Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 09:53 PM

10,204 posts, read 15,907,585 times

Advertisements

I work in a pharmacy in Maryland as a technician and I believe the laws here are that while the pharmacist can refuse to dispense Plan B to a customer, a technician cannot really refuse to ring up the customer, though SOME people have told me its actually legal for me to refuse to ring it up and have somebody else do it.

I rang up a guy getting Plan B today for his girlfriend ( I think he's too young to be married, he was born in 1989, 4 years younger than me) after the pharmacist had counseled this person and what he should tell the girl of his. I still feel bad, like I helped this unknown girl kill her baby. I hate the thought of being a baby killer like Barack Obama or the other Democrats or those people in Planned Parenthood. IN one of his books, bestselling novelist Tim LaHaye writes that people working for Planned Parenthood actually wish for large numbers of unplanned pregnancies because their livelihoods depend on it which makes a lot of sense whole you think of it.

Fortunately I wasn't the one to serve these two sluts who came later to get Plan B. They were laughing and all with each and by the way they were dressed you could tell they were sluts and whores. They would fit in well working as Hooters girls or stewardesses that was their type and to them there was no seriousness about getting Plan B. And they were like giddy the whole time. This thoroughly disgusted me. Those girls looked no older than 21, maybe even 18-19. They're obviously not married. So its like wow, hey, guess what I hooked up with some guy last night I need plan B, my rich liberal East Coast daddy's gonna pay for it.

First of all its debatable if Plan B really is an abortion or not. Pro-life groups believe it is a form of abortion. Besides that however things like emergency contraceptives just promote loose morals in my opinion, liek its okay for girls to just screw around and do whatever. I really think America is in moral decline, especially on the East COast and California and especially in the bigger cities. I know in most of America its perfectly acceptable to say things like "baby killer" but not here on the East Coast. Just like here its not acceptable to say "border jumpers" or "anchor babies".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 09:55 PM

Also, I know that when I have children, I will only teach them abstience education. What the schools teach si their thing but hopefully I will not be living in a radically liberal area when I am raising my own family. I think that moral values are important and that is something that cannot be compromised. If God forbid I have a daughter who gets an abortion or gets pregnant I will disown her no questions asked.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:59 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,005,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I work in a pharmacy in Maryland as a technician and I believe the laws here are that while the pharmacist can refuse to dispense Plan B to a customer, a technician cannot really refuse to ring up the customer, though SOME people have told me its actually legal for me to refuse to ring it up and have somebody else do it.

I rang up a guy getting Plan B today for his girlfriend ( I think he's too young to be married, he was born in 1989, 4 years younger than me) after the pharmacist had counseled this person and what he should tell the girl of his. I still feel bad, like I helped this unknown girl kill her baby. I hate the thought of being a baby killer like Barack Obama or the other Democrats or those people in Planned Parenthood. IN one of his books, bestselling novelist Tim LaHaye writes that people working for Planned Parenthood actually wish for large numbers of unplanned pregnancies because their livelihoods depend on it which makes a lot of sense whole you think of it.

Fortunately I wasn't the one to serve these two sluts who came later to get Plan B. They were laughing and all with each and by the way they were dressed you could tell they were sluts and whores. They would fit in well working as Hooters girls or stewardesses that was their type and to them there was no seriousness about getting Plan B. And they were like giddy the whole time. This thoroughly disgusted me. Those girls looked no older than 21, maybe even 18-19. They're obviously not married. So its like wow, hey, guess what I hooked up with some guy last night I need plan B, my rich liberal East Coast daddy's gonna pay for it.

First of all its debatable if Plan B really is an abortion or not. Pro-life groups believe it is a form of abortion. Besides that however things like emergency contraceptives just promote loose morals in my opinion, liek its okay for girls to just screw around and do whatever. I really think America is in moral decline, especially on the East COast and California and especially in the bigger cities. I know in most of America its perfectly acceptable to say things like "baby killer" but not here on the East Coast. Just like here its not acceptable to say "border jumpers" or "anchor babies".
Sounds like you are in the wrong line of work.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:00 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,633,906 times
Wow.........I hope that this is a prochoicers interpretation of a prolifer, because otherwise ---just, wow.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:04 PM

95 posts, read 59,967 times
Quote:

I hope you find peace.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:06 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,183 times
placebo

Old 07-06-2008, 10:06 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,382,910 times
Plan B pill is not an abortion pill. It simply prevents the egg from being implanted in the uterus. If that has already happened, then well, the pill won't work.

I think Plan B is really smart... you prevent pregnancy from happening. It is not aborting a fetus.

I am surprised that you have to ask this considering that you work in a pharmacy that distributes this.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:07 PM

Arod, as a PHARMACIST, which I'll be studying to be starting in August...I will be able to make the decision to refuse to dispense it as long as I refer the patient to another pharmacy that is willing to do it. Plus I'm looking more into clinical pharmacy and not retail, this job is just for experience in some kind of pharmacy work.

And I am hoping that these things happen outside of the East Coast and California, like down South, in the Midwest or in smaller towns. I like to believe that Middle America has better values.

I actually respect those teen mothers who actually have their baby. You make a mistake you live up to it. You don't take the easy way out by getting an abortion. The baby is innocent . He/she is not responsible. You are the one being a ***** and sleepign around and the baby shoudln't have to pay for your mistakes. I've known girls who say while they know they can put the baby up for adoption (and there are plenty of married ,infertile couples who desperately want a child).

Old 07-06-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
Plan B pill is not an abortion pill. It simply prevents the egg from being implanted in the uterus. If that has already happened, then well, the pill won't work.

I think Plan B is really smart... you prevent pregnancy from happening. It is not aborting a fetus.

I am surprised that you have to ask this considering that you work in a pharmacy that distributes this.
Accoreign to the pharmacist its not really an abortion but wikipedia says some pro-life groups say it is because it might act after fertilization takes place, though not implantation.

But the concept of a morning after pill just promotes uncontrolled sex and loose morals. That is the biggest issue I have with it. At least in my part of the country, religion is less and less important and peopel dont' care about moral values anymore. Parents would buy birth control pills for their daughters going to college instead of just teaching them abstinence. The mentality girls get therefore is that they can just sleep around, hook up with whoever they want to, after all there is "Plan B"...assuming they forget to take their usual birth control pills.

I personally think that moral values are important in how I live my life, how I would like to raise a family in the future, and in how I vote in November.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:16 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,005,473 times
Quote:
Arod, as a PHARMACIST, which I'll be studying to be starting in August...I will be able to make the decision to refuse to dispense it as long as I refer the patient to another pharmacy that is willing to do it. Plus I'm looking more into clinical pharmacy and not retail, this job is just for experience in some kind of pharmacy work.

And I am hoping that these things happen outside of the East Coast and California, like down South, in the Midwest or in smaller towns. I like to believe that Middle America has better values.

I actually respect those teen mothers who actually have their baby. You make a mistake you live up to it. You don't take the easy way out by getting an abortion. The baby is innocent . He/she is not responsible. You are the one being a ***** and sleepign around and the baby shoudln't have to pay for your mistakes. (actually I've only been with one person my whole life and have never been pregnant, but thanks for making snap judgments on everyone anyways) I've known girls who say while they know they can put the baby up for adoption (and there are plenty of married ,infertile couples who desperately want a child).
It's your job to dispense the meds, not give out what you think is "moral advice" to people. You don't know everyone's story, what right do you have to judge them?
As the wife of a physician, I can't imagine DH ever refusing treatment to a patient because he felt that their illness was "their own fault and should now be made to suffer"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies