Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2007, 02:25 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
You sounded so, young!! The problem is as of now they are taking jobs from kids starting out and it's not fair to our own. When you were out of school we probably didn't have the influx of immigrants we have now and jobs were easier to find. My son didn't even discuss wages all the Mexicans and Peruvians have the jobs is what he was told. I understand about work hard and save your money but, when your young good luck and with no available jobs until they finish collage means they stay home longer.

As far as the renter off topic, but I have a girlfriend in Calif. and she had to report an apartment with 20 people and when she called the landlord the landlord was under the impression a white guy was renting with his wife and daughter. They always sent a money order and when she went around checking they always seemed to be gone. Renters do have a lot of control over your house believe me if you have ever rented a house out what a nightmare, people are very deceiving.
I know that their are slum lords but, also some just want to have an investment and renters can destroy an apartment or a house in days.

Good luck to your children's future!!

My son had a hell of a time finding a job out of high school, went to like 14 different interviews, he was willing to take whatever, never mentioned money. Luckily he found a job at the last minute, but geez, when I was a kid I never had a problem.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:26 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,077,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Well anyone going to the ER has to give the info. Illegals do not have real SS they steal them, usually from dead people so I hear. So fraud is huge with the hospitals. i have read reports about the illegals getting credit cards and houses as well, then not paying and getting new numbers. it is amazing what a person can do. Identity theft is huge. me i would be terrified to do things they do, but they figure they wont be found.
Yes, scary. But we're talking about the ones who "do it." This may or may not include "all" illegal aliens (probably not), and it certainly includes legal aliens and American Citizens. So instead of fooling ourselves and lumping the problem on an easy target, let's get scientific, go after the guilty parties and move the discussion to a meaningful level.

So, we're dealing with "open borders" (though our government claims to be throwing resources at that problem), ID theft (by primarily who, we don't know, but those caught are prosecuted), fraud of our welfare system by legal and illegal residents (to what level, we don't know) and misuse of some institutions (ERs, f. ex.). Tall orders. We must tackle these problems with objectivity, level heads and sound, reasoned fiscal policy. Policies that to more than make empty promises, and policies that don't exacerbate the problems. These problems are not all caused by illegal immigration alone. It's a component, but it's not the sole cause.

Anyway, what does this have to do with the topic of the thread, American culture and patriotism?

Old 01-22-2007, 02:37 PM

"Anyway, what does this have to do with the topic of the thread, American culture and patriotism?"

Well we are losing it. giving into things we shouldnt. becoming too PC.

on the other end, you are not going to get rid of a stray cat by feeding it. Fact . Sorry for the example but it works. You have to stop feeding it or you will become it's owner and owner to whatever it may bring with it.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:51 PM

745 posts, read 1,297,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
You sounded so, young!!
I would like to think that I still am young But, I suppose I'm not.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:02 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post

Anyway, what does this have to do with the topic of the thread, American culture and patriotism?
It has a lot to do with it!! We are not Mexico and Mexico needs to ask for help not send it's people here for us to take care of their problems. I am sure we would be more then, glad to help their economy and learn to produce jobs for their people. Their government is the problem and until they clean it up what do you expect us to do!
Be concerned about our culture and patriotism they showed us theirs on our own soil!!

Old 01-22-2007, 03:59 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
Illegals do not have real SS they steal them, usually from dead people so I hear. .
Did you hear that rumor in the graveyard?!

Old 01-22-2007, 04:01 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,881 times
Wildberries, I'm not attacking you in any shape or form, in another thread you stated you had a Christian perspective, determining your Christian background. But, you slander, whine, and don't show illegal immigrants the respect they deserve as human beings, regardless of what they've done to you. You are holding a grudge.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:10 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,077,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
on the other end, you are not going to get rid of a stray cat by feeding it. Fact . Sorry for the example but it works. You have to stop feeding it or you will become it's owner and owner to whatever it may bring with it.
Example forgiven, by me, at least, but only if we don't lose sight of the fact that we're talking about flesh-and-blood people, not cats. Unlike cats, who don't do much for us besides purr when we feed and pet them, people can get an education, a job and become productive members of society. People, in short, can help us. Cats just make us their butler and maid. I know; I care for two.

Point well taken, in any case. And I've stated a couple of times in agreement with you and others that this, in fact, probably will deter illegal immigration on some level. It may even cause the current population to decrease. But it won't eliminate the problem. I'm getting carpal tunnel from writing that it is THIS side of the issue we must deal with.

So:

1. Tighten the borders - fine.
2. Increase resources for rooting out fraud and abuse of the system, and deport as needed - fine.
3. Figure out how to get people to use the various institutions correctly (i.e. don't go to the ER with a nosebleed) - fine.
4. Not every illegal immigrant will be deterred and voluntarily leave the country - what about them?
5. There will likely remain a population of illegal immigrants that we don't know anything about, people who have nowhere to go, or too poor to go anywhere - what about them?

Last edited by Winston Smith; 01-22-2007 at 05:25 PM..

Old 01-22-2007, 05:23 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,606,085 times
If one wants to read or hear real slandering and whining, one should familiarize oneself with the propaganda of the illegals themselves, what with complaints of "it's too 'hard' to try to be legal" (unlike 250 years of precedence for legal immigrants in the USA from everyone not south of the border,) or unflagging preference to remain in all ways wholly foreign nationals, with any concession to American laws considered justifiable defiance of the hated gringo. You can google the sites from your nice residence in your nice area, whereas I see this in person, and live with it amongst the real life examples.

In the last 2 weeks, amongst other tasks of my Neighborhood Watch was distributing flyers to all with a police description and contact # for a rapist who attacked an elderly woman in her home, and a household last night (a Sunday) that started their outdoor fiesta at 10 p.m. with DJs and professional sound systems cranked up to stadium level, with the P.A.s in the driveway of the front yard, just so everyone blocks and blocks and blocks away could be prevented from getting a good night's sleep for Monday. (the one neighbor foolhardy enough to confront them, when police called by two blocks worth of people failed to rouse any response, was laughed at with zero regard to neighbors' concerns.) Guess what common denominator these people might fall under? Those people who you callously demand respect for.

Would one callously demand respect for bank robbers as human beings? Respect for child molestors as human beings? Too much? How about callously demanding respect for people who engage in identity theft to steal your personal social security # for their fake i.d.? Or callously demanding respect for the people who, en masse for frivolous non-emergencies just 'cos it's free to them, caused the emergancy hospital nearest you to close, just when you've been in a traumatic emergency yourself and your ambulance can't figure out where to take you (that one's happened to me)? Or callously demanding respect for the illegals that totalled your car by driving without a license, i.d, or any concept of American driving laws (gee, that one's happened to me too!)(and everyone I know who lives near me)? Or callously demanding respect for the people killing neighbors' dogs 'cos, hey, they're just animals in their "home country?" Or callously demanding respect for people who so undercut entry-level jobs that no students can ever get a summer job again, or desperate poor adults, who are told they must speak a specific foreign language?

I feel sorry for the children, and am for every possible thing done for them throughout their education here, which I will always support, to help them become intelligent American citizens, but respect the mean-spirited, law-breaking adults who should know better? I don't think so. They certainly have zero respect for any Americans.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Did you hear that rumor in the graveyard?!
No, from the government and credit places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies