Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 06:26 PM

140 posts, read 562,787 times

Advertisements

That is really pathetic.
I mean I support gay rights to an extent.
But.
This is ridiculous.
To blame the bible on his suffering.
It's pathetic.
Christians can be Christians if they want to.
More and more Christians are becoming more and more tolerant.. at a slow but steady pace; this case is not going to make the "Bible-Thumpers" support you or your community any better than they had; in fact, it will cause more controversy and fighting on both sides.
I think that what this guy has done is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 06:54 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,163 times
This is retarded.

I support gay rights 100%.

I also support the First Amendment 100%.

This is just ridiculous.

You're going to infringe upon somebody's right to free speech because it offends you? Get real.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:05 PM

703 posts, read 1,546,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Yep, another gay thread..........

"Bradley LaShawn Fowler, 39, has filed lawsuits in a Michigan federal court against Zondervan Publishing and Thomas Nelson Publishing, claiming some editions of the Bibles those companies put out call homosexuality sinful, which has led him to suffer discrimination, emotional pain and mental instability........."

The Seeker - A personal and professional quest for truth | Chicago Tribune | Blog
This is flame-bait.

The guy has no legal claim here at all, and I will be surprised if this doesn't get tossed on summary judgment.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:55 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,268 times
I am for gay rights, and I don't care for the bible but this is ridiculous.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:56 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Anybody can file a suit ;it means very little now days.The thing is the groups that suport them should ahve to apy court and l;eagl cost if they don't go to trial. Most just hope that they have insurance and can get a few bucks besides the harrassment factor.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:58 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,521,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I am sure most of our younger generation and people at this forum would rejoice if the Bible was banned as 'hate literature'. We do have freedom of speech and press though in this country. Liberals only support free speech and press when it benefits them.
Maybe if it wasn't inappropriately used as "hate literature" by certain groups so many bright young people wouldn't feel alienated from it.

Time for haters to stop defiling the teachings of Christ.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:10 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
This is just the first of many lawsuits to be run up the flag pole to see if some liberal judge salutes with all the new proposed hate crime legislation. While only an individual is named, I bet there's a whole organization behind him helping him.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:03 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
This is the number one goal of the gay agenda - to stamp out Christianity.
Goal number 196 of the gay agenda is to lobotomize such thoughts at their source. Goal number one is love.

Quote:
Liberals only support free speech and press when it benefits them.
Another in an endless series of frivolous statements that exposes the true nature of your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Perfect example of liberals. Anti freedom, it's what liberals like this are all about.
How would you know what your enemy is "all about"? No liberal I know is opposed to freedom, but they certainly would be opposed to the freedom you use to twist a thing called LOGIC. Liberal: adj., related to liberty.

Quote:
Its a sad day in America when people support banning or editing the Bible to fit their defiled morals, despite the 1st Amendment, yet sex orgies in the street for all the children to see, the more promiscuous the better, are celebrated and encouraged. The wrath of God is falling on America today. We deserve everything we get.
Imagine you read a religious book that said people like you were evil and that what you feel in your heart is tantamount to murder and that you should meet such a fate yourself. Imagine that a preacher uses these terms in a sermon. Imagine that groups of people you don't know would attack you if they found out that you were one of those so disparaged. How can anyone claim that such a religion is based on love when it chooses this language to spread its message? How can such followers of that religion say with a straight face that they hate the sin but love the sinner? And how many of people like you decided the world wasn't right for them and chose to end their life rather than live as a hated person? While I understand the emotions behind the lawsuit, I think it will be for naught. One will never be successful at removing hatred from Christianity. It is one of its touchstones (the others being fear and power) as history clearly has demonstrated.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:11 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,413,020 times
Wow!

Some people are twisted.

Ya know. Theres little doubt in my mind this jerk didn't know what was in that Bible before he looked. Theres little doubt he dont know he isn't normal & theres no doubt that this is a "Poor me" publicity stunt.

Say what you want about Christianity & the Catholic church. But I dare say they do more good & help more folks world wide than this jerk or those that support him.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:18 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,266,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Maybe if it wasn't inappropriately used as "hate literature" by certain groups so many bright young people wouldn't feel alienated from it.

Time for haters to stop defiling the teachings of Christ.
The right to spread hate literature and defile the teachings of Christ is inalienable.

Your right not to accept it and call a spade a spade is also inalienable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies