Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 10:25 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,891,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But this was the thing. Nelson Mandela was trying to keep the nation together during his rule. He even held the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. Once he stepped down, then things got really bad.

And I resent the idea of "smarter Blacks". How do we know some so-called "smarter Blacks" didn't stay behind and try to help?

And what did any of this have to do with how Blacks were treated under colonialism?
Most "smart" people; IF they see things getting ready to go down real bad like some Jews during Hitler, they'll try to either low real low or get OUT. Same thing when I said "smarter Blacks"; many of them IMHO saw what Mugabe and his pals were up to and decided to follow the white people out because those Blacks would probably be hated for doing well in life when Zim and so on were still colonies.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:32 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,207,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No, I am not happy about Zimbabwe starving. No, I am not happy about Mugabe. He is a dictator. However, I also know colonialism was basically a dictatorship as well. Any benefits that Africans got from colonialism, they were secondary. Zimbabwe was set up for the locals to basically be dependent. Whites were given the lion's share of the land, and often the best land. Whites were permitted to live in the cities. Blacks, however, were not given such privileges. Blacks, though they made up the majority, were given the worst land, and they were told where they could and could not live. They were told where they could own land. Blacks who wanted to live in the urban areas could only live in the townships. And most Blacks didn't own land. Being able to vote was based on land ownership. Most Blacks could not vote as a result.
And instead of learning from the whites, the blacks went on an orgy of killing. The farms went to crap. The country starved. So their "revolution" started their slide into becoming dependent on whites but only outside of their borders. So, yeah, they had the land. But they made it worthless.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:48 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,164,035 times
Sad...but karma is real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed tho many places in "Black" Africa have gone off the rails with NO European help like Rwanda.
African nations (meaning their own civilizations) were fine prior to European occupation. Like on any other continent, groups did conquer each other and establish larger territory. But there was no need for European "help."

Old 06-12-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
I'm aware of that. Zimbabwe is the former country of Rhodesia. Both were formed by Europeans. The way South Africa is heading, in terms of whites being institutionally discriminated against, it's any wonder if South Africa will turn out like Rhodesia.
And that is a major reason why it is in its current state...

Old 06-12-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Sad...but karma is real.

African nations (meaning their own civilizations) were fine prior to European occupation. Like on any other continent, groups did conquer each other and establish larger territory. But there was no need for European "help."
Uh; watch that "karma" thing please. Looking at OUR "Black" hood rats here in the US not doing the right things in life; things COULD get real ugly against ALL Black people real fast.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
And that is a major reason why it is in its current state...
Just excuses IMHO. IF the "white" people were still there controlling things in 2013; I'd agree. It's been "Black" people running things for about 20 years now; let the pissed off "common people" take it out with them.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Uh; watch that "karma" thing please. Looking at OUR "Black" hood rats here in the US not doing the right things in life; things COULD get real ugly against ALL Black people real fast.
It's true...it is karma. No one is rejoicing about it, but such things do occur.

Stop being small minded. Perhaps if they were not simply "black" and had knowledge of their ethnic groups, names, languages, traditional religions...instead of all of that being ripped from them and being a thing of the past, they wouldn't be hood rats. What's UGLY is the downward spiral of many ethnic groups who were forced to "become black." That was bound to happen to some of them.

LOL@ could get real ugly against ALL black people, as if that hasn't already happened. That's why you form your mouth to state the same.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Just excuses IMHO. IF the "white" people were still there controlling things in 2013; I'd agree. It's been "Black" people running things for about 20 years now; let the pissed off "common people" take it out with them.
Get your head out of racial ideas for once. My comment is not about so-called "black" and "white" people. It's about history. In the vast majority of cases, when outsiders have attempted draw lines for other groups and force their ideas regarding identity on diverse peoples, this is what happens. Open your eyes and look around the world. Thus, my comment about that being the reason why the "nation" being as it is.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:21 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,207,418 times
Quote:
Get your head out of racial ideas for once. My comment is not about so-called "black" and "white." It's about history. In the vast majority of cases, when outsiders attempt draw lines for other groups and force their ideas regarding identity on diverse peoples, this is what happens. Open your eyes and look around the world. Thus, my comment about that being the reason why the "nation" being as it is.
I did open my eyes.

I see starving people who put themselves there.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I did open my eyes.

I see starving people who put themselves there.
Right...because those little starving children across the world put themselves in that position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.