Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 06:55 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times

Advertisements

John Batchelor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 06:58 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Mark Levin

Old 06-18-2010, 07:03 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Mark Levin
He's good, isn't he. Not only entertaining but very knowledgeable and smart.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:10 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I also love Walter Williams..so entertaining and so knowledgable about economics.
My problem with Hannity, who is very sincere, is that he never listens or lets anyone who disagrees with him finish a sentance.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Thought this would be fun since there is a thread going about liberal radio hosts.

I like the following (in order):

Dennis Prager - Brilliant. I wish someone from the left would debate him about ANYTHING. (Particularly dream about him debating Al Gore about global warming....to bad Gore is such a chicken he will debate nobody as he has proclaimed the debate is OVER!) Prager such an intelligent, thoughtful person. (He and Mark Steyn are the 2 smartest people in the media today, IMHO. Nobody wants to debate these two for good reason.)

Michael Medved - very good debater. Smart and fun to listen to. His holiday shows about historic events are just fantastic.

Laura Ingraham - smart and funny. She does harp sometimes. Nothing to do with her being a woman....she just keeps repeating the same points too much.

Rush Limbaugh - Just started listening to him recently. No wonder this guy has such a following. He is REALLY good at what he does. He rarely comes off as mean spirited...an amazing ability. That guy that does the song parodies is soooooooooooo funny. Funnier than anything I've seen on the Colbert show. Way funnier.

Sean Hannity - I have given this guy a lot of chances to win me over and finally in the last couple of months he has. I give him credit for the Rev Wright expose. What I didn't like about him....simplistic and repetitive....got this story about Wright out and this may be the one thing that eventually does Obama in. Also, he is very pro-American and while I once thought this was an act, I have changed my opinion and think he is 100% genuine....and he is very polite to people that call in and disagree with him.

Dennis Miller - Love his humour. He does get a bit obscure with the pop culture references, but I still like him a lot. He's always polite to even the wackiest of the left wing wack-a-doodles.

Hugh Hewitt - a bit dry, but the guests are pretty good.

I've tried listening to Savage and what I took away was "this is a routine". Same with Glen Beck...and who is the guy who is always kind of outraged? Darn, can't remember his name, he's on during the night. Neil Boortz? I guess that's the name. All that angst turns me off.

I do listen to the left side of the dial. I love to hear exactly what the oppostion is thinking. I even agree with a few things I hear, though it's rare. For instance, I heard, I think it was Sam Sedar (sp?) talking about how Bill O'Reilly was despicable because he was blaming that teenager that had been kidnapped by the pedophile guy...saying he COULD have run away. I thought that was disgusting and I agreed with Sedar.

I can't say I think any are "good" but Maddow sounds intelligent and has a pleasant voice. Mike Malloy is a total lunatic, he is going to burst a blood vessel from that silly outrage routine.

Oh, and Kennedy (don't recall his first name)....that voice. Ughghghgh. If you can get past that horrid voice and actually listen to his content you will just be amazed. Boy is he pushing victim hood.

Ed Schultz has a pretty good radio persona, but he doesn't say much. Guess he and Randi Rhodes are the stars of lib radio. That's not much star power.

Liberal radio is not very entertaining...bottom line. Randi Rhodes gets an e for effort but she is such a mean spirited harpy it is hard to listen to her. When Al Franken was on, I would listen because I just couldn't believe how unbelievably sh*tty his show was and his attempts at humour were down right embarrassing.

The thing I really think is lacking (other than real talent) in left wing political radio is that they rarely have the opposition on and even RARER do they take calls from the other side of the fence. I've heard Randi Rhodes say that it's because "they" control the air waves so they won't give them any more time....but this makes for boring radio...and it makes them look like HUGE CHICKENS.

What about you guys? Who do you like?
I don't listen to talk shows that much, like I didn't in my commuting days, but I would probably say Hannitty and Laura are at the top of my list.

Nita

Old 06-18-2010, 07:25 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Don't care much for talk radio, but I do like Dennis Miller. He woke up and seen the light.
love Dennis!!!

Old 06-18-2010, 07:26 PM

402 posts, read 852,774 times
Default Beck and Hannity

I really like Glenn Beck's show. Hannity's show is really good too, but I haven't got to listen to it much recently because of my schedule.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:05 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
I cannot stand any of them except for Michael Medved who, while conservative, at least lives in the world of reason and reality.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:11 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, Mahi Rushi for sure. He is so funny and as he says knows liberals and their agenda like "every inch of his glorious naked body".

I mentioned before, I have been on his show 3 times. Almost got in wed but couldn't hang on.

I also like Walter E. Williams.
There's a disgusting visual in there somewhere.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:17 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
have you guys heard about Rush's new contract? he just signed untill 2015 for 800,000,000.00!!! holy crap thats alot of money.
It seems he can get a crap load of money for a crap load of crap. Guess that makes him a good "business" man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies