Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:46 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I find it interesting that you just got pwned! How is Tammybruce.com, Fox News? And even if it was, how does that change what you just viewed. So, just to reiterate, you have no actual qualms or arguments with what you just saw(How could you? It is what it is), you just hate the messenger so much you refuse to acknowledge it? Did I get that correct? I find that laughable.

PS. Tammy Bruce is a lesbian. I thought that gave her instant cred amongst the liberal Marxist crowd, or is that only when she agrees with your agenda?
Let's see, what I opened the link, Fox news came up. Doesn't that mean there's a link there somewhere? Just because someone's a lesbian doesn't mean liberals will automatically agree w/their arguments. Who's the laughable one now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
Okay, if that's the case, then let's see some links showing that she's lying?

Or are you just saying the source is affiliated with a TV station you don't like and don't really have a point?

Old 07-09-2008, 09:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
That's funny, isn't Fox a conservative station?
Quote:
I find it interesting that instead of getting your news from an unbiased source, you use Fox News, a laughable & totally biased newsource. You don't see the humor in this?
Please find another news source that discusses the area of ANWR and I'll be happy to consider it. Until then, I'll review the news as it comes and this is the news currently discussing the issue. Its not my fault that liberal news stations dont want to discuss the issue because they dont like the facts.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:57 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post

PS. Tammy Bruce is a lesbian. I thought that gave her instant cred amongst the liberal Marxist crowd, or is that only when she agrees with your agenda?
One of the most ridiculous statements I've read on here.

If a person is straight does that give them instant credibility with you...?

If I don’t agree with somebody, I don’t agree with him or her, gay, straight, bisexual…whatever, a person’s sexual orientation has no bearing on whether I agree with...or disagree, nor does that person have any more credibility.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:04 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post

If I don’t agree with somebody, I don’t agree with him or her, gay, straight, bisexual…whatever, a person’s sexual orientation has no bearing on whether I agree with...or disagree, nor does that person have any more credibility.
Have you ever heard of the term, "tongue in cheek"? Sheesh

Old 07-09-2008, 10:07 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
I find it interesting that instead of getting your news from an unbiased source, you use Fox News, a laughable & totally biased newsource. You don't see the humor in this?
Why not just question the content then. Argue the facts of the issue and then you never have to worry about the source. You can say "Well, see you are wrong because this data says... and the actual data is..."

That way, we get to skip the whole logical fallacy of source tossing. Is this information wrong? I haven't looked it up to verify, you seem to think it is, care to show us why it is wrong? I would be interested to see. (honestly)

Old 07-09-2008, 10:09 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,814,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post

I know Sonrise already commented but it bears repeating.

Have you ever heard of the term, "tongue in cheek"? Sheesh

Lighten up.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:01 AM

272 posts, read 1,002,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
I dont believe drilling will have any impact on the price of oil, long or short term. The oil companies that extract the oil will sell it at the world price for a barrel of oil and not a penny less. The amount will be a small percentage of world supply which the major oil producing countrie will decrease their supply to keep the price up. Ya gotta listen to T. Boone, we've hit peak oil and we aint drilling our way out of this problem
You have no knowledge of the futures market, do you.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:36 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
bryan61[/b] ]
I dont believe drilling will have any impact on the price of oil, long or short term. The oil companies that extract the oil will sell it at the world price for a barrel of oil and not a penny less. The amount will be a small percentage of world supply which the major oil producing countrie will decrease their supply to keep the price up. Ya gotta listen to T. Boone, we've hit peak oil and we aint drilling our way out of this problem

You have no knowledge of the futures market, do you.
No knowledge of oil either.

What's being pumped out of Prudhoe Bay just a stone's throw away?

Um, heavy sour.

Unless you have a hard-on for asphalt, diesel oil or fuel oil, heavy sour is about useless. That's why the US started importing light crude from the Middle East in the 1970s.

The whopping 6 gallons of gasoline per barrel you get from heavy crudes ain't worth the time, especially when you're getting 22 gallons of gasoline per barrel from light crude.

Sure, at great cost and expense, and time, you can squeeze a few more gallons out of the residuum, but it isn't worth it.

All of the oil on the US West Coast is heavy. I guess no one ever heard of California Heavy and I guess no one is aware that the majority of heavy oil refineries are in California.

You can drill in ANWR if you want, but it won't help reduce the price of light or intermediate grade crudes. You can buy heavy and very heavy oils now for $41/barrel to $104/barrel.

Prudhoe Bay has a specific gravity of 28 and a sulfur content of 0.9%.

The specific gravity of whatever is in ANWR has to be 26 >= and =< 30 AND the sulfur content has to be between 0.75% and 1%.

If not, then a whole new pipeline will have to be built and that will take 8-9 years.

The only other possibility would be to create a "blend" sort of like Brent Blend (a blend of oil from 7 oil fields and a nightmare as soon as one of them taps out).

If you create a "Prudhoe Blend" then you can run it through TAPS (Trans-Alaskan Pipeline System), but then that means you'd have to modify all of the refineries and replace the cracking stills, which will cost $Millions and take lots of time, plus reduce the production capacity creating shortages and driving up the price of diesel oil, fuel oil, naphthas, paraffins, tars, bitumens and asphalts (and the paltry bit o' gasoline).

Old 07-09-2008, 11:44 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
I don't really mind drilling, I just think its only delaying tactic for the inevitable.. renewable energy... drill more doesn't "do" anything long term, its a way to avoid the natural evolution of energy sources... I am sure when gasoline was starting to be released people were like... we should use more coal instead of this new thing called "gasoline", so we should mine more coal and not move on to gasoline... that line of thinking is amazing.. drilling more for what? For short term relief? wow, that is such a great move...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies