Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 11:49 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,116,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Because I'm interested in the discussion.
Fact is tho nobody would care much about what gay people did if they didn't intentionally go around ruffling feathers.
What exactly do gay people do to intentionally ruffle feathers? I'm truly interested in your perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 12:12 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,123,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
ie gay sex ed in our schools...
I won't address the term "gay sex" and how I don't see what in the world it means, but what is your argument against this? I'm of the opinion that people need to be taught about safe sex, and those who are going to be having sex with others of the same sex need to be having safe sex, also. Actually, I wasn't taught anything about sex in school, but I suppose that's beside the point.

Quote:
...gay sex scenes in movies even though the scenes in question do nothing for the movie. Example Alexander. I have read a lot of history about Alexander somehow his sex life was not relative enough to print.
This annoys me also. A lot, actually. What makes you think every gay person is eager to see gratuitous sex scenes in movies, more so than the next person?

Quote:
Call me hateful or a homophobe because I don't get off on gay materials. Am I hateful because I am not in the least interested in their sex life? News flash I have heterosexual neighbors and their sex life doesn't interest me either.
It's not hateful but you seem to have lumped all people who have same-sex relationships into one group with all the same interests, the crappy movies being an example. That's the mistake, IMO.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Because I'm interested in the discussion.
How come?

Quote:
Fact is tho nobody would care much about what gay people did if they didn't intentionally go around ruffling feathers.
So they all do this? How so?

Old 07-13-2008, 12:16 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,872,808 times
Im a homophobe and i'd gladly put it in another guys mouth if he wanted it. He'd lose his if he came after me with it.

As long as they dont marry and start trying to claim spousal benefits they can put it wherever they like just dont let me have a whack at it

Old 07-13-2008, 12:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,162,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I won't address the term "gay sex" and how I don't see what in the world it means, but what is your argument against this? I'm of the opinion that people need to be taught about safe sex, and those who are going to be having sex with others of the same sex need to be having safe sex, also. Actually, I wasn't taught anything about sex in school, but I suppose that's beside the point.

This annoys me also. A lot, actually. What makes you think every gay person is eager to see gratuitous sex scenes in movies, more so than the next person?

It's not hateful but you seem to have lumped all people who have same-sex relationships into one group with all the same interests, the crappy movies being an example. That's the mistake, IMO.
Never claimed every homosexual is eager to see gratuitous sex scenes or even any. My point was its become almost required by hollywood.
Sex ed in school. Do we need to teach 12 year olds about same sex practices? NO. We can teach the use of condoms and leave it at that. You pitch a tent you best protect it regardless of who or what sex the partner is.
As I have said I don't hate homosexual people. I know a few and have never had an issue with them. Do I hang out with them? No. We travel in different circles. If I saw one broken down on the road I would try to help them just as I would any hetero I know. Do I have an issue using a public bathroom if I know the man next to me is gay? I won't lie yes I do.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:26 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,915,899 times
Ahh yes, the "if you don't agree with me, it is because you secretly are the same" position. A stupid argument made by stupid people.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Never claimed every homosexual is eager to see gratuitous sex scenes or even any. My point was its become almost required by hollywood.
I'd say blame Hollywood, then.

Quote:
Sex ed in school. Do we need to teach 12 year olds about same sex practices? NO. We can teach the use of condoms and leave it at that. You pitch a tent you best protect it regardless of who or what sex the partner is.
Well, then what is it going on in schools that is inappropriate, that is going beyond teaching young people about condoms, the pill, etc.?

Old 07-13-2008, 12:41 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,000,634 times
What it all comes down to?
"I don't want anyone who's different from me to have the same rights."

Old 07-13-2008, 12:43 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,116,605 times
Quote:
Do I have an issue using a public bathroom if I know the man next to me is gay? I won't lie yes I do.
Don't worry. We're not looking to compare like straight guys do. We're window shopping!

Old 07-13-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Ahh yes, the "if you don't agree with me, it is because you secretly are the same" position. A stupid argument made by stupid people.
There are always exceptions to a rule, but most of us can probably think of an example of this playing out, and there's something to be said for that. I can think of quite a few I went to high school with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies