentarily shut up but will soon find something else to whine and cry about.
It's not the gays that are sniveling and whining...It is the bigots such as yourself spewing your hatred all over these forums.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:56 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Tell me Yel .. how is Adam and Steve or Annette and Sara going to affect your daily life. Please enlighten us. As far as I'm concerned whoever wants to jump into the marriage pool is fine by me.
Why, by having the government eliminate, by fiat, "bride" and "groom" as legal terms, and instead substitute "A and B" to satisfy a tiny minority --like you -- who feel that our society's traditional standards are something that need to be thrown into the trash can, along with civility, manners, and respect for others.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:02 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
I am a pretty devout Republican and am wondering why this gay marriage thing bothers people?? How does 2 men or 2 women getting married in California, or any other state for that matter, affect you and your home?? What two consenting adults do in their homes is their private matter. There are so many other things to worry yourselves over.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:06 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Why, by having the government eliminate, by fiat, "bride" and "groom" as legal terms, and instead substitute "A and B" to satisfy a tiny minority --like you -- who feel that our society's traditional standards are something that need to be thrown into the trash can, along with civility, manners, and respect for others.
Good point. "Traditional decorum" does seem to be a little overly-threatening to some folks....not all, mind you, but some. Guess that's how we now interpret a 'free society"....nobody better "tell ME what to do"....if so, we're really missing the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies