Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:49 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Actually most of it came from a patholigically dishonest Iraqi defector in Germany known as "Curveball."
As I said much came from Israel....
Yes the defector more or less confirmed our suspisions. Saddam did the most by bluffing right to the end. His words" I never really believed the USA would really invade. " Partly due to our very weak responces to other attacks on our assets.
MI-6 was a big factor as well as our own CIA which dropped the ball like a 10 ton weight. Somebody in DC felt sattelites were a better source of intel than boots on the ground and completely rebuilt the CIA with this in mind. Why? Because we shouldnt consort with the bad guys. Hmmm guess undercover cops are bad guys too.
As for Iran aiming missiles at Israel? Israel has been threatening Iran for years. Let the 2 go at it winner takes all. The bottom line is the USA has to stop fighting Israels battles and buying them out of trouble every time they cross the line. Let them answer for their misdeeds and maybe they will learn to play nice with their neighbors.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:52 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Does anyone really think that Israel can't deal with something like this on their own?

Old 06-30-2008, 12:13 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
As for Iran aiming missiles at Israel? Israel has been threatening Iran for years. Let the 2 go at it winner takes all.
Actually Israel and Iran got along swimmingly during the Shah years. As for who is threatening who, Iran arms Hezbollah who causes mayhem in both Lebanon and Israel. Israel has no designs on Iran except in stopping their ABombs. Indeed Iran is thousands of miles from Israel. The only reason they have any dispute whatsoever is because Iran is run by xenophobic, Islamic nutcases. Iran is far away and not even Arab.

Quote:
The bottom line is the USA has to stop fighting Israels battles and buying them out of trouble every time they cross the line. Let them answer for their misdeeds and maybe they will learn to play nice with their neighbors.
I was unaware that we were doing any fighting for Israel. Even a casual glance at history shows their military easily overwhelms Arab armies time and time again. I'd love to see the Iranian Air Force take on the Israeli Air Force. The Israelis will blow them out of the sky with their eyes closed.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:17 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,898 times
Good ! It's time to blow up Israel. When Israel is wiped off the map, we'll have more money to spend on our own domestic agenda.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:27 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I think that you are factually inaccurate concerning Iraq (but the liberals believe it):

Israeli officials warned the George W. Bush administration that an invasion of Iraq would be destabilising to the region and urged the United States to instead target Iran as the primary enemy, according to former administration official Lawrence Wilkerson.

The warning against an invasion of Iraq was "pervasive" in Israeli communications with the administration, Wilkerson recalls. It was conveyed to the administration by a wide range of Israeli sources, including political figures, intelligence and private citizens.

Wilkerson notes that the main point of their communications was not that the United States should immediately attack Iran, but that "it should not be distracted by Iraq and Saddam Hussein" from a focus on the threat from Iran.

POLITICS: Israel Warned US Not to Invade Iraq after 9/11
Maybe the real reason was Israel feared attack from Iran far more than Iraq because they have military capabilities far surpassing the Iraqi army. Seems only the smart move to try and have the real threat taken out instead of the "no threat"

Old 06-30-2008, 12:32 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Actually Israel and Iran got along swimmingly during the Shah years. As for who is threatening who, Iran arms Hezbollah who causes mayhem in both Lebanon and Israel. Israel has no designs on Iran except in stopping their ABombs. Indeed Iran is thousands of miles from Israel. The only reason they have any dispute whatsoever is because Iran is run by xenophobic, Islamic nutcases. Iran is far away and not even Arab.

I was unaware that we were doing any fighting for Israel. Even a casual glance at history shows their military easily overwhelms Arab armies time and time again. I'd love to see the Iranian Air Force take on the Israeli Air Force. The Israelis will blow them out of the sky with their eyes closed.
Oh, and I suppose you think that a very young Israel just magically had all these superior weapons when they established their new country. The US is fighting for them anytime we get involved in conflicts with their enemies. We are their little guard dogs, going after perceived threats so that they can maintain this ridiculous ruse that they are God's chosen people. We have supplied them with weapons, money, and technology since their reformation. I'd say the US is definitely doing their fair share of helping and fighting for the Israelis.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:35 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
Remember Iraq? All lies
To go into Iran, they're cooking up lies right now.
Iran is not Iraq, Iran can defend itself.
If Iran sees the attack coming they can launch a full strike against Israel and wipe out they're nuclear arsenal.
Either way the middle east will become a fireball, and be the start of ww3, a war in which the U.S. will lose, and will no longer be a super power. Mark my words. The U.S. should do everything to gain peace now, including Air Force One landing in Iran with a full closed door pow wow. This will not happen though, the warmongers are drumming again, and wont stop until they destroy our economy/world.

When I ask the Question "why do we back israel and give them so much aid" I have never once got an intelligent reply from anyone-ever.
The reason we support Israel is that they help us protect our interest in the Mid East. For the Israeli’s their survival is at stake. Iran has had every opportunity to defuse this situation and has refused. Iraq also had the opportunity to negotiate and refused. This will not be the start of WWIII, it will be the complete inhalation of Iran. The tough talk from the Iranians will have no more affect on the outcome as Sadam's misplaced bravado

Old 06-30-2008, 12:39 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The reason we support Israel is that they help us protect our interest in the Mid East.
Bingo!

We should be trying as hard as we can to politically take their gov. out in Iran. After all the majority of the people there do not support the ideas of the few in leadership. It would be easy to start a propaganda campaign.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:45 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
Really?

How have they protected our interests?

Old 06-30-2008, 12:47 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I really hope all you warmongers are going to sign up as for the infantry when we invade Iran.

We have no business in IRAN at all. We should give up the remaining vestige of our empire and just get out of the entire region. Israel can defend its own interests and if it cannot survive without our weapons and guarantees. So be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies