Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 03:07 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Ironic. I guess it's difficult being accountable for your own words rather than inserting words into the mouths of others. Pity... Even more pitiful is when you equate verbatim to 'verbal gymnastics'.
I take it this means you have no remaining argument to make? I guess that's game, set, match.

Try to put up a better fight next time.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:28 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,697 times
I never had an argument to begin with. Do try to keep up... I know English is tough.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:37 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Wes Clark and Merrill McPeak...proof positive that Obama doesn't have a clue about the US military! He has picked two of the most embarassing general officers of recent memory and thinks they are going to drawl him the military vote.

The truth of the matter is that anyone who is in or was in the military and who knows Clark or McPeak will never support anyone they endorse.

By the way, Tekki-Maki, you joke about McCain only being an O-3 when he left the Navy (which is not true, he left the Navy as an O-6 Captain); but your "hero" Jon Soltz was only a captain in the Army (O-3). Doesn't lend much to his credibility, does it? And you need to do a little research on McCain's time as a POW. He endured a program of severe torture by the hands of the North Vietnamese and was held captive for five and a half years. That alone has garnered him great respect from those in uniform. He was also awarded the Silver Star, Legion of Merit, Distinguished Flying Cross, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Meritorious Service Medal, Air Medal, Navy Commendation Medal, Combat Action Ribbon, Prisoner of War Medal plus numerous other decorations. Many of those you don't get sitting behind a desk. Trust me, they are earned.

I may not agree with all of what he does politically; but I still deeply respect the sacrifices he made in the service of this country. You should too...

Cheers! M2

Old 07-01-2008, 03:53 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
those two will, unfortunately, provide the uninformed with an image that obama has some sort of military clout. That's his MO and somehow it works. It's seriously frustrating...

Old 07-01-2008, 03:56 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,478 times
Default Getting captured?

I was hit by a car once when I was seven. Does this event qualify me to be President? If not then I'd like to know how getting shot down over enemy territory and taken prisoner makes someone more qualified to be President. If Obama is somehow less qualified because he was never shot down and taken prisoner then McCain should be disqualified from being President for running out like a rat on his first wife Carol after she had had a terrible car accident that left her disabled for life. You tell me who has more character.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:59 PM

47 posts, read 124,536 times
I think Wes's comments are spot on. Granted, McCain deserves credit for his service. But, just because he served does not mean he gets a free pass as being qualified for CinC. JMc wasn't a high ranking officer with a lot of power and responsibility. Being a prisoner of war, also shouldn't give unquestioned credibility. Yes, in the old days, serving in the military was almost a prerequisite before serving in the highest offices of our government. However, these days it's more who you know and who can help you get elected. Where were all you screaming heads when georgeB was questioning and downplaying the service of JMc and JKerry? georgeB ran off and was helping on one of his dads cronies political campaign while he was supposed to be serving his country.

One thing that's always irked me about JMc is how he joked (arrogance) at the Naval Academy graduation ceremony that he was at the bottom of his class, not a very good student, but look where he is now. Flying jet fighters is a priviledge given only to those at the top of the class, did JMc get preferential treatment because of his dad and grandfathers status, just like georgeB? I'm sure there were more than a few cadets that thought so. This was a slap in their face.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
I was hit by a car once when I was seven. Does this event qualify me to be President? If not then I'd like to know how getting shot down over enemy territory and taken prisoner makes someone more qualified to be President. If Obama is somehow less qualified because he was never shot down and taken prisoner then McCain should be disqualified from being President for running out like a rat on his first wife Carol after she had had a terrible car accident that left her disabled for life. You tell me who has more character.
PLEASE look into that and you will find you've been swindled, like millions of other uninformed believers in change.... that story is older than dirt and 100% false. His ex-wife even said it's false.. knowledge.. it's more than a word in a dictionary

edit- read aqui it's even from a lefty rag
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF-24 View Post
I think Wes's comments are spot on. Granted, McCain deserves credit for his service. But, just because he served does not mean he gets a free pass as being qualified for CinC. JMc wasn't a high ranking officer with a lot of power and responsibility. Being a prisoner of war, also shouldn't give unquestioned credibility. Yes, in the old days, serving in the military was almost a prerequisite before serving in the highest offices of our government. However, these days it's more who you know and who can help you get elected. Where were all you screaming heads when georgeB was questioning and downplaying the service of JMc and JKerry? georgeB ran off and was helping on one of his dads cronies political campaign while he was supposed to be serving his country.

One thing that's always irked me about JMc is how he joked (arrogance) at the Naval Academy graduation ceremony that he was at the bottom of his class, not a very good student, but look where he is now. Flying jet fighters is a priviledge given only to those at the top of the class, did JMc get preferential treatment because of his dad and grandfathers status, just like georgeB? I'm sure there were more than a few cadets that thought so. This was a slap in their face.
obama never served.. score is still 0-1 in McCains favor..

Last edited by rd2007; 07-01-2008 at 04:12 PM..

Old 07-01-2008, 04:12 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,478 times
Default Got proof?

PLEASE look into that and you will find you've been swindled, like millions of other uninformed believers in change.... that story is older than dirt and 100% false. His ex-wife even said it's false.. knowledge.. it's more than a word in a dictionary.

You got any proof to backup that assertion? It is well documented that John McCain abandoned his first wife because she didn't fit in with his idea of the future. The millionairess Cindy, nineteen years McCain's junior, was much more appealing than his older, disabled previous wife. That to me is a rat. Plain and simple.

The wife John McCain callously left behind | Mail Online

Old 07-01-2008, 04:13 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
John McCain has spent more time in a prisoner of war camp in Vietnam that Obama has in the Senate...PLEASE share with me HIS qualifications to be president...because he is black????

Old 07-01-2008, 04:14 PM

read my edit..

there are thousands of stories that belch the same garbage, though. It all started from a daily mail hack job.. but hey, that's what you get when you go to a tabloid for your news..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies