Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:13 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,384,482 times

Advertisements

Seems neither the right nor the left want anything to do with "Neoconservatism" yet both sides use it to their advantage. Whatever it is it is in opposition to democracy. Some of it's elements put it on the left and others put it on the right. It is like fascism in the sense that it is hard to pin down. Rather than an ideology it is more akin to a strategy, IMO. What it is to me is simply corporatism as in when the large corporations and big business control the government through infiltration (ex. Richard Cheney) and with strong and powerful lobbies (ex. banking). These entities place former corporate officers in powerful governmental positions and thus have a large degree of control over the nation. The corporations often use different political parties to represent their interests. Just see who is donating and financing who and you'll see that both Democrats and Republicans (liberals and conservatives if you like) take advantage of the strategy of Neoconservatism which is what has reduced us to a one party two faction form of government. The important fact, to me, is that we the people no longer have the power that was intended for us. We have been duped completely and one example of that is the senseless partisanism we have exhibited over the past three decades and it is growing stronger and weakening more and more the power of people and the Republic is truly in danger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 05:13 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
They are REPUBLICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah in name only! Scratch the surface and look at what they really are, NOT CONSERVATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 05:31 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,191,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Bush is a neo con & so is McCain.
Its difficult to explain but theyre as far from traditional Conservatives as Obama is.
They just give all the breaks & perks to other rich people & corporations instead of welfare & wasteful social projects.
Personally I think they both suck.
McCain is not a neocon by anyone's definition except yours. Of course judging by your other insightful comments, I put your age at maybe 15?

Old 08-06-2008, 06:45 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,384,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
McCain is not a neocon by anyone's definition except yours.
He certainly started out following their line but recently, for his and the rest of the nation well being, he's backed away from the present Neo-Con administration. I heard that it was McCain who preferred not to have Cheney at the convention. I don't know if that is true but if it is it was a intelligent move by McCain and his people.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:47 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Nice. You refuse to read the books I listed and absent any knowledge, make an absurd claim that's patently false. No wonder the US is going nowhere.
I'm not sure what your problem is, but allow me to remove my tongue from my cheek for a moment.

Ok, now we're serious. The US may be going down, but...

http://www.darrelplant.com/images/bu...dle_finger.jpg

...The finger is going up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies