Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 05:52 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
*chuckle* If we are going to get that picky, much of histories "actual days" did not happen on the day claimed today. Its merely a matter of principal. Pick a day and if you truly mean it, it doesn't matter which day it actually happened.
That's true.

But I'm still glad we're sure about the date of Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 05:56 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
are you trying to tell me that jesus didn't rise from the grave on a rotating sunday during the spring? was santa claus really born on december 25th?

Quote:
*chuckle* If we are going to get that picky, much of histories "actual days" did not happen on the day claimed today. Its merely a matter of principal. Pick a day and if you truly mean it, it doesn't matter which day it actually happened.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:57 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
That's true.

But I'm still glad we're sure about the date of Christmas.
*chuckle* That day is in question as well due to calender changes and the intent of the Catholic church to suppress the pagans. Personally, the date matters not, the intent is everything.

Take a billion people and have them celebrate on the correct day with no care to the reason and it means nothing compared to that of a single person who celebrates on the incorrect day for the right reason.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Take a billion people and have them celebrate on the correct day with no care to the reason and it means nothing compared to that of a single person who celebrates on the incorrect day for the right reason.
A lovely sentiment. Reps to you.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:00 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
are you trying to tell me that jesus didn't rise from the grave on a rotating sunday during the spring? was santa claus really born on december 25th?
I am telling you that no, he did not according to the calender and the changes made. That matters not.

Here is some tidbit of information concerning the day of worship. The sabbath is on the 7th day, that day is actually Saturday by calendar accords. Many Christians worship on Sunday because they believe that to be the day Christ arose from the grave. The day matters not, the intention and purpose matters more.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
It's my daughter's birthday. 21 today! That has always been reason to celebrate in my family. But seriously, why not celebrate our independence? For all those of you who like to compare us (unfavorably) to other countries, I have been in Canada on Canada Day (July 1) and they celebrate much as we do three days later.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:01 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
It's all a scam by the Chinese to sell more fireworks and the farmers to sell watermelons.

The 4th would have died along time ago if marching bands had something better to do that day.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:05 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It's all a scam by the Chinese to sell more fireworks and the farmers to sell watermelons.

The 4th would have died along time ago if marching bands had something better to do that day.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:22 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
Yeah, one of those days happens to be the supposed birthday of Christ. It is pretty well known that no one actually knows when he was born. His birth has been celebrated over the last two thousand years on several different days but we have pretty much settled on Dec. 25th. But that is fine with me because no matter if it is in December or June, it is one of my favorite times of the year. The fellowship and family time is great, especially in this day and age when time together is harder and harder to come across.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

You are a cynical, cynical man, Rakin.

But you made me chuckle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies