Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 11:15 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,493,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
cjma... you didn't like the facts about private health in the UK?
What facts in particular?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Let me ask a question about the "economics" of the present heath system in the USA. Is it economical for, let's say, for a woman who is earning too much for welfare and not enough to get health cover to be refused an operation to fix her cattarachts. She becomes blind because she cannot have this relatively economical operation. She can no longer work and the Gov't will put her into housing and pay her benefits for the rest of her life. Is that economical. Many stories like this occur in the USA everyday.
where are you getting this??

Old 07-27-2008, 11:21 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
The facts that you copied and just answered "please". The facts that there is far greater choice of health care in a UHC. I myself teach people with long term conditions. This is another free service given on the NHS to people who have long term conditions and have problems coping with them Drugs such as Insulin and heart drugs etc are free on the NHS. People earning under a certain amount get free prescriptions. Many services are available here eg, Drug counciling, Family Planning, Meals for the elderly, delivered to their homes. The list of what a UHC can do for you is endless. These are facts.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:23 AM

I got this from a woman who is now blind and getting help from the state, because she could not get the operation for her cattarachts. She lives in Florida and has told me that this is quite common.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:25 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
As Ron Paul quite rightly says. STOP chucking good money after bad abroad. You could also have a small insurance stamp payed by every working American to fund your Health service and a retirement plan. If you don't mind your tax dollars being sent to the middle east or Africa or other "needy" countries. Why do you protest about your tax dollars being spent on good hard working and unfortunate American Citizens?
You realize (no you do not) that the cost just to START a UHI is over 50 times our annual TOTAL BUDGET for the entire Country? Then comes the costs of running it - sorry - no can do

Face it - you are not an American trying to tell Americans how they should run their country - you don't know the United States - you do not know our systems - our freedoms - our rights - our laws.

There is no need for a UHI in the US - Affordable insurance can be made available to those who want it

Or - do you want to FORCE EVERYONE to have UHI? Bet you won't answer this question -

Old 07-27-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Many services are available here eg, Drug counciling, Family Planning, Meals for the elderly, delivered to their homes. .
As they are here =======

Old 07-27-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I got this from a woman who is now blind and getting help from the state, because she could not get the operation for her cattarachts. She lives in Florida and has told me that this is quite common.
fake

Old 07-27-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
BS - not true -

Old 07-27-2008, 11:28 AM

The facts that you copied and just answered "please". The facts that there is far greater choice of health care in a UHC.
Choice, what choice??

I myself teach people with long term conditions. This is another free service given on the NHS to people who have long term conditions and have problems coping with them Drugs such as Insulin and heart drugs etc are free on the NHS.
Great.. you get all of that in any public hospital for free also.. Next...

People earning under a certain amount get free prescriptions.
Same in the US.... Next...

Many services are available here eg, Drug counciling, Family Planning, Meals for the elderly, delivered to their homes.
Here also,, actually you can get a nurse to go to your house if you want.. NEXT....

The list of what a UHC can do for you is endless. These are facts.
Next list please...

Old 07-27-2008, 11:30 AM

Greatday... Please tell me where you can get free counciling for illness or free counciling for family planning or free contaception or free prescriptions or free psychiatric help and counciling, unless you are on some form of welfare?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies