Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:29 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,291,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
Not exactly. I can explain mixing something in a petrie dish. I cannot calmly explain how a "man" can have the same organs as a "woman". I would have no problem with the situation if (s)he had let the wife have the child. Why did (s)he have to do it other than for the attention????
The wife could NOT carry the child. She had a hysterectomy years ago. They wanted to have a child together but it was physically impossible for the wife.

As for the explanation, how hard could it be? Once a child is old enough to understand basic things about biology, seems pretty easy to explain...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 02:37 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,869,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
The wife could NOT carry the child. She had a hysterectomy years ago. They wanted to have a child together but it was physically impossible for the wife.

As for the explanation, how hard could it be? Once a child is old enough to understand basic things about biology, seems pretty easy to explain...
When they are old enough, it's one thing. But kids hear stuff much earlier than I did. I had no clue what sex was at 8 but I just had the first of what I'm sure will be many talks with my son about sex a couple weeks ago. I don't want to explain this, how's that? This is not something I will ever understand so I don't want to try to explain it to my son. Sue me.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:39 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
Explaining sex is one thing. Explaining some kind of gender-bending mutation just because a person feels like being on Oprah and Drudge Report for 8 weeks in a row is another.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:44 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Explaining sex is one thing. Explaining some kind of gender-bending mutation just because a person feels like being on Oprah and Drudge Report for 8 weeks in a row is another.
Not to mention on this forum.

Every time I see this thread's title, I cringe.

Come on, people. Wake up and smell the petunias.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:44 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,869,760 times
Quote:
Tried to rep you but I have to spread it around! You said exactly what I'm thinking!

Old 07-07-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
When they are old enough, it's one thing. But kids hear stuff much earlier than I did. I had no clue what sex was at 8 but I just had the first of what I'm sure will be many talks with my son about sex a couple weeks ago. I don't want to explain this, how's that? This is not something I will ever understand so I don't want to try to explain it to my son. Sue me.
Well no one says you HAVE to explain anything. How about the old "I'll explain it when you're older" line so many parents of my generation tossed out?

I was just pointing out that it isn't HARD to explain if you and your kid have a basic understanding of biology.

I didn't want to explain to my (then) 9 year old why the condoms in the condom dispenser in the men's room at Wal Mart came in FLAVORS... thanks, Wal Mart, for putting these in kid's view. And no, he wasn't in there alone.. his older brother (14) took him to the restroom. But it happened, and I explained as best as I could, and he's not forever scarred. It's part of being a parent.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Your kids watch these shows? I don't know many kids interested in either.

I monitor my children's television access. Novel concept.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:05 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
Okay, time for the ignore list; you are just too in-your-face for my taste.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Okay, time for the ignore list; you are just too in-your-face for my taste.
Too in-your-face. That's funny.

I find it really funny how people here on CD put their ideas out there then don't want anyone questioning them or drawing attention to inconsistencies or asking them in any way to explain their remarks. If that's what you want, why not just surround yourself with people who agree with you, or sit around talking to the mirror all day?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:16 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
it's easy to explain it to a child. show them south park. mr. garrison was gay, but decided to have a sex change so he could be a "woman" and date a man without being labeled gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies