Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 10:06 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,579,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
They wanted to, were close enough to, but were men enough not too.
They are better people than I am. I don't care what your opinion is on political issues; spitting on people crosses the line, and you deserve whatever you get in response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 10:13 AM

107 posts, read 327,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakiryu View Post
the sacred history of marriage?

what about arranged marriages? what about forced marriages?

Marriage is an act of love? Isn't God love?

And technically since God mades us all he/she also made the gays.

Deal with it. Love is love. Gender doesn't matter.

Tearing down or bashing traditional marriage is no way to get the silent majoriy in this country to accept or allow gays to be married. It's a ridiculous way to try and convince people. If you don't like it, move to Europe...

I'm sorry if your parents were hippies, or if your aunt molested you, or if you were forced by your mother to play with dolls, but you vehement supporters of gay marriage can't pervert marriage for everyone else.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,814,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
Tearing down or bashing traditional marriage is no way to get the silent majoriy in this country to accept or allow gays to be married. It's a ridiculous way to try and convince people. If you don't like it, move to Europe...

I'm sorry if your parents were hippies, or if your aunt molested you, or if you were forced by your mother to play with dolls, but you vehement supporters of gay marriage can't pervert marriage for everyone else.
Umm yes they can. They already have.

Besides, marriage has been "perverted" for as long as it's existed. Adultery, polygamy, wife-slaves, the list goes on and on. I don't see how you justify your viewpoint when on one hand you have a guy divoricing his fifth wife and cheating constantly with 20-year-old golddiggers, and on the other hand you have two devoted people who actually act like they love each other.

Which of those is perverting marriage, I wonder? Here's a hint, it's the pervert.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
Umm yes they can. They already have.

Besides, marriage has been "perverted" for as long as it's existed. Adultery, polygamy, wife-slaves, the list goes on and on. I don't see how you justify your viewpoint when on one hand you have a guy divoricing his fifth wife and cheating constantly with 20-year-old golddiggers, and on the other hand you have two devoted people who actually act like they love each other.
Of all the above mentioned behavior, two men in bed is the most disgusting thing by a long shot. Like I said before, if it feels gut wrenching to only think about it, it must be wrong.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Of all the above mentioned behavior, two men in bed is the most disgusting thing by a long shot. Like I said before, if it feels gut wrenching to only think about it, it must be wrong.
It wrenches my gut to eat asparagus, but a lot of people enjoy it, and it doesn't harm me when they eat it.

Too bad, we should ban it so I won't have to read the cans at the grocery store.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:33 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,040,610 times
Quote:

If marriage only belonged to one culture/religion and one culture/religion only, then you might've had a point with the perversion of "traditional marriage".

Problem is, marriage has many forms to many cultures and religions. Some allowing gay marriage. Judaic faiths do not have a monopoly on the concept. To ban all cultures/religion's version of marriage simply because a few of them have a problem with it is just plain discrimination.

Two gays getting married isn't going to pervert marriage and it isn't going to kill Christians.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:34 AM

Different situation by a longshot. Lettin 'em get married will be a slippery slope to having gays making out on the street just high schools teenagers do nowadays. Simply unacceptable, f*** disgusting...

Langlen - What is your point? The few cultures that do allow gay marriage have only allowed it in the last decade or so. >>>So we have to allow gay marriage just to be more like a few select countries in Europe??? Is it keeping up with the Jones' that drives you guys crazy? Even Native Americans had marriage ceremonies, as well as I'm sure many other indigenous cultures, and I'm sure they didn't recognize gay marriage.

I just don't see how you guys think that you are standing on the moral high ground... and I am supposedly the barbarian

Last edited by EventHorizon; 07-14-2008 at 10:43 AM..

Old 07-14-2008, 10:38 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,040,610 times
Quote:
Different situation by a longshot. Lettin 'em get married will be a slippery slope to having gays making out on the street just high schools teenagers do nowadays. Simply unacceptable, f*** disgusting...
Where's the proof of this? When straight people get married, do they start overdoing PDA? Many of my homosexual friends aren't into PDA. And just because them kissing makes you queasy doesn't justify discriminating against them by barring them from the rights that you get from marriage.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:48 AM

PDA? I didn't know they already coined a term for something they think they are getting away with. Maybe this gay marriage thing is like illegal drug use, the more outlawed it is, the more the perpetrators want to engage in "it".

Old 07-14-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
PDA? I didn't know they already coined a term for something they think they are getting away with. Maybe this gay marriage thing is like illegal drug use, the more outlawed it is, the more the perpetrators want to engage in "it".
Wow you've never heard the term PDA? That dates to around, what, the 60's? I like how you jump on it being a gay conspiracy, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies