Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 09:56 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Did all you people read a different article than the rest of us? Did you not notice that this person killed two people w/his shotgun? Yep, that's murder by definition. What exactly do you define murder as?
Apparently you missed the two post with the law.

How is anyone arguing for the criminals?

Ohhh....I didn't put two in two together....you guys must be defense attorneys just practicing. Your losing the case......matter of fact it was throw out of court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 09:59 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Man, it is a sick sick world when people don't define murder as someone shooting two other people. Y'all have nice dreams w/your shotguns under your pillows.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,120 times
Thumbs up I would have never left out my home to kill 2 people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
only issue being, it was his neighbor's house, they weren't threatening anybody, and were running away. I don't know the law in tx but was under the impression you are free to shoot anyone who steps foot into your home uninvited...but the neighbor's?

What if a mistake had been made? Now a couple of illegals have grounds to sue this guy; he was overzealous if you ask me (which you didn't)...

I have only read the synopsis above.

Not knowing the details of the situation, on the surface, i think it looks like he acted irresponsibly. Jmo
he should have let the enforcement of the law handle this matter!!!!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Man, it is a sick sick world when people don't define murder as someone shooting two other people. Y'all have nice dreams w/your shotguns under your pillows.

.....in the commission of a crime. How convenient that keeps getting left out.

I hope it's safe where your at.....it's not that way everywhere. You might be able to avoid crime in WI....there are places where it's unavoidable.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
.....in the commission of a crime. How convenient that keeps getting left out.

I hope it's safe where your at.....it's not that way everywhere. You might be able to avoid crime in WI....there are places where it's unavoidable.
And again, the crime was not being committed to or against him, he took it upon himself to become the law. Sad that most people are justifying his actions, says alot about how this country has become.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedeaux View Post
he should have let the enforcement of the law handle this matter!!!!
Citizens on Patrol. He was enforcing the laws.

I would almost bet the people willing to argue for the criminals have never actually been involved in a crime of this magnitude. It's no walk in the park and far from fun.....and it happens quick and adrenaline is pumping. let's just hope no one has to go through it but if you do you better be pro active. I was.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Citizens on Patrol. He was enforcing the laws.

I would almost bet the people willing to argue for the criminals have never actually been involved in a crime of this magnitude. It's no walk in the park and far from fun.....and it happens quick and adrenaline is pumping. let's just hope no one has to go through it but if you do you better be pro active. I was.
Please save your assumptions, no one is arguing for the criminals, it just always comes down to that, doesn't it? When you can't open your brain & understand what people are talking about, you accuse them of siding w/the criminals, terrorists, whomever. Small minded people w/small minded rhetoric.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Please save your assumptions, no one is arguing for the criminals, it just always comes down to that, doesn't it? When you can't open your brain & understand what people are talking about, you accuse them of siding w/the criminals, terrorists, whomever. Small minded people w/small minded rhetoric.

I didn't insult you why do you attempt to insult me?

Please inform me then what are you arguing for? Who are you arguing for?

What part of any of my statements has been closed minded. The law is the law. You are arguing in fact for two career criminals one of which had a been deported and made his way back illegally and you are arguing against the retired 72 year old grandfather.

In a more open minded discussion adults don't insult each other in conversations.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:18 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times
Quote:
Excuse me people, could you please replace your redneck stupid hat & put on your rational thinking hat? Did you not at least perhaps READ the article? How you can turn this into a political issue is simply beyond me, but this is a forum where no one has anything better to do than spout redneck rhetoric, so I really shouldn't be surprised. Back to my point, the point is some guy shot & killed 2 people who were robbing, not HIS house, but his neighbor's house...two people who weren't even armed, were not threatening him & were in fact not even facing him when he shot them. Where in his story-telling was there ever any threat to him? None, he said he felt threatened???? How I wonder? He's the hick w/the shotgun, both barrels blazing, this person has no logic & got away w/murder. But then again, it happened in Texas where idiocy is rewarded. Maybe all of you should move there??? Start your own little redneck nation, yeah? Interesting that you can even justify this idiotic actions, actually not interesting more like pathetic.

I actually followed this story before it came to this forum and was aware of the situtation. The logic is I wish I had more neighbors like him since I know our community would be safer and less crime. Every person who tries to steal from someone and enters a home that is not theirs should know they will get shot and killed... I bet you alot less crime in that town.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:23 PM

The facts are he shoot them in commission of a crime. Best guess since he's 72 and not in jail is he would not have shoot them if they were just walking down the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies