Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:03 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,325,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
actually I think we would create less lasting hatred for us by using commando methods.Go get them,get out.Don't try and change a whole nation,it won't work but by just eliminating the immediate threat it sends a clear meassge to future foes.
I'm not a fan of violence. But I think I could agree with that. Thsi has just gotten way way out of hand. If Iraqi's haven't changed to a "paycheck-blowing-at-wal-mart" democracy after almost 100,000 deaths, maybe democracy isn't going to take with a gun to their head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 12:05 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,325,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Hey, we've only had six-and-a-half years, give us a break.
Maybe if he owed the government some money they would catch him faster. If I owed $50 they would be at my door in a week.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:19 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
actually I think we would create less lasting hatred for us by using commando methods.Go get them,get out.Don't try and change a whole nation,it won't work but by just eliminating the immediate threat it sends a clear meassge to future foes.
Exactly what I said even BEFORE the invasion. Want to take out a dangerous lunatic, who's apparently capable of incinerating the whole region, and probably will, at his discretion? Is he also raping, oppressing, and murdering his own populace in distressing numbers?

FINE !...by all means, go get him....and then LEAVE. Forget the "bringing democracy to the good men and women"...etc etc etc. If these 'good folks' want democracy, they can install it. If they want help, they can request it.

What WE wanted, was to get rid of Saddam. That's what we should have done. Period.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:36 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,187 times
Find Bin Laden?

He lives in Hollywood doesn't he?

Old 07-01-2008, 01:11 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
surgical strikes are what works with terrorism, not cumbersome military arrangements. Is this not what special forces were made for in the first place?

Old 07-01-2008, 02:21 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
I'm amazed that this did not get more play this winter. Maybe Butto was assinanted since she knew too much about Bin Laden (spoiling W's boogeyman):

Benazir Butto Said Bin Laden Is Dead..And You Still Trust The BBC ...Jan 14, 2008 ... Original clip... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMiuF...eature=related .
forums.techguy.org/civilized-debate/671696-benazir-butto-said-bin-laden.html - 86k

Old 07-01-2008, 06:43 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times
Quote:
leaders do not want to see other leaders assassinated because then the it becomes more likely that they will be killed, Much better to send the great hoards of the unwashed out to fight the battle while the king sits in his counting house counting out his gold.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:17 PM

229 posts, read 347,978 times
Quote:
I agree. Plus, it demonstrates that their leader is not invincible. I find it sad and disgusting that Bin Laden was already allowed to get away. If a US citizen killed one person, would the search for the killer ever stop, especially when we knew their identity? But kill thousands and it is okay? What kind of hypocrasy is that? I do not believe in vast and all-inclusive conspiracy theories, but this stinks somewhat that he was within their grasp and they chose to let him go.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:42 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
So much for going anywhere anytime to catch the mastermind of the greatest terror attack in the US. I often think they are afraid to catch him for fear he knows too much about the Saudi relationship with the US government.

Its possible we never truly wanted to catch him .

Old 08-10-2008, 05:49 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
surgical strikes are what works with terrorism, not cumbersome military arrangements. Is this not what special forces were made for in the first place?

Yes but SF has lost the element of surprise its been 6 yrs lol . Beards ,tans and all they stand out like sore thumbs in the area.

They have done all they could .
If Osama is in the Afghanistan mts or Pakistan pro Osama area any outsider coming is a dead man .

They have outposts with radio contact ,etc . SF wont catch him and again he can just as easily be in another area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies