Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:36 PM

564 posts, read 815,356 times

Advertisements

Oh man, that's funny. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 08:37 PM

95 posts, read 59,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Not close at all.

Married WOMAN, I don't put stickers on my car (ruins the finish), I own a nice waterfront home and work for big pharma.

You got the liberal part right that was all. Sorry!
That's right, you tell 'em!

Old 07-07-2008, 08:41 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cop View Post
Newtoli is a spell checker and abortion advocate. Go Newtoli!!!
If you would check into the way birth control pills work you would find that a secondary way they work isn't so different. Birth control pills also thicken the mucous present to hinder an egg from affixing AFTER it was fertilized.

Are you guys going to be demand those be taken off the market? What about IUDs?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:44 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
If you would check into the way birth control pills work you would find that a secondary way they work isn't so different. Birth control pills also thicken the mucous present to hinder an egg from affixing AFTER it was fertilized.

Are you guys going to be demand those be taken off the market? What about IUDs?
I guarantee you he is equating Plan B as being equal to RU-486. People don't do their research, they just hear what they want to hear (like liberal pizza boys living in basements )

Old 07-07-2008, 08:48 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I guarantee you he is equating Plan B as being equal to RU-486. People don't do their research, they just hear what they want to hear (like liberal pizza boys living in basements )
Exactly, I completely agree with you.

ig nor ant

Old 07-07-2008, 09:03 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Exactly, I completely agree with you.

ig nor ant
I also concur. Let the fundie live in his imaginary world

Old 07-07-2008, 09:04 PM

95 posts, read 59,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
I also concur. Let the fundie live in his imaginary world
Don't they all?

Old 07-07-2008, 09:10 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
You talk garbage. If these looney pharmacists REALLY lived their faith, they would NOT be judging others "unfit" to have their Rx filled in the first place. I'm holding EVERYONE to one set of standards, i.e., fill the G-D Rx and ****. Got it? I'm not taking anyone's rights from them! The women who need their Plan B Rx filled are the ones having their rights denied them, based on looney religious zealots who think they are allowed to judge others and mete out punishment in the form of not filling the Rx. Your logic is insane, but that's what we've come to expect from the wingnuts on the far right, moral midgets who think they're going to FORCE their beliefs on others.
Wow Mike you sound very judgmental and intolernat now. People who are religious are now "zealots" and "loonies"? Wow! In case you haven't noticed, religion has been growing in this country for the past couple decades, ever since the Reagan years. Even the Christian music and publishing industries have boomed greatly. So Mike from "back east", maybe you should realize that most of America is conservative and holds conservative, traditional values. It may not be the America you are used to, but we are the America that made Left Behind the best selling fiction series in history besides Harry Potter. We're the America that put Ronald Reagan, George Sr Bush and GW Bush into office and may well put John McCain into office in November.

Maybe its you and people like you who are the "zealots" and "extremists".

Old 07-07-2008, 09:12 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
Strange how everyone huffs and puffs about the "implied right to privacy" which was used to rule on Roe v Wade but no one cares about the explicit right spelled out clearly;
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" Somehow in this generation the not "prohibiting the free exercise" has been translated into "Expression of your religious belief is not allowed in public." How this became twisted to mean the opposite of what the constitution says is unbelivable.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:12 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Wow Mike you sound very judgmental and intolernat now. People who are religious are now "zealots" and "loonies"? Wow! In case you haven't noticed, religion has been growing in this country for the past couple decades, ever since the Reagan years. Even the Christian music and publishing industries have boomed greatly. So Mike from "back east", maybe you should realize that most of America is conservative and holds conservative, traditional values. It may not be the America you are used to, but we are the America that made Left Behind the best selling fiction series in history besides Harry Potter. We're the America that put Ronald Reagan, George Sr Bush and GW Bush into office and may well put John McCain into office in November.

Maybe its you and people like you who are the "zealots" and "extremists".
I cannot wait until November. Keep living in fantasyland.

Clifford the Big Red Dog outsells Left Behind (A book, that I, as a non-religious person bought and read because I'm interested in post-apocalyptic fiction).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies