Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 02:27 PM

9 posts, read 8,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I dont know a way better than this to say this, so..

AMEN 2 That.
Thank all of you for the supportive posts! Really appreciated and I'll tell everyone I see that SOME people believe in us.

As for sending us the inmates, please don't :-) We have enough of the Iraqi criminal element to deal with 24 hours a day. You'd be surprised at how many Iraqi's (mostly men) do nothing but scheme and devise ways to kill other Iraqi's. We aren't killing them. They blow themselves up along with other innocent people. That's what you see on the news all day, everyday. If you could only see the good and how many people appreciate us being here. They believe they'll prevail over the radical Islamist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2007, 02:58 PM

986 posts, read 2,807,577 times
I am so upset...there is an American soldier who is writing from Iraq, she is in Iraq!!! She is writing to tell us all that she believes in what she is doing!! there is over 200 views of this thread and only 4 people stopped to say thankyou to her!!! You all are not going to be drafted! It is an all volunteer military, because we only need soldiers like LizBeth. Sending convicted prisoners to defend our country!!!! You caught to be kidding!!

Old 01-14-2007, 03:00 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
I wouldn't even answer a draft. I would fight for this country, if it needed fighting for. I am NOT fighting for the current pool of mentally unarmed idiots that the less intelligent half of this country voted into office, for the second time.

Sorry, I'd rather be in another country, or jail.

If they start drafting, leave. Thats what I'd do. This is not something worth fighting for.

-TT
TELL THAT TO THE 400,000 AMERICANS THAT DIED IN WW II, THE 55,000 THAT DIED IN KOREA, THE 58,000 THAT DIED IN VIETNAM,.AND THE LITTLE OVER 3,000 THAT HAVE DIED IN IRAQ AND AFGANASTAN ..I'M SURE ALOT OF THEM DID NOT BELEIVE IN THOSE WARS, BUT THEY DIED SO YOU CAN SIT HERE AND BE FREE TO AND WRITE WHAT YOU WANT TO ...I HAVE A NEPHEW THAT WAS PART OF THE FIRST WAVE OF ARMY INTO BAGHDAD...MAYBE HE DOSEN'T BELEIVE IN THIS WAR, BUT GUESS WHAT, HE WENT HOPING TO PROTECT YOUR FREEDOM TO BE A FREE AMERICAN...

I don't know how old you are but here is something I have never forgotten from the day I heard President Kennedy say it the day he was sworn in as President...."Ask not what your country can do for you... but ....Ask what can you do for your country"

Kids.. Freedom is never Free, someone has paid for your Freedom with Their life...

And this country has never drafted women and probably never will, so don't worry...

We as soldiers don't choose the wars we fight, We just fight them when asked to!

THANK A VETERAN FOR YOUR FREEDOM...Next time there is a Veterans Day parade in your town....please go and say thank you to them...

Old 01-14-2007, 03:11 PM

504 posts, read 1,763,979 times
Freedom is not free we all know that but as Americans, we will not go like lemmings into a war that is illegal, next Iran, Cuba, China, North Korea, Somalia, and every other country that we do not like. Just because the worse president ever and I mean the worse, decides he wants to play cowboy. Are we kidding, Afghanistan may have been a good idea but because of our stupid invasion of Iraq, Afghanistan has become the worlds biggest opium producer in the world, thanks to us. We thought we won in Afghanistan but we won more drugs. and the oil companies are going to split up the oil in Iraq and that was supposed to happen, it was for the Iraqi people, remember?
I am sure the Iraqi people appreciate our help and our young people, who wouldn't our American soldiers have always been the best, the kindness and the most caring.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:34 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
TELL THAT TO THE 400,000 AMERICANS THAT DIED IN WW II, THE 55,000 THAT DIED IN KOREA, THE 58,000 THAT DIED IN VIETNAM,.AND THE LITTLE OVER 3,000 THAT HAVE DIED IN IRAQ AND AFGANASTAN ..I'M SURE ALOT OF THEM DID NOT BELEIVE IN THOSE WARS, BUT THEY DIED SO YOU CAN SIT HERE AND BE FREE TO AND WRITE WHAT YOU WANT TO ...I HAVE A NEPHEW THAT WAS PART OF THE FIRST WAVE OF ARMY INTO BAGHDAD...MAYBE HE DOSEN'T BELEIVE IN THIS WAR, BUT GUESS WHAT, HE WENT HOPING TO PROTECT YOUR FREEDOM TO BE A FREE AMERICAN...

I don't know how old you are but here is something I have never forgotten from the day I heard President Kennedy say it the day he was sworn in as President...."Ask not what your country can do for you... but ....Ask what can you do for your country"

Kids.. Freedom is never Free, someone has paid for your Freedom with Their life...

And this country has never drafted women and probably never will, so don't worry...

We as soldiers don't choose the wars we fight, We just fight them when asked to!

THANK A VETERAN FOR YOUR FREEDOM...Next time there is a Veterans Day parade in your town....please go and say thank you to them...
1. I am a veteran, so say thank you. My age is in my profile if that somehow has something to do with my character.

2. Iraq has NOTHING to do with our freedom.

3. If you continue to support the BA, I honestly have nothing more to say to you.

4. If you wan't to protect our country, stop voting for idiots.

5. Don't include me in the "we". I served, and did as I was told. I still consider myself a soldier, but not a tool for the politically corrupt and mentally unarmed.

If you have been brainwashed into believing that you can only be patriotic by following the orders of the mentally unarmed, I feel very sad for you.
There is no freedom to be won in Iraq, not for the American people anyway. If you think there is, I encourage you to take up arms and head due east.

