Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2008, 04:43 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,643,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
That's right! We have a bunch of overconfident beatnicks and hippies who will use very harsh language to defend our rights and scream "I KNOW MY RIGHTS!" right before they are summarily executed.

"All power comes from the barrell of a gun" Mao Zedong

"You can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." Al Capone
Jimbo,

they have to FIND you, to SHOOT you. You know how many people are out there that the government is "trying" to find...that are still free?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 07:29 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,411,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Why do you feel the need? There are any number of people who live beneath the government's notice. It helps when you don't own anything though.

So you equate hiding like a worm with freedom from Gov't?
Interesting.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:08 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,643,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
So you equate hiding like a worm with freedom from Gov't?
Interesting.
Interesting that you equate being beneath notice with "hiding like a worm".

Do you have some sort of PERSONAL stake in this?

Old 09-18-2008, 04:47 AM

1,373 posts, read 3,126,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
You know, I find myself wondering what the hell is going on in Washington when our Supreme Court judges barely uphold on of our Constitutional Rights. I don't care about any of the judges personal opinions, their job is to uphold the Constitution. And the fact that 4 of them voted against the removal of the ban is very troubling to me. It should have been a 9-0 sweep in favor of the ban removal. Heck, the whole thing should have been labeled unnecessary in the first place because the Constitution clearly states what our firearm rights are. There is no need for interpretation. What do you think?

It's 2008, not 1808. Times have changed. Besides, what are "arms"? Guns are firearms, we can still carry knives or whatever.

You'd think after Virginia Tech more people would realize how outdated the idea we have the right to guns is.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Interesting that you equate being beneath notice with "hiding like a worm".

Do you have some sort of PERSONAL stake in this?
I'm not the one obsessing with keeping under the radar & avoiding Govt regulation by doing so am I?

The only personal stake I have is the preservation of my rights. So I make myself heard.

I equate crying about how I think things should be while making sure nobody notices me hiding like a worm. If you are not man enough to stand up & be counted then shut your yap & eat whats put before you.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimzyMusic View Post
It's 2008, not 1808. Times have changed. Besides, what are "arms"? Guns are firearms, we can still carry knives or whatever.

You'd think after Virginia Tech more people would realize how outdated the idea we have the right to guns is.

Was life more precious in 1808?

Many places in the US you CAN NOT carry knives or whatever. Its the principal that matters. If freedom doesn't matter to a person they have many places to go, why the need to ruin what was the best country on Earth?

Old 09-18-2008, 08:46 AM

23,870 posts, read 24,099,797 times
Quote:
Virginia Tech is a fantastic example of why the right to bear arms is a GOOD thing, and should be exercised more and restricted less.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:50 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,768,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Virginia Tech is a fantastic example of why the right to bear arms is a GOOD thing, and should be exercised more and restricted less.
Playing devil's advocate, eh? It's actually an interesting point. What if everyone at VT had been packing?

Requiring everyone to be defenseless doesn't necessarily help. Then just the people you need to defend yourself against have weapons.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:26 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Quote:

Very Good - "Guns are firearms"

Now, when that "home invasion" occurs - with the CROOKS pointing / having Guns - and I bring out a knife - who do you think is going to win???

Old 09-18-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Very Good - "Guns are firearms"

Now, when that "home invasion" occurs - with the CROOKS pointing / having Guns - and I bring out a knife - who do you think is going to win???

C'mon greatday,
I'm sure that in the spirit of goodwill & fair play the home invaders will put down their guns & whip the out cutlery once they realize you are unarmed.

Even if all the bad guys had no guns I'd still want mine anyway. I dont mind having an advantage.

I had been in a rush before & didn't notice the VT reference.
How ironic is it that a place that suffered a tragedy BECAUSE good people couldn't carry guns is now used as a vehicle for antigun propaganda?
Some people have no concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies