Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 01:44 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,313,077 times

Advertisements

I think it's about time we got rid of "Men at Work" signs.

I mean, "Down Under" and "Who Can It Be Now" were solid singles, and to have both hit number one on the US charts was a big deal for a little Australian band's first US release (Business as Usual, which went quintuple platinum!), but that was 1982, for crying out loud!

It's time to move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 01:49 AM

20,222 posts, read 19,768,850 times
I guess we'll soon be seeing Procter and Gamble getting sued over their "S p i c 'n Span" products.

Waging a PC war is certainly one way to put a c h i n k in a corporation's financial armor.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:40 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,572,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
LOL. Funny stuff!!! The guy probably never learned what the term "black hole" means. Even his bro, a judge, joined him. No doubt products of Affirmative Action. I am glad the white dude stood up for himself. What would they object to next? Black coffee? Black Monday? Black Friday?
Golly gee, did you know Nostradamus?

Old 07-11-2008, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I guess we'll soon be seeing Procter and Gamble getting sued over their "S p i c 'n Span" products.

Waging a PC war is certainly one way to put a c h i n k in a corporation's financial armor.
Why do you thank that many American based corporations have taken their business "off shore"? PC alert! OP used the derisive term "C h i n k" and I'm just your basic "Whitebread cracker"!

Last edited by Steve Hazzard; 07-11-2008 at 03:46 AM.. Reason: Edit non-PC term!

Old 07-11-2008, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I think it's about time we got rid of "Men at Work" signs.

I mean, "Down Under" and "Who Can It Be Now" were solid singles, and to have both hit number one on the US charts was a big deal for a little Australian band's first US release (Business as Usual, which went quintuple platinum!), but that was 1982, for crying out loud!

It's time to move on.
Ahh..., the "good old days" of "person holes", "personing" (in place of manning) and "braless feminists", if only we could return to those days of relatively quiet insanity!

Old 07-11-2008, 06:06 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,061,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I don't know why they give in to these PC-feminists-freaks.

Well, in one well known instance they "gave in" to feminist "freaks" and gave them (Y O U )the right to vote.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:09 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,061,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Damn, I'm so sick of the PC police and their idiotic BS in the name of "equality" that I'm considering converting to Islam and taking up Sharea Law!

FOXNews.com - Atlanta Stripped of 'Men at Work' Signs After Complaints of Bias - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I guess it would be OK if the signs said "White People at Work"

???????????

Old 07-11-2008, 06:43 AM

20,222 posts, read 19,768,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Why do you thank that many American based corporations have taken their business "off shore"? PC alert! OP used the derisive term "C h i n k" and I'm just your basic "Whitebread cracker"!
Did you notice the spaces between the "bad words". That's the opnly way to avoid them being ****

Old 07-11-2008, 07:13 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,634,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, in one well known instance they "gave in" to feminist "freaks" and gave them (Y O U )the right to vote.
Yes and that is so similar to this situation? Give me a break, to compare the 2 is insulting

Old 07-11-2008, 09:19 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,643,590 times
What's the big deal? Women do all kinds of work now they didn't used to do including work as electricians, line workers, sewer workers, ironworkers, boilermakers, carpenters etc. If they don't want to be referred to as men that's their business and not the business of a bunch of crabby crybabies.

Some things ARE politically correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies