Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:15 AM

10 posts, read 66,986 times

Advertisements

I have heard that they are going to start following a national trend to install video cameras in parks. Does anybody have a problem with this besides me??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2007, 07:39 AM

246 posts, read 894,927 times
i love to.....safe...

Old 01-16-2007, 10:20 AM

989 posts, read 5,923,606 times
I'm not doing anything against the law or wrong. Why should I have a problem with it?

Old 01-18-2007, 11:00 AM

29 posts, read 115,250 times
On one hand if it would prevent perverts from lurking around my kid I am all for it. On the other hand it does feel a little big brotherish.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:25 PM

201 posts, read 983,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glad I dont live in Ca View Post
I have heard that they are going to start following a national trend to install video cameras in parks. Does anybody have a problem with this besides me??
Who cares .... why would this be an issue , if you are doing nothing wrong ?

I prefer security over perceived "loss of liberties " .... video cameras are good for protection against criminals ..... and any cops who may want to to kick your ass for no reason like in California !!!

I would feel much safer with my family in a park with video surveillance .

To me loss of liberties is having your home bombarded by vile reality TV , rap hip -hop and , ever more violent cop shows and the whole MTV thing

Old 01-18-2007, 03:07 PM

569 posts, read 1,228,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
I'm not doing anything against the law or wrong. Why should I have a problem with it?
Ditto........................

Old 01-18-2007, 03:15 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,366,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
I disagree with this type of statement as an argument for something. However if the cameras are focused on public areas where there is no right to privacy, then yes, there is nothing wrong with having the cameras in a public park. Yes, our right to privacy does not apply in the public like it does in our own home. So in a public place, while it may be "big brotherish" in my opinion is completely constitutional.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:56 PM

355 posts, read 842,390 times
A few years ago, in Southern California, there were numerous reports of park vandalism which included scattered razorblades throughout the sand/wood chips in playground areas. I don't recall any horrible accidents, but these acts could have been prevented. There are cameras everywhere in today's world, not to mention those carried by John and Jane Smith and their 5 teenagers.

I'm more worried about my Nosy Neighbor than I am about Big Brother.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:26 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,474,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
I disagree with this type of statement as an argument for something. However if the cameras are focused on public areas where there is no right to privacy, then yes, there is nothing wrong with having the cameras in a public park. Yes, our right to privacy does not apply in the public like it does in our own home. So in a public place, while it may be "big brotherish" in my opinion is completely constitutional.
I agree. Put cameras anywhere there are kids and crime. The only ones to complain would be the liberals and the ACLU. We can always deport them. lol

Old 01-18-2007, 05:51 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
This is an alarming and disturbing trend and another example how law abiding citizens pay the price for a few criminals.
IMO it will make them that much easier to start installing elsewhere once they are established in the parks.
No, I am not a left winger or a card carrying member of the ACLU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies