Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 02:37 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,291,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
Why can't we all just get along and accept that other people do not desire to live as WE want them to?

This man isn't hurting anyone... and I think it's kind of disrespectful to say those things about another person who has not made it any of their business to attack our lives.
Don't ya know? It's America. Land of the free, the individual. But DIFFERENT is WRONG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 02:50 PM

95 posts, read 59,971 times
Quote:
Why can't we all just get along and accept that other people do not desire to live as WE want them to?

This man isn't hurting anyone... and I think it's kind of disrespectful to say those things about another person who has not made it any of their business to attack our lives.
I completely agree with you, but, if memory serves correct, this woman sought a great deal of publicity throughout this whole procedure of "becoming a man." She was even interviewed on Oprah, which automatically makes for much hype and exposure. She didn't really seek privacy; she desired to share it with the whole world.

In a sense, she opened herself up to analysis and criticism deliberately. I'm not saying that merits the kind of reaction people are giving her, but it's clear she wanted her life to become a public spectacle.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:05 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
The truth is it is all a publicity stunt to make money and it worked well. the media jumped right on it.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:21 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
I am not comfortable with that 'Tranny's' birthing stunt either.......although; provided he/she is an otherwise good parent, who am I to judge?

Old 07-04-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Because they're not like you?
You're not like me, should you be thrown into a mental asylum?
Remember, in the Reagan year, they closed most facilities for the mentally challenged? So you'd probably be living on the streets.

That person is loved by their partner.
Why can't you just accept that?
Good catch there.

My bio 'mother' is a paranoid schizophrenic who should never see the light of day ever again (assuming she is still even alive)------the woman attempted to murder my step mom and was a suspect in a half million dollar arson fire, etc. And; she has been in and out of mental hospitals many times.

Bottom line: unlike our Tranny here; egg donor is a menace to society.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:32 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
yeah, but reality is that it's a mutilated woman. I am a man, and I can't give birth.
I feel like the media should not be touting this as a man giving birth. Other than that, I don't care. But that one simple claim makes it sound as if man has overcame God or nature or whatever you want to call it and brought about this evolutionary change. It was still a woman who gave birth to the child, no matter how much surgery or how many hormones she may have taken. Then again, I am sure the publicity would not have been at anywhere near the same level without the catchy headline. Capitalism at its finest!

Old 07-04-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I feel like the media should not be touting this as a man giving birth. Other than that, I don't care. But that one simple claim makes it sound as if man has overcame God or nature or whatever you want to call it and brought about this evolutionary change. It was still a woman who gave birth to the child, no matter how much surgery or how many hormones she may have taken. Then again, I am sure the publicity would not have been at anywhere near the same level without the catchy headline. Capitalism at its finest!
I tend to agree with your post

An actress out of the 1980's who had a double mastectomy due to breast cancer at age 38 or thereabouts got pregnant (probably naturally) @ age 40 and gave birth--------I would not have the nerve to call her 'mutilated'

Old 07-04-2008, 03:46 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
I hate the fact that they keep saying its a man giving birth. Technically she is not a man she doesn't have the chromosomes , insides or outsides of a man.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:48 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,291,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I hate the fact that they keep saying its a man giving birth. Technically she is not a man she doesn't have the chromosomes , insides or outsides of a man.
It is common to refer to those who believe they were born in the wrong body to refer to the person as the gender they LIVE. The gender they believe is appropriate and how they present themselves.

It is considered rude to insist on calling a MTF transsexual "He" or a FTM transsexual "She".

People do it all the time, but it is generally considered rude and disrespectful.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:49 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
I didn't say anyone was hurting anyone. I am saying, this isn't a man. it's quite simple. unless you are a seahorse, men don't give birth.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies