Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 02:23 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,237 times

Advertisements

Ok folks, we need to simmer down here, this is getting too personal.

Just a reminder that the topic is...

Terrorist, Republicans or Just Good Old Boys?

Not each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 02:37 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
These firearms should be legal, a militia is a group of citizens that are prepared to defend their town, county, state, and country.

The government IS the enemy when they come to take your weapons that they claim are "unauthorized" thus "illegal".

I call these guys Patriots.
you know I am a big supporter of the 2nd amendment but going into town and just shooting Mexicans is not being patriotic it is just murder.

This is noy about "saving" the country ,it is pure hate.Does a Mexican woman or child or even a man deserve to be slaughtered just because they are A; Mexican and B; in America?What if they were here legally think those guys really care?

These guys just like PETA or anti abortionists who murder a doctor or a enviromentalist who blows up car lots or a bomber who murders people in Oklahoma are just wackos who have become so involved in their cause/hate that they lost all sense and in a twisted way think they are actually doing good.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:46 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,113,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
you know I am a big supporter of the 2nd amendment but going into town and just shooting Mexicans is not being patriotic it is just murder.

This is noy about "saving" the country ,it is pure hate.Does a Mexican woman or child or even a man deserve to be slaughtered just because they are A; Mexican and B; in America?What if they were here legally think those guys really care?

These guys just like PETA or anti abortionists who murder a doctor or a enviromentalist who blows up car lots or a bomber who murders people in Oklahoma are just wackos who have become so involved in their cause/hate that they lost all sense and in a twisted way think they are actually doing good.
First of all, I saw one tiny little mention in the article about Mexicans. The media and the government made it appear that they were racists and provided no other information...they didn't say there were racist, they only implied they were. I don't know what the facts of it were, if they wanted to kill Mexicans because they're racists I wouldn't defend that. I am defending their right to have these weapons.

From reading the article, the weapons they had is clearly the issue the government had with them and reinforces the fact that the government doesn't want armed citizens.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:47 PM

KevK you should have NOT included Republican in the thread title though,that's a cheap shot and you know it.

Go back in history looking at some "good ol' boys" and you will find a few Democrats also.Democrats sure like to play that card though to the racial crowd.

I remember Al Gore speaking at the Apollo theater to a black crowd and he said "rebel flag waving Republicans" and the crowd whooted it up.I wished I had been on that stage to set him and the crowd straight.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
First of all, I saw one tiny little mention in the article about Mexicans. The media and the government made it appear that they were racists and provided no other information...they didn't say there were racist, they only implied they were. I don't know what the facts of it were, if they wanted to kill Mexicans because they're racists I wouldn't defend that. I am defending their right to have these weapons.

From reading the article, the weapons they had is clearly the issue the government had with them and reinforces the fact that the government doesn't want armed citizens.
the firearms are not a issue in this debate at least with me,going on the assumption that it is true that they were planning a massacre then in this case they were of a twisted thought of what "defending America" is about.

We all know there are fringe groups of all ethnic backgrounds with various causes that have become twisted in their cause of justice and preserving their "pure" America.

Not all militias are bad,some are not racist at all and strive to do good things as a community but there are some that have bad intentions also.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:55 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,113,949 times
Well, I'm not convinced they were racist. If they were I'm sure the media would've pounced on it and provided more information. They didn't even use the word racist in the article.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:56 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,559,023 times
Quote:

Here's what I got from the article....the article said there were 5 men who formed a militia. This militia was planning an attack. There were stockpiles found of firearms & ingredients for explosives. These militia men were overheard talking about illegal immigration & anti-government rhetoric. I don't sense anti-firearms from this article. What I do sense is that these freaks sound suspiciously like McVeigh back in the day. Remember him? But I guess if the people killed are illegal immigrants, then who gives a crap, right? But wait! These men also sound suspiciously like a group of men who would want to overthrow the government. You did read the part in the article where they were told to shoot on sight any government agents, right? Tell me, if this group or a similar group were to pull another Oklahoma bombing or some other sort of attack, are you going to sit there & say "well hey, they're allowed to bear arms" which in essence is condoning that sort of action? Or would you only do that if their violence was directed towards immigrants?

Old 06-20-2008, 03:00 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,319,017 times
This whole episode sounds suspicious. The guy had a bunker filled with weapons and explosives --- and 100 marijuana plants?

Maybe that's why they haven't actually done anything...

Old 06-20-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
This whole episode sounds suspicious. The guy had a bunker filled with weapons and explosives --- and 100 marijuana plants?

lol,maybe they were just planning on robbing a Mexican grocerystore of it's chocolate and potatochips.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:21 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

I remember that verse to that afroman song...

"...I was gonna kill all the Mexicans with my guns and homemade grenades...
....but I didn't....
....because I got hiiiighhh!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies