Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:03 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,000,340 times

Advertisements

Especially the top secret CIA mind control/ESP type drugs, we really need to start fighting the war on those. Because then we would kick the Taliban's ass. Just saying...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 09:24 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
And if we COULDN'T "Kick the Taliban's "......well, anyway, if we couldn't 'beat' them, it wouldn't upset us nearly as much, as long as we were on some "really heavy" stuff...

Old 06-20-2008, 07:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
The war on drugs is a total failure and waste of money.
They should just stop and use the money for SS or Healthcare.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The war on drugs is a total failure and waste of money.
They should just stop and use the money for SS or Healthcare.
Use it for Healthcare? Ooh brother.. Saying we should stop saving children from drugs, so we can give the money to SS or Healthcare, (th esame healthcare costs that would skyrocket due to drug use) is histerical. Take from one program that helps people and then give it to another program to support people... yeha, that makes sense. I guess letting people keep the money, thereby spending more, causing a higher job rate, meaning less people going to drugs wasnt in the thought process.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:48 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Especially the top secret CIA mind control/ESP type drugs, we really need to start fighting the war on those. Because then we would kick the Taliban's ass. Just saying...
the war on drugs is a farce. the US spend too much money in supporting foreign dictatorships in the guise of the "drug war". just look at how much colombia receives and the proposed $1B no strings attached assistance to Mexico bill that is being bandied about now in the congress. if somebody is using drugs, they are going to find them, regardless of supply.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:38 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Use it for Healthcare? Ooh brother.. Saying we should stop saving children from drugs, so we can give the money to SS or Healthcare, (th esame healthcare costs that would skyrocket due to drug use) is histerical. Take from one program that helps people and then give it to another program to support people... yeha, that makes sense. I guess letting people keep the money, thereby spending more, causing a higher job rate, meaning less people going to drugs wasnt in the thought process.
You save children from drugs by raising them right. Blaming drugs for addiction is like blaming beer for drunks.

I dont think my tax dollars should be spent on preventative maintanance for other peoples problems. My only issue with drugs is the violent crime that accompanies it. IMO it should be legal, no more gangs, no more drug wars, mucho tax money to fund things needed, maybe health care or better yet replacing the Fed income tax.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:54 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,115,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
You save children from drugs by raising them right. Blaming drugs for addiction is like blaming beer for drunks.

I dont think my tax dollars should be spent on preventative maintanance for other peoples problems. My only issue with drugs is the violent crime that accompanies it. IMO it should be legal, no more gangs, no more drug wars, mucho tax money to fund things needed, maybe health care or better yet replacing the Fed income tax.
I agree, the crime associated with the illegal drug trade is equivalent to the crime associated with prohibition...

Old 06-20-2008, 12:04 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
I'm all for legalizing drugs as long as I don't have to pick up the bill of junkies that ruin their lives with smack.

that being said, there's going to be a lot of unemployed gang bangers if you steal their profitable profession from them. what will they resort to doing when drugs are no longer profitable to deal?

Old 06-20-2008, 12:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Usin g the money for healthcare is like using the money for the peoples drug;having someone play for their additction to others money.The dealers will do the same has they did when prohabitation ended;get into other crimes.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:21 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
All the government needs to do is start taxing the drugs, make all drugs legal, make sure you can only get it from a government licensed dispersary, and open up thousands of rehab centers.

The government will get rich, it will decriminalize the drug user who only wants to turn his brain to cheese, and it will free up a lot of usable space in jails for the real hardcore deadly criminals.

No more gangs who run the drug biz on the streets all of their "jobs" dry up before the ink is dry on the bill that makes drugs legal.
No more cartels, no more street wars.

Drug users are self indugent, and self destructive creatures.

Make them register for the right to be a drug user, make it a condition that if you are a drug user, you cannot have a driver's license, cannot be under the age of 25, or have children under the age of 18 who live in your house, or have a job which requires you to make decisions that will affect other people. Then have a "registered drug user" list along with what kind of drugs they use, and how frequently they purchase them, plot them on a map like they do for the "registered sex offenders".

Then you'll see how many people sign up for the right to use drugs.

By drugs i'm talking about cocaine, heroin, X and the other hard stuff people like to zonk out on... Marihooey should be sold at the 7/11 like cigarettes as far as i'm concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies