Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 12:52 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Gays are not like blacks...comparing the "gay rights" movement with the civil rights movement and slavery is appalling.
Maybe to you, but not to many. In fact, not to most of the younger generations. It's called enlightment. It's been happening for a while now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 12:59 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times
Quote:
Gays are not like blacks...comparing the "gay rights" movement with the civil rights movement and slavery is appalling.
I know some black people who would disagree with you.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:37 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
Quote:
At the time of the civil rights movements of the 1950s and 1960s there was no slavery. Blacks were treated like second class citizens and were unfairly denied rights others enjoyed. Comparing the gay rights movement with slavery is not fair at all and I agree with you on that, but what gays are enduring today in several legal areas is similar to the civil rights movement. Thankfully, we've forgone the violence of that era. That individuals continue to link slavery to the civil rights movement--two events separated by a century--is the illogical argument here. To reject one group's suffering because it wasn't as bad as another's is just being childish.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:32 AM

1,240 posts, read 3,969,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
It's not just America where "gay ain't okay"

What about this non-sense?

The Clever Atheist: AFA to Heinz "Pull The Mayo Commercial"

All that over Mayo? MAYO?
ROFL @ the Brooklyn Flavor!

Old 07-08-2008, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Oh? For what reason? Are rights different when it comes to gays than when it comes to blacks?

Old 07-08-2008, 07:39 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I love how you liberals throw out some red herring when you have been backed into a corner on religion and homosexuality. The 6,000 year thing was calculated back in the 1920s from geneologies but is open to interpretation, but the Bible couldn't be more clear on sexual immorality. However, I see there is no convincing any of you. You see this wicked soul-damning abomination as something holy and righteous before God, just as the book of Jude says "Christians" would in the latter days. There is nothing thats going to change your mind on this. I will leave you with this - your mind WILL be changed on judgement day. God is not mocked. He expects His children to keep His commandments.

John 14:15: If ye love me, keep my commandments
Sweetie, no one's interested in your gospel, please direct yourself to the religion thread where you'll be more comfortable around your peers.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:47 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,814,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Sweetie, no one's interested in your gospel, please direct yourself to the religion thread where you'll be more comfortable around your peers.
I'd rep you, but CD won't let me.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
I'd rep you, but CD won't let me.
No worries. I just did.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:19 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,868,743 times
Okay, "they" need marriage; if you say so.
I'll stop arguing.
I'm just fed up with the whole issue.
Do what you want, after all.
But pleaaaaaze, once you married, GIVE US A BREAK .
The universe doesn't revolve around "gayness" after all...

Old 07-08-2008, 08:46 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,814,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Okay, "they" need marriage; if you say so.
I'll stop arguing.
I'm just fed up with the whole issue.
Do what you want, after all.
But pleaaaaaze, once you married, GIVE US A BREAK .
The universe doesn't revolve around "gayness" after all...
Mwahaha another one falls in the war of attrition!

P.S. I'm hetero, just because I have a pro-gay stance...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies