Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2013, 11:33 AM

10,111 posts, read 15,777,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Now that Mugabe has ALL of the marbles, what will he and his merry band of revolutionaries be able to accomplish?

Zimbabwe's last white farmer forced to quit - Telegraph
This is the same mentality as that of many Obama voters, who want to drive all non black businesses out of the ghetto. This ethnic cleansing is the same as what happened in Bosnia but its non PC to challenge Zimbabwe on this since the victims are white Christians instead of Muslims like in Bosnia. And its especially not acceptable to accuse blacks like Mugabe of racism since blacks cannot be racist, not even Wright, Sharpton, Jackson, or Gates. Blacks can only be victims of racism. The only reason George Zimmerman is being accused of racism is because the media at first thought he was white, and now they can't drop these accusations despite finidng out he is HIspanic since that would mean they admit they were wrong in the first place. And the liberal media, just like Pravda and the People's Daily, can never be wrong.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:39 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,504,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
This is the same mentality as that of many Obama voters, who want to drive all non black businesses out of the ghetto. This ethnic cleansing is the same as what happened in Bosnia but its non PC to challenge Zimbabwe on this since the victims are white Christians instead of Muslims like in Bosnia. And its especially not acceptable to accuse blacks like Mugabe of racism since blacks cannot be racist, not even Wright, Sharpton, Jackson, or Gates. Blacks can only be victims of racism. The only reason George Zimmerman is being accused of racism is because the media at first thought he was white, and now they can't drop these accusations despite finidng out he is HIspanic since that would mean they admit they were wrong in the first place. And the liberal media, just like Pravda and the People's Daily, can never be wrong.
Strange that you don't mention the racism or ethnic cleansing in the country prior to independence?

Old 06-16-2013, 11:46 AM

15,072 posts, read 6,106,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Oh please. My husband has been a victim of racism due to being "Hispanic" (non-WASP).

What do you mean "thought" he was "white?" Zimmerman's father is white and his mother is mestiza, generally speaking. In other words, his predominant heritage is European. Secondly, since when can't Hispanics not be racist? There are people in every group that are racist.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:48 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,193,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
What I forgot to mention to Desert was that despite the ills as you see them in SA, the obvious question is why after 57 years is Ghana still in the same boat it was when they gained independence? Zim has had 32 years and SA 19 years and ALL of them are going backward, not forward. It is obvious by looking at the whole continent, time is not a healer of issues nor does it seem to make one iota of difference.

Ultimately, the big wigs in the UK and USA found it more pertinent to elevate puppet governments, pay off a few black folk and reap resources to their content w/o the pesky white entrepreneurship standing in their way and declaring their own independence which is what happened in Rhodesia.

In all cases of Africa, there existed a dichotomy of the haves and have nots and this was primarily on racial lines. When the blacks took over, they simply adopted the Westminster form of governance and the colour of the fat cat changed from white to black. The poor sods on the lower end of the scale reaped ZERO benefits of their new found freedom. This has played out time and again in Africa s they attained independence.

What also has happened in Africa, as the independence moved south, so too did migrants seeking better opportunities. We have blacks here in SA with GEC A levels (equivalent to 1st year university) working as simple labourers as back home there are no opportunities. Opportunities are scarce here too.

SA's population exploded from 47M in 94 to 70M+ today. 3M+ black Zimbabweans work/live here in SA. We have folk from as far north as Somalia.

Where ever the white man was the longest in control, that is where they migrated to. First you had the whites leave b/c of reverse racist doctrines and later the blacks left too. Why is that?

As my generation dies off, things are just gonna get progressively worse. Both my kids want to leave Africa and start afresh in AUS or Canada. Why? There is no future for them here and their future offspring. The residual legacy of the whites only lasts about 15 - 20 years and then it all goes down the crapper. We are at year 19.
You messed up in your first paragraph. Ghana is now a middle economy country and sub-Sahara Africa is the second fastest growing region with one of its largest countries in turmoil.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:50 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,820,361 times
Quote:
Where do you get the idea of poor me? I have no debt, I have a house and two cars paid for and am immune to the system. You seem to think that only whites were employed. No, their have always been blacks employed and paid good salaries. This is why they migrated to come work in the gold mines. Guess what, they still do. Whites did not ascend the ladder simply b/c they were white. You had to earn your way up. What we see today is incompetence and that in itself seems to be a positive thing. I really would have no objection if AA and BEE actually made positive contributions to society, but how much time do we need to give them to become competent?

They are just consumers and add ZERO value to the development of society.

Really - show me one success story in Africa as a nation (Sub Saharan) and I will listen to what you have to say. I have lived here my whole life, I know what I am talking about. I have not just lived in SA.
Botswana. It seems to be getting its act together and it's mostly "Black".

Old 06-16-2013, 11:59 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,193,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Botswana. It seems to be getting its act together and it's mostly "Black".
Imagine what Botswana would look like with out the 90's aids epidemic.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:01 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,504,772 times
Botswana is impressive, but it also only has a population of 2 million.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:04 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,945,685 times
Quote:
Where do you get the idea of poor me? I have no debt, I have a house and two cars paid for and am immune to the system. You seem to think that only whites were employed. No, their have always been blacks employed and paid good salaries. This is why they migrated to come work in the gold mines. Guess what, they still do. Whites did not ascend the ladder simply b/c they were white. You had to earn your way up. What we see today is incompetence and that in itself seems to be a positive thing. I really would have no objection if AA and BEE actually made positive contributions to society, but how much time do we need to give them to become competent?

They are just consumers and add ZERO value to the development of society.

Really - show me one success story in Africa as a nation (Sub Saharan) and I will listen to what you have to say. I have lived here my whole life, I know what I am talking about. I have not just lived in SA.
An obvious example of seeing what one wants to see. The second video clearly illustrated successful Black business owners and entrepreneurs. Again you display your prejudiced and slanted view of reality. So what if Black people could work in mines. Could they live where they chose to live, could their children attend decent schools, were those schools funded and equipped the same as white schools? Did Black children have the same opportunity to become Doctors, Lawyers and politicians??..of course not.

So a miniscule percentage of Black people make decent money and still have to live in the crapholes of apartied and their children indoctrinated into the superiority of white people.
Yet you feign ignorance of the collapse of S.A.
Again, stop the "poor me" crap. This is of your making.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:05 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,201,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Apparently the Zimbabwe leadership believes that living free and independent is better than living prosperous and under someone elses control.
You left out, unstable, destitute, and soon to be in free fall.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:06 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,945,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
You left out, unstable, destitute, and soon to be in free fall.
If that is their choice, so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies