Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:40 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
One of the few times I am in agreement with the ACLU. I hope they win this one.
bch its a mixed bag. I don't like it, but when you look at milk cartons long enough... I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 03:05 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times
The children don't need these things... criminals do. I say we stab one right into every dangerous felon against their will...

Old 06-19-2008, 03:10 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
But won't the children be far more secure if their location can be monitored by if a RFID chip is embedded in their body? Schooling would be far more efficient if they did not have to take roll call in every classroom. The kids going outside to sneak a smoke could be found and properly disciplined. Children getting on the wrong school bus without prior permission recorded in the database could be told to get on the correct bus. Rowdy behavior at school athletic or concert events could be investigated in real time as they were happening.
There could also be benefits to the school health monitoring programs. Incidences of disease could be monitored on the chip and the possibly contagious children prevented from getting on the bus or entering the school building. By having simple health information as temperature and heart rate monitored accidental overexertion during athletics could be prevented. Monitoring of illicit sexual activity could be detected if there were two devices very close together in an unapproved location. This is a good thing for the public safety and should be encouraged.
And that is the exact sentiment they are hoping for. Give up some more of your privacy for a little more false security. Same game they have been playing with us since time and memorial. Only the plans have been drastically sped up over the last 7 years. 1984 is right, and anyone out there who hasn't read the book should definitely check it out. Big Brother is here.

1984 by George Orwell

Old 06-20-2008, 07:22 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,164,677 times
I would think that societies like Red China, Cuba and North Korea would love this type of technology.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:00 PM

478 posts, read 959,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
And that is the exact sentiment they are hoping for. Give up some more of your privacy for a little more false security. Same game they have been playing with us since time and memorial. Only the plans have been drastically sped up over the last 7 years. 1984 is right, and anyone out there who hasn't read the book should definitely check it out. Big Brother is here.

1984 by George Orwell
It's all a matter of conditioning the public. This has been the M.O. of recent times... and it is only going to get worse. Conditioned to accept illegal surveillance, conditioned to accept perpetual war, conditioned to be fearful, conditioned to think global warming is real, conditioned to accept high gas and food prices, conditioned to accept open borders, (in a time when security is supposed to matter). It's all being done by design. Everything in America is now not meant to be okay. Middle class America is public enemy #1 in the shift. It's all about control through chaos... slowly but surely... and people are being conditioned to accept it.

From here on in, it won't matter. Barack O'Drama and John McInsane are not going to make things better. They are hand picked stooges.

Good luck to everyone. Move to the countryside and buy some guns. Plant a garden. And stockpile a lot of beer... along with some good music (Allman Bros, Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones, etc.)

Sorry, I don't mean to joke around - but these times we are living in are so absurd, you have to have a sense of humor to deal with it all............

God Speed.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:13 AM

358 posts, read 518,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why doesn't any of this stuff come up for a vote ?

what else would you expect from sheep?

the fascist liberals have already pulled the teeth from most of the sheepdogs there, now there is not many left to protect the flock.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:28 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losertarian View Post

the fascist liberals have already pulled the teeth from most of the sheepdogs there, now there is not many left to protect the flock.
A Defeat for Microchipping « The Political Inquirer (http://politicalinquirer.com/2007/05/30/a-defeat-for-microchipping/ - broken link)

Quote:
The House has recently rejected (http://www.examiner-enterprise.com/articles/2007/05/24/news/state/news440.txt - broken link) a bill that would allow for microchipping of violent criminals. Although the measure passed the Senate, it was sent back to committee for revision out of fear it would infringe upon civil liberties, which is does. Violent offenders who have committed such acts as murder, rape, burglary, and others, would be required to have a microchip insterted in themselves.
Though this legislation would also prohibit the government from requiring anyone else to have microchip implants in the future, there should be no requirement, even if it does mean protecting the rights of violent criminals. “We are going down that slippery slope,” said one Democratic congressman. The author of the legislation is a Republican representative from Arizona, Sue Tibbs.
It goes beyond political lines and enters the business sector. Advocates for business over civil rights have spoken on the issue as well as those in the military and health sector

Information on Microchipping « A View from my Balcony

Quote:
• Also in 2005, Tommy Thompson, former Secretary of Health and Human Services and 2008 presidential candidate, joined the board of directors for the VeriChip Corporation. He has used his Bush administration connections to promote the device, and has appeared on national television suggesting that every American should receive a VeriChip implant to link to their electronic medical records. Thompson also suggested using the VeriChip to replace dog tags in our armed forces. [2]
Quote:
• New Jersey’s oldest and largest insurer, Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield, is currently working with the Hackensack Regional Medical Center and VeriChip to develop a business case for the chipping of people. Privacy and civil liberties advocates caution that insurers could one day require customers to get chipped, or they could offer significant premium penalties for those who refuse. [10]

Old 06-24-2008, 08:26 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Animals, farms, credit cards and now people.

This is slowly working it's way into American society. Kudo's to the ACLU.

Why doesn't any of this stuff come up for a vote ?

Because if it did come up for vote you would see alot of angry people.
They like to keep people in the dark it makes it easier to take over the world.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:04 PM

889 posts, read 2,406,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losertarian View Post

You know it's really hard to start a Revolution when we're among so many sheep!

But I do know a few thousand who won't be sheep

REVOLUTION March on D.C. - July 12th, 2008 - The GRAND RALLY for Feedom, Peace, and Prosperity - Ron Paul!

Old 06-25-2008, 01:12 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
You know it's really hard to start a Revolution when we're among so many sheep!

But I do know a few thousand who won't be sheep

REVOLUTION March on D.C. - July 12th, 2008 - The GRAND RALLY for Feedom, Peace, and Prosperity - Ron Paul!
Wow, I'm sorry to say this is the first I have heard of this. I think I will be planning a little trip to Washington. The only question is, will anyone really hear about it at all. The media is excellent at not reporting real news. Especially when the news consists of freedom loving Americans marching on Washington. Hope the riot police don't come down on us all. But either way, I feel like it is something I should do. In a lot of my posts I talk of standing up against the government. Wouldn't be much of a man if I didn't go and do it now that the opportunity has been presented. And that goes to all the freedom talkers on this forum. Lets go and really take part in this attempt at change. LET FREEDOM RING!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies