Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 08:10 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,459,620 times

Advertisements

An interesting e-mail I have seen forwarded along the internet. Make up your own minds...

Quote:
Just a personal observation...as I watched the news coverage of the massive flooding in the Midwest with over 100 blocks of the city of Cedar Rapids, Iowa under water, levees breaking, and the attention now turned downstream for when this massive amount of water hits the Mississippi, what amazed me is not what we saw, but what we didn't see...

1. We don't see looting.

2. We don't see street violence.

3. We don't see people sitting on their rooftops waiting for the government to come and save them.

4. We don't see people waiting on the government to do anything.

5. We don't see lace Hollywood organizing benefits to raise money for people to rebuild.

6. We don't see people blaming President Bush.

7. We don't see people ignoring evacuation orders.

8. We don't see people blaming a government conspiracy to blow up the levees as the reason some have not held.

9. We don't see the US Senators or the Governor of Iowa crying on TV.

10. We don't see the Mayors of any of these cities complaining about the lack of state or federal response.

11. We don't see or hear reports of the police going around confiscating personal firearms so that only the criminals will be armed.

12. We don't see gangs of people going around and randomly shooting at the rescue workers.

13. You don't see some leaders in this country blaming the bad behavior of the Iowa flood victims on "society" (of course there is no wide spread reports of lawlessness to require excuses).

[SIZE=3]Where are all of the Hollywood celebrities holding telethons asking for help in restoring Iowa and helping the folks affected by the floods?

Where is all the media asking the tough questions about why the federal government hasn't solved the problem? Asking where the FEMA trucks (and trailers) are?

Why isn't the Federal Government relocating
Iowa people to free hotels in Chicago?

When will Spike Lee say that the Federal Government blew up the levees that failed in
Des Moines?

Where are Sean Penn and the Dixie Chicks?

Where are all the looters stealing high-end tennis shoes and big screen television sets?

When will we hear Governor Chet Culver say that he wants to rebuild a "vanilla"
Iowa, because that's the way God wants it?

Where is the hysterical 24/7 media coverage complete with reports of cannibalism?

Where are the people declaring that George Bush hates white, rural people?

How come in 2 weeks, you will never hear about the
Iowa flooding ever again?

[/SIZE]

Old 06-26-2008, 08:20 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,412,040 times
Hollywood celebrities hate white people.

Media hates middle America.

The Federal Government hates white people.

Spike Lee, Sean Penn and the Dixie Chicks hate middle America.

White looters only steal low-end tennis shoes and small screen television sets.

Governor Chet Culver is in to black chicks. He wants a chocolate/vanilla swirl Iowa.

White people bury their cannibalized victims.

Where are the people declaring that George Bush hates white, rural people? They don't get up until after noon.

How come in 2 weeks, you will never hear about the Iowa flooding ever again? Because the majority of white people are at work and don't have time to be pandered to by the news stations.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:20 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
I beg to disagree..Bush cares VERY MUCH about Iowa.....and he plans to fly out to Boise soon, to "encourage" you good folks. Hang in there !....

Old 06-26-2008, 08:53 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,563 times
I'm sorry for the imbecile who wrote the e-mail. What...never mind...I can't muster up any pity. Oh well.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:19 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,406,632 times
Instead of blasting the email, how about refuting points which you beleive are false?

Old 06-26-2008, 09:22 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,439,262 times
I say quit building in FLOOD zones!

Old 06-26-2008, 09:49 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,206,341 times
FEMA seems to be doing a better job in Iowa and Missouri, though the disaster is significantly less than experienced in Louisiana:

Up and down the Big Muddy, the Federal Emergency Management Agency is being commended for responding quickly and surely. "The lessons we learned from Katrina we've taken very seriously," said Glenn Cannon, FEMA assistant administrator for disaster operations. He added: "We've changed the way we do business. We don't wait to react."

"I think they've made a world of improvement both in terms of their preparedness and in terms of their attitude," McCaskill said. "My sense is they are no longer thinking they can deliver disaster relief from a cubicle in Virginia and are fully engaged on the ground."

AP Says Iowa Flood Victims Love FEMA

Old 06-26-2008, 09:51 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,559,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I say quit building in FLOOD zones!
Hate to burst your bubble but a LOT of this flooding happened nowhere near flood zones, come here & take a look.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:51 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Instead of blasting the email, how about refuting points which you beleive are false?
I don't think the e-mail is worth someone lending it credence even to refute it. I gave its author too much by posting about it in the first place.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:06 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
This is not an e-mail about the government. This is an e-mail about people. What is he really trying to say? Whatever it is, he should just say it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.