-TT

Old 01-14-2007, 03:39 PM

484 posts, read 1,944,064 times
what your teacher gave out is draft registration, which the U.S. has been doing for since the mid 70's. It's not the draft itself. To not complete it and risk a criminal record for absolutely no purpose is just plane stupid.

A 16-year-old has no reason to fill that out. Males have to register for Selctive Service at 18, not 16. You can't vote or get student loans without it.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
Freedom is not free we all know that but as Americans, we will not go like lemmings into a war that is illegal, next Iran, Cuba, China, North Korea, Somalia, and every other country that we do not like. Just because the worse president ever and I mean the worse, decides he wants to play cowboy. Are we kidding, Afghanistan may have been a good idea but because of our stupid invasion of Iraq, Afghanistan has become the worlds biggest opium producer in the world, thanks to us. We thought we won in Afghanistan but we won more drugs. and the oil companies are going to split up the oil in Iraq and that was supposed to happen, it was for the Iraqi people, remember?
I am sure the Iraqi people appreciate our help and our young people, who wouldn't our American soldiers have always been the best, the kindness and the most caring.
You seem to have missed my point....Someone said they would go hide if drafted...and my point was if called it is ones duty to go even if you do not agree with the war at the time........I did not say if I belived the war in Iraq was good for America or bad for America....my view does not matter, only that I support those over there matters....I guess you did not understand what John F. Kennedy meant by his words....Any American and all Americans should be willing to fight for Americas' Freedom....

I think anyone that would and did leave this country to avoid the draft are nothing but cowards...I guess I'll get banned for saying that, but so be it...

We have one young Lady here on this thread in Iraq right now She and Her fellow Soldiers are true American Heros....Unlike Her and her fellow soldiers, so many of the young people of this country have no backbone to defend this country....

Did you miss this part I wrote....
""We as soldiers don't choose the wars we fight, We just fight them when asked to!""

Old 01-14-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
1. I am a veteran, so say thank you. My age is in my profile if that somehow has something to do with my character.

2. Iraq has NOTHING to do with our freedom.

3. If you continue to support the BA, I honestly have nothing more to say to you.

4. If you wan't to protect our country, stop voting for idiots.

5. Don't include me in the "we". I served, and did as I was told. I still consider myself a soldier, but not a tool for the politically corrupt and mentally unarmed.

If you have been brainwashed into believing that you can only be patriotic by following the orders of the mentally unarmed, I feel very sad for you.
There is no freedom to be won in Iraq, not for the American people anyway. If you think there is, I encourage you to take up arms and head due east.

-TT

Well I Have to admit you are the first Veteran I have ever heard say they woud hide from the draft it there was one....

I don't see anywhere in my post that I said the war in Iraq had to do with Americas Freedom..Only that those fighting may feel that way

My post had to do with those running from the draft...

You need to go back and read everything I wrote...

And by your age I guess you are saying you went to Iraq in "91?

I don't know what Army you were in but the one I was in you followed orders even if disagreed with them.

I'm fixing to get banned from this forum but this needs sayin...LizBeth_FL probably has bigger balls than you do because she is doing what her country has asked her to do, fight in a war and didn't even ask her if she beleived in it...Some things are worth saying and that was one of them....

Last edited by texanborn; 01-14-2007 at 04:22 PM..

Old 01-14-2007, 05:35 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,838 times
Quote:
Well I Have to admit you are the first Veteran I have ever heard say they woud hide from the draft it there was one....

I don't see anywhere in my post that I said the war in Iraq had to do with Americas Freedom..Only that those fighting may feel that way
Ok, so why else would you say that ANYONE should even acknowledge a draft, much less respond to it? Why would any sane American fight for any other reason than to DEFEND their country? Because some goober tells them to? I don't think so. There is no honor in blindly following idiots with more authority than you have.

Quote:
My post had to do with those running from the draft...

You need to go back and read everything I wrote...

And by your age I guess you are saying you went to Iraq in "91?

I don't know what Army you were in but the one I was in you followed orders even if disagreed with them.
Yes, I read everything in your post, painful as it was. Yes, while in the service I did as I was told, and managed accordingly. I didn't agree with a lot of it, but I chose the job, so I kept my mouth shut. If someone TOLD me I had to go back in against my will, they'd have to send quite a few people. I would never walk away from my country, but this isn't my country. This is some idiot a whole lot of other idiots put in office. Draft them first.

Quote:
I'm fixing to get banned from this forum but this needs sayin...LizBeth_FL probably has bigger balls than you do because she is doing what her country has asked her to do, fight in a war and didn't even ask her if she beleived in it...Some things are worth saying and that was one of them....
Ok, check your approval ratings. This country is no longer asking her to be there. This country wants her home. The Bush administration wants her there, not her country. So if you want to toss around insults because I happen to be a leader instead of a follower like yourself, I'll be sure to keep an eye out as they fly below me.

-TT

Last edited by YapCity; 01-14-2007 at 06:14 PM..

Old 01-16-2007, 10:05 PM

569 posts, read 1,228,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizBeth_FL View Post
Thank all of you for the supportive posts! Really appreciated and I'll tell everyone I see that SOME people believe in us.

As for sending us the inmates, please don't :-) We have enough of the Iraqi criminal element to deal with 24 hours a day. You'd be surprised at how many Iraqi's (mostly men) do nothing but scheme and devise ways to kill other Iraqi's. We aren't killing them. They blow themselves up along with other innocent people. That's what you see on the news all day, everyday. If you could only see the good and how many people appreciate us being here. They believe they'll prevail over the radical Islamist.

Thank you for your service!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies