Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 06:54 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,452,646 times

Advertisements

I am tired of hearing about the poor victimized people who got foreclosed on. Some of these same people leave their poor animals behind to suffer with no food or water. I say these kind of people DESERVE to be foreclosed upon. They never deserved to be homeowners or even parents in the first place. I am tired of people making up excuses for people who were too stupid, quite frequently, and got themselves in over their heads. The thought of abandoning pets makes me LIVID and I only wish the worst upon these irresponsible home buyers and worse yet pet owners. This is sort of a vent, but I am sick of it.

There, I feel better (as I send off a check to the shelter to save the animals). In fact, I am going to call to see about opening my home to more animals. To hell with the carpet, but I am REALLY angry.

I HATE these people.

Last edited by movin'on; 07-11-2008 at 07:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 07:19 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,440,947 times
I can't imagine how ANYONE could leave their animal behind, even without food and water, and I have read that this happens quite often now. If they really can't take their animals with them, they should take them to a shelter.
If I had to live in a tent, I would never abandon my animals like that

forum rules, please read them

Old 07-11-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I can't imagine how ANYONE could leave their animal behind, even without food and water, and I have read that this happens quite often now. If they really can't take their animals with them, they should take them to a shelter.
If I had to live in a tent, I would never abandon my animals like that
The problem is the shelters are full. I don't care. I would take my pet with me and live wherever. My pets are like my kids and I just cannot stand to hear this sort of stuff. This just shows how much value society (doesn't) place on animals. I just got a letter from the SPCA (I'm a member) discussing this and I just want to flip. I figure I can take in maybe four more little dogs and maybe five more cats - not that I want to. Ok, maybe only three and three. It just sickens my heart.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:31 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,007,144 times
Animal abusers are the worst.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:52 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,223 times
Kind of a leap in logic here, no? Some people leave pets behind, so you are tired of hearing about people being foreclosed on? I certainly don't condone abandoning animals, but this phenomenon predates the foreclosure crisis, and occurs independant of it.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:55 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,772 times
We got our Boxer, Hound, Pit mix because some one moved and left him behind. It was raining one night and he was on our deck, we took him in and to this day he is a great dog. We he eats our babies toys it can make me mad but I love him i cant see how anyone would leave him

Old 07-11-2008, 07:56 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,007,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
We got our Boxer, Hound, Pit mix because some one moved and left him behind. It was raining one night and he was on our deck, we took him in and to this day he is a great dog. We he eats our babies toys it can make me mad but I love him i cant see how anyone would leave him
Awww.....that's so sweet

Old 07-11-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Kind of a leap in logic here, no? Some people leave pets behind, so you are tired of hearing about people being foreclosed on? I certainly don't condone abandoning animals, but this phenomenon predates the foreclosure crisis, and occurs independant of it.
It's happening in far greater numbers now. People are leaving their houses behind empty with their pets inside or chained in the back yard, due to increased foreclosures. I maintain those type of people DESERVE to have their house foreclosed on. See, it is part of their "character" or lack thereof. No wimpy excuses.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Awww.....that's so sweet
Double aww. Bless your heart.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:08 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
It's happening in far greater numbers now. People are leaving their houses behind empty with their pets inside or chained in the back yard, supposedly due to increased foreclosures, which is probably true. I maintain those type of people DESERVE to have their house foreclosed on. See, it is part of their "character" or lack thereof. No wimpy excuses.
That is a pretty odd generalization in my mind. I share in your disgust, but my take on the situation is different. I think any person who does as you describe should be criminally charged for the relevent crimes they commit.

I also think that would be fairly easy to accomplish where the occupants were owners, but what about all the occupants who were renters? Do the landlord owners deserve to have been foreclosed upon because their tenants resultingly abandoned animals on the property? I still think this upsetting phenomenon doesn't logically support your conclusion.

Obviously, as we express here, we love our pets dearly. I cannot imagine abandoning my pet, in fact dropped the opportunity to move to Hawaii because I would have to be separated from her for one month to do so.

So imagine what circumstances one would be faced with to result in such abandonment. Perhaps the people you are referring to are facing lock outs, and again, many may not even be owners. I just hate it when people make conclusions without all the relevant and substantiated evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